• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Finally someone who listens to me! :D

Seriously, if they can pull that off satisfactorily, I'll be over the moon.

giphy.gif

If they can manage to move Xhaka and Mustafi to make it happen, well....

Reactions: A_G

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Saw a lazy link to Thomas Lemar earlier. Probably most likely to go to France, but could be a really smart signing for the right price.

truth_hurts

Martinelli plays where exactly?

He's a teenager so he shouldn't be forced to play too much.

Lemar I'd want as an attacking mid anyway, although the idea of Isco is far more appealing. Lemar is a lot more realistic however.

I'd assume Torreria plays the Fernandino/Gundagon role with Ceballos and Lemar playing as brokes man version of one of the Silva' and KDB.

That said, we couldn't convince Lenar with Wenger here and knocking around the champions league spots - the question is, who has fallen off more? Us or him?

Gunner-Union

January is a transfer window where you look to sign players from clubs below you in the league, not above.

Doucoure would be a good option at this stage but obviously its always about the fee involved.

I also think the Ryan Fraser option is worth exploring too, he could be got in January, I know we have a bit of youth in those positions but at the right price it is worth bulking out the squad and he will hold resale value.

always thought dacoure is what we have needed, he is not a dm but a box to box who can defend very well but his powerful pacy drives forward are what we don’t have atm. Partner him with another box 2 box and a dm between them

Gunner-Union

Lemar I'd want as an attacking mid anyway, although the idea of Isco is far more appealing. Lemar is a lot more realistic however.

I'd assume Torreria plays the Fernandino/Gundagon role with Ceballos and Lemar playing as brokes man version of one of the Silva' and KDB.

That said, we couldn't convince Lenar with Wenger here and knocking around the champions league spots - the question is, who has fallen off more? Us or him?

Def him but I never thought he was that good anyway

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

He didn't light it up in Barca did he. Is he that good, im not sure. Martinelli needs as much game time as possible imo.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

I mean we did convince Lemar it was just way too late in the day, he would've come but the deals were so late, especially with Lemar playing for France that same day.

It proved to be good that we didn't actually sign the kid considering the 92m price tag.

truth_hurts

To be honest, I think the Lemar rumour is a bullshit one. However, he is young, technical, versatile and talented. He also needs to rebuild his career. A move to Serie A would be more probable, but you never know.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I mean it would be nice to have a decent crosser of the ball on one side and a Pepe on the other. Lemar is technically good.

Nobody really knows what we're going for until Arteta's first few games are out the way. Dont even care about the results as long as I see a specific style of play.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Would be interesting to see what Lemar gets sold for, transfermarkt has his current value at €27mil, we were ready with 92mil, crazy what one good season can do to inflate a fee.

Divided_Pie

I mean it would be nice to have a decent crosser of the ball on one side and a Pepe on the other. Lemar is technically good.

Nobody really knows what we're going for until Arteta's first few games are out the way. Dont even care about the results as long as I see a specific style of play.
Saka is a decent crosser of the ball. Needs time but he fits the bill. Assuming Martinelli eventually moves to striker I like the potential of S-M-P across the front.

Don't see why Lemar would be any kind of priority with the needs at CM, CB, and FB.

ChefMan21

Saka is a decent crosser of the ball. Needs time but he fits the bill. Assuming Martinelli eventually moves to striker I like the potential of S-M-P across the front.

Don't see why Lemar would be any kind of priority with the needs at CM, CB, and FB.
I like his versatility, which might be handy if he's less than £25m. Not a priority but certainly versatile.

truth_hurts

Immediate priority? No, but if we are trying to go to a possession based game, this is the type of player that we need. I doubt he'd be sold for less than 50m though.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Yeah I get this as well to be fair. Priority must be CM and CB. By the end of Jan it would nice to have Partey/Ndidi and a centre back whilst clearing out some players.

For me if we can do it the priorities for this Jan are -

Selling Kolasinac (Who's out until Jan anyway) And bringing in a replacement
Selling Xhaka and bringing in a replacement
Selling Mustafi and bringing in a replacement

I'd say in that order as well. Left back purchase for obvious reasons, Tierney is out for a while. Desperately need a number 6 and CB as well. Not sure how well they can do it this window though, especially if they want Ndidi.

He didn't light it up in Barca did he. Is he that good, im not sure. Martinelli needs as much game time as possible imo.
Absolutely. I reckon he could reach close to Gnabry level with consistent playing. With a proper team around him, I couldn't rule out Mbappe levels or slightly below that. That's how much confidence I have in his ability.

Newchange

Immediate priority? No, but if we are trying to go to a possession based game, this is the type of player that we need. I doubt he'd be sold for less than 50m though.

I appreciate it’s a matter of opinion but lemar is the last thing we need. Weak physically and even weaker mentally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom