• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Today is the first time in a looooong time I felt we were set up correctly tactically, not sure how Arteta takes the blame for a 1-1, what more can he do? He cant make Lacazette hit the target or the players final balls hit, he's clearly already changed something as it looked like a complete different set of players out there compared to the last few months.

I weren't even in favour of hiring Arteta but damn I'm impressed but not getting carried away so far, the players actually look interested and like they want to play the style of football.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People also need to consider how poor we are away from home and how short in confidence the players are it'll take months to get things right. People will have to show alot of patience

We were so quick to find Özil between mid and defense. Özil will enjoy a lot more playing under Arteta. I do believe Özil is in decline but he was very good today. Same for Xhaka and Torreira. They understood their roles a lot clearly than before.

A lot lot lot of work need to be done. But hopefully it was signs to come.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

We were so quick to find Özil between mid and defense. Özil will enjoy a lot more playing under Arteta. I do believe Özil is in decline but he was very good today. Same for Xhaka and Torreira. They understood their roles a lot clearly than before.

A lot lot lot of work need to be done. But hopefully it was signs to come.

Top posting from you yet again.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We gonna lose to Chelsea and City like 18-0 and you guys gonna come in here talk about how amazing Arteta is lmao. Kids with stars in their eyes thats you lot.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I was encouraged. Really encouraged. It's a shame we weren't very good when it came to the final ball but our positioning and overall shape was miles better. The forwards were more coordinated in their pressing. Auba, Laca, Nelson and Özil all pressing and cutting channels very well. AMN tucking in when on the ball made him look 10x better at RB. Xhaka and Torreira also looked decent. I doubt we will look anywhere near this v Chelsea but there were positives.

If I had one quibble it was the end product. Nelson's not a run and cross winger so he struggled with his delivery often, same with Saka who over hit a bunch of crosses. I would have liked to see Pepe a bit more aswell but likely he still has a slight knock, that or Nelson's doing more running. Also still think Laca and Auba do not need to be shoehorned together for the sake of it. For next game, if Martinelli is still not fit, Pepe must start from the right and Nelson from the left. Will give us more balance IMO.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
We gonna lose to Chelsea and City like 18-0 and you guys gonna come in here talk about how amazing Arteta is lmao. Kids with stars in their eyes thats you lot.

You're overdoing it now mate, getting boring. What else do you want people to say? They say saw positives so that's what they're gonna post.

Why don't you offer your opinion on the game instead of sh!tting on others?

GoodEbening

To Everyone Except Arteta
MOD: Bloody hell, you're back already?

Apologies folks, normal service will be reviewed shortly.

This time really gotta remember to hit save...

Last edited by a moderator:

BigPoppaPump

This is a Kroenke-sponsored communist forum mate. You can't criticize the team on anything and not especially Irishgunnerz's idol Mikel Arteta. They will gang up and censor you on any criticism. You are only allowed to be sycophants and cronies here.

Yeah, we're gonna have to be martyrs for the cause. They may not like us now bu the history books will remember us as heroes.

Reactions: A_G

BigPoppaPump

You're overdoing it now mate, getting boring. What else do you want people to say? They say saw positives so that's what they're gonna post.

Why don't you offer your opinion on the game instead of sh!tting on others?

Too much hyperbole, I want balanced reviews instead of people turning into like rabid fans for Arteta.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Too much hyperbole, I want balanced reviews instead of people turning into like rabid fans for Arteta.

Other than the obvious OTT stuff on the match-day thread, most opinions have been fairly balanced insofar as we're taking the positives in the context that it was his first game as manager, after having very little time to train.

We spent 10 months agonizing over Emery's failures, of course people are going to focus on the positives.

Top Bottom