• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dayot Upamecano

GDeep™

League is very weak
Saw some highlights of him from this weekend and he looked pretty dodgy.

Could be a good player, but shelling out 50M for him now and expecting him to transform the defence can only lead to disappointment.

Would we be expecting him to transform the defence or just develop alongside Saliba in the short term?

Good “build a new team” type signing.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's a young defender. He's certainly not gonna transform us in the short term. I think the reason we brought in an experienced head like Luiz is that if we do play some of the younger CB's they'll have some real experience alongside them.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Shame all the links on this come from Mail, Sun, Star etc. This guy is what we need, imagine him next to Saliba, no issue with communication and both young 21, & 18. We can afford £50m, especially with Xhaka going. If we got this guy in Jan I'd be happy to replace Xhaka in the summer.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Shame all the links on this come from Mail, Sun, Star etc. This guy is what we need, imagine him next to Saliba, no issue with communication and both young 21, & 18. We can afford £50m, especially with Xhaka going. If we got this guy in Jan I'd be happy to replace Xhaka in the summer.

That's my issue though, an 18 and 21 year old pairing in the PL doesn't sound ideal to me.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I am quiet positive he is our CB priority, unless Mikel has his own list and convinces the board about his pick

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
That's my issue though, an 18 and 21 year old pairing in the PL doesn't sound ideal to me.

I think Saliba would be eased in over the season, maybe Holding & Upamecano to start with. Age doesn't bother me too much if they have the quality, mentality and some good experience. I always point to Tony Adams when people are concerned about age.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I really can not fathom why he'd leave Leipzig to come here. We've probably never looked so unattractive to a player looking to push into the next level.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Seems to have the right profile in terms of physicality and passing range, but bit young to be the first choice couple with Saliba. Also seems to make some mistakes.

Would prefer Dias if we're going all out though, he's really impressed me.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Just seems stupid to invest so much in two young CBs. 80m deep... in a kid with 25 pro games & another with multiple knee injuries. What could go wrong?

What happened to scouting for less high profile opportunities? Why do we need to blow 50m to improve this poor defence? We just spent big on a CB & LB.

Shame we never signed Evans on a free. Find an opportunity like that.

Bloodbather

Established Member

The fact that Saliba is 18 shouldn't stop us getting Upa out of concern that our CB would be too young. That's ridiculous logic. Holding and Chambers will still be a part of the rotation.

Upamecano's error-proneness has become overblown as well. He's not Mustafi or David Luiz. His qualities are very appealing - rock solid, quick defender. I liken him to Kolo Touré in his heyday, but taller.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom