• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonger

His contract comes down to the last year this summer. I'd expect Genk to sell him, either in January or in the summer.

Napoli has been interested, and it was mentioned that Napoli had offered €20m recently. Vg.no referencing Gazette dello sport and Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblatt.

https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/A...-bud-paa-sander-berge-fra-italiensk-storklubb

Not sure he is good enough to replace Xhaka. Physically he is very impressive, and for his size he is surprisingly good technically. However, it is a big jump from Belgium to the Premier League. He is more of a talented rough diamond.

It seems Napoli & Liverpool are the front runners for him, Liverpool have been tipped to make either a January or summer move, fuelled after Klopp spoke to him directly after Liverpool played Gent & said that Berge is a very interesting player.

However, they are stocked in midfield. Liverpool could afford to ease him in, but he would have limited game time. We would need him to come good a lot sooner, but he would also get more game time with us.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Speaking of Norwegian's, I'm a big fan of Kris Ajer. Think he can be a top top CB.

He’s got some great fundamentals, absolute unit and strong in the tackle.

Whenever I’ve watched him he’s had shocking games though, like the recent cup final :lol:

I’m going to try and watch more games though, as he’s clearly got a good base to be working from. Their young right back Frimpong looks a talent as well.

What you saying @bingobob ?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He’s got some great fundamentals, absolute unit and strong in the tackle.

Whenever I’ve watched him he’s had shocking games though, like the recent cup final :lol:

I’m going to try and watch more games though, as he’s clearly got a good base to be working from. Their young right back Frimpong looks a talent as well.

What you saying @bingobob ?
I really like Ajer but you're right he has become accident prone recently. A worrying trait when he should be more composed and assured. I'm not sure if its error prone or simply he has out grew the Scottish game and is overly assured and thus making more mistakes when he should be focused on the basics.

Frimpong looks amazing. Hard to believe City let him go so cheaply. Came through the City ranks from the age of 10 and moved to Celtic for 350k. An absolute bargain by all accounts.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I really like Ajer but you're right he has become accident prone recently. A worrying trait when he should be more composed and assured. I'm not sure if its error prone or simply he has out grew the Scottish game and is overly assured and thus making more mistakes when he should be focused on the basics.

Frimpong looks amazing. Hard to believe City let him go so cheaply. Came through the City ranks from the age of 10 and moved to Celtic for 350k. An absolute bargain by all accounts.

350k for a 10 year old?

HBL

Established Member
Adama Traore still bang average technically, passing is below poor. Suits this Wolves system because he basically just runs down the wing and crosses it.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I like Lemar as a player a lot. Don't think an attacking midfielder should be our priority this window though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That’s pure b*llocks, they’ll cut their losses right now and sell for 25M.

I’m probably the worst Atletico fan to ask seen as I love Tommy but I think he’s been totally misused by Simeone.

The main system of pressing we’ve come up against is teams matching our formation and pressing us high and marking man to man.

Often they’ll send blocks of four after whoever has the ball out on the byline, completely cutting out the passing lanes from the back four to the wide players as you can see below and completely choke their service. Lemar’s in the square just above the centre circle.

Alaves-high-wide-block-3.png

To negate this, the obvious strategy is to bring the wide players inside and create overloads in the middle to disrupt the press.

When we have say Koke or Saúl on the flanks this isn’t an issue as they’re more than happy playing in the middle. Lemar though struggles in the middle of the pitch, he’s a winger who is great at beating his man and putting lethal balls into the box or running into space.

Playing such a rigid attacking pattern means he’s completely useless for us, he hasn’t been great but in the right system still think there’s a great player in there.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

That’s pure b*llocks, they’ll cut their losses right now and sell for 25M.

I’m probably the worst Atletico fan to ask seen as I love Tommy but I think he’s been totally misused by Simeone.

The main system of pressing we’ve come up against is teams matching our formation and pressing us high and marking man to man.

Often they’ll send blocks of four after whoever has the ball out on the byline, completely cutting out the passing lanes from the back four to the wide players as you can see below and completely choke their service. Lemar’s in the square just above the centre circle.

Alaves-high-wide-block-3.png

To negate this, the obvious strategy is to bring the wide players inside and create overloads in the middle to disrupt the press.

When we have say Koke or Saúl on the flanks this isn’t an issue as they’re more than happy playing in the middle. Lemar though struggles in the middle of the pitch, he’s a winger who is great at beating his man and putting lethal balls into the box or running into space.

Playing such a rigid attacking pattern means he’s completely useless for us, he hasn’t been great but in the right system still think there’s a great player in there.

Exactly why Nemanja Matic is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom