• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | Sunday 29th December | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Chelsea Win

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divided_Pie

If Bellerin and Martinelli are fit:

.........................Leno
Bellerin - Chambers - Luiz - AMN
..............Torreira - Xhaka
...............Pepe - Özil - Martinelli
.........................Auba

AMN tucks in from the left this time with Bellerin pushed further forward providing overlaps when Pepe cuts in.

If they're not fit I think we'll see something similar to last game, with Chambers in for Sokratis.

jvw

Really hoping to see Pepe and Martinelli start if fit. Laca on the bench and to be sold in January. I think Pepe doesn't get picked because he's lazy in training, but I still reckon he deserves to play and he'll come good if he does.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I don't like that talk about a game being more important than another as, in the end, they are all the same for 3 points.

Yet, today makes me feel like being so so vital to our fortunes and the overall outcome of the season - if we get a CONVINCING victory again, against a top side with quality players right at the start of Arteta's reign, I'd feel very confident the whole atmosphere would turn and would not go back down just because of a following defeat.

The players already seem to have a feeling of change in regard to tactics, training etc and if they get direct feedback in such a massive game with a great win with beautiful football, Arteta already has them on board.

Last edited:

MikeVinna

Established Member
If Bellerin and Martinelli are fit:

.........................Leno
Bellerin - Chambers - Luiz - AMN
..............Torreira - Xhaka
...............Pepe - Özil - Martinelli
.........................Auba

AMN tucks in from the left this time with Bellerin pushed further forward providing overlaps when Pepe cuts in.

If they're not fit I think we'll see something similar to last game, with Chambers in for Sokratis.

Hoping for this. AMN is good at cutting in and bypassing the opponents midfield. Did that last game as well on occasion.

Dont wanna see Nelson near the starting XI. Time to unleash Pepe if he’s fully fit.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hyped and think we can do it. Them scoring 2 in 5 mins at 35 on the clock will suck

Last edited:

MikeVinna

Established Member
I don't like that talk about a game being more important than another as, in the end, they are all the same for 3 points.

Yet, today makes me feel like being so so vital to our fortunes and the overall outcome of the season - if we get a CONVINCING victory again, against a top side with quality players right at the start of Arteta's reign, I'd feel very confident the whole atmosphere would turn and would not go back down just because of a following defeat.

The players already seem to have a feeling of chance in regard to tactics, training etc and if they get direct feedback on such a massive game with a great win with beautiful football, Arteta already has them on board.

And we’d also be in with a small chance at still getting 4th place as ridiculous as that sounds. Shows the state of our club that teams like Sp**s and Manure are pushing for top 4 while they’re utter trash this season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Finally, one of favourite games ever...

...let’s do it boys!

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Really hope Pepe starts and plays well. Feels like Bournemouth was a warm up to a home game where we can really express ourselves

The attack has to work because the defence has potential to crumble

Ewarwoowar

Turns my stomach to say it, cos I never call a loss, but I think this game comes too early in Teta's tenure with injuries and players futures in the air, I can only envisage a 1-3 loss:eek:ops:,, I still believe in the process though, excited to see what Mikel can do.

Prove me wrong boys!

COYG's!

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Play the big boys, and let them do the job. Don't overcomplicate things. Pepe instead of Nelson and we have our best 11.

Time to get out of this mess. With wins in the next two, things will look so much better.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Turns my stomach to say it, cos I never call a loss, but I think this game comes too early in Teta's tenure with injuries and players futures in the air, I can only envisage a 1-3 loss:eek:ops:,, I still believe in the process though, excited to see what Mikel can do.

Prove me wrong boys!

COYG's!

I must admit that echoes my sentiments as well. Add in the United game, and things could start to look a bit ugly.

Long term, I am cautiously optimistic.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Jualdfing by some of these posts Martinelli really seems to have become the great hope for 2020.

Not too soon?

Think people are overhyping him to an extent, that being said he could easily cement a 1st team spot by the end of the year. His press and hustle alone will make him a player Arteta wants on his team, added to that he so far has a knack of scoring goals he may become very valuable.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Two players I think who'll need a massive game here is Guendouzi/Ceballos, whichever replaces Xhaka and Lacazette.

Lacazette will get chances and he seriously needs to take them, his goal in this fixture last year was fantastic.

Ewarwoowar

I must admit that echoes my sentiments as well. Add in the United game, and things could start to look a bit ugly.

Long term, I am cautiously optimistic.
Clearly I'd love a win, we win here and the boys will start to puff out their chest, that will cause ripple effect, not only the effect with in our club but through out the league, letting every over club think there might be resurgence, a placement of doubt in their minds and in how they might approach us, anxiety is a great leveler.

Ewarwoowar

Pre-pressers for this game really lack substance because of the hectic-ness of the holiday period.

Mikel:

Lampard: really respectful regards to Luiz, slight mention of fate of Giroud too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom