• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Any player who sides with Xhaka rather than the fans can follow Xhaka to his midtable Bundersliga club, where he belongs. Rather than blame the fans perhaps the players should be asking themselves why Mr Hold The House Keys Xhaka needs to be protected as some precious snowflake, and whether he actually is a good role model for the players of a big club.

Except you're forgetting players are human and not automatons. They use social media, they check out what fans think of them and they react to constant negativity in the same way as we would. Hell if I got booed every time I went to the office I know how I'd react.

Need to remember they would have known about the abuse he and his wife were getting online. Not to mention by all accounts he was always the one trying to rally the team behind the scenes after a poor performance so when he was getting booed obviously were shocked and disgusted by it.

We complain when there is no team spirit or bond and then complain when players do actually support their teammates. It's ridiculous.

Fans who supposedly are meant to roar on their own proved themselves at their loudest when booing. It's depressing.

They call others snowflakes for complaining and that they should man-up and perform while they themselves spend vast amounts of time on social media....complaining.

The supreme irony was when Xhaka reacted comparatively mildly to the booing and the abuse... and the ones booing got offended. Now if that isn't the very definition of a snowflake..

I've been an Arsenal fan for over 30 years but even I think some of our fans should have their Internet access cut and forbidden from setting foot outside their house on match days. They're fair weather fans, quick to support (quietly!) when we're doing well and quick to savage players (loudly!) when we lose.

If you were a player either playing for the club or a player considering joining the club, the toxic atmosphere contributed to by some fans is hardly going to convince you to take a chance on us. I mean that's hardly rocket science....

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Maitland Niles is a good player.
I share your unpopular opinion of AMN. He's been asked to do a lot in his youth. "Hey lad, I know you're only 19 and a central midfielder...but how about trying out RB. It's only the league cup...but now how about trying it out in the PL? Now back to CM, surrounded by guys who constantly run out of position. Now back to RB..."

I'm very interested in how Arteta's coaching will affect him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Personally think M-N has looked far better and more natural at RB than when he's played centrally. Good player for sure, but don't think he quite has the same natural feel in CM as when he's played at RB.

goonerfamily

Aubameyang is our second worst starting striker since Wenger took over in 1996. He's a pure goal scorer but a very mediocre footballer. Only Giroud is worse for me.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If we kept Monreal and Koscielny this season, we would be closer to the top 4. They were old and past it but more consistent and way less error prone than the duds in our defence.

Monreal has been very good for Sociedad. They have a good side though this year.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This is our best shirt of the 2010s

santi-cazorla-celebrates-scoring-arsenals-third-goal-during-the-picture-id153546749

Is this an unpopular opinion...or is everyone right, and agrees with me ;)

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is our best shirt of the 2010s

santi-cazorla-celebrates-scoring-arsenals-third-goal-during-the-picture-id153546749

Is this an unpopular opinion...or is everyone right, and agrees with me ;)

It's v neck so could never be a top kit

V-necks are for guys that wear three quarter length shorts, gel in their hair and Lonsdale trainers

Riou

It's v neck so could never be a top kit

V-necks are for guys that wear three quarter length shorts, gel in their hair and Lonsdale trainers

IMG_2931_1__massive.jpg

Do you not like any shirt with a V neck...even this one?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
IMG_2931_1__massive.jpg

Do you not like any shirt with a V neck...even this one?

Nope, horrendous. Yes it has emotional, special memories attached but looking objectively at is as a garment it's hideous

Riou

Nope, horrendous. Yes it has emotional, special memories attached but looking objectively at is as a garment it's hideous

I love this shirt, probably the one I wear the most...don't mind showing of a little neck myself...

The ladies love it ;)

One lady loves it...

My mum...

I am so lonely... :(

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Solution for the eternal Laca/Auba conundrum:

Make it clear to each player that he will only play for one half and be substituted for the other every game. The idea is that they expend all their energy (aka run around like a lunatic) and put in 2x the effort of any other player.

We call it “Doing a Sanchez”

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Solution for the eternal Laca/Auba conundrum:

Make it clear to each player that he will only play for one half and be substituted for the other every game. The idea is that they expend all their energy (aka run around like a lunatic) and put in 2x the effort of any other player.

We call it “Doing a Sanchez”

No. Sell the fat one.

Top Bottom