• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Only way I would accept this, is if the loan fee/wages it frees up, covers the loan for Rabiot...then when he is bought in the summer, we can look for a permanent improvement then when it’s easier to get the players you want.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Only way I would accept this, is if the loan fee/wages it frees up, covers the loan for Rabiot...then when he is bought in the summer, we can look for a permanent improvement then when it’s easier to get the players you want.

Unfortunately we need the money now to buy a much needed top notch CB, eg Upamecano for £50m If we had him with Holding or Chambers it would help more than replacing Xhaka now, that can wait until summer. Obviously if a loan for Rabiot was possible then great but Xhaka must be sold, not loaned.

We have zero midfielders that are good enough for this level of play.

If we lose Xhaka we will need as much money as we can to find replacement.

Newchange

Think a loan with a obligation to buy will be agreed. The fact he’s stated he wants out is more then enough to force our hand. Get rid. Focus on getting a CB for now. I believe arteta will find a balance with Torreira,Guendouzi,Cabellos and Willock to cover us till the summer

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Think a loan with a obligation to buy will be agreed. The fact he’s stated he wants out is more then enough to force our hand. Get rid. Focus on getting a CB for now. I believe arteta will find a balance with Torreira,Guendouzi,Cabellos and Willock to cover us till the summer
A loan is no good to us at this moment ffp is tight.

TornadoTed

Established Member

I would prefer a midfielder to come in but if we did get a central defender, both Luiz and Chambers could cover midfield also, probably just about enough depth to see us until summer.

Manberg

Predator
Why do they get to speak with Xhaka and agree a contract before agreeing a deal with the club? There should be a law against such things.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Why do they get to speak with Xhaka and agree a contract before agreeing a deal with the club? There should be a law against such things.
Gauge interest and contract demands, to understand whether the move is feasible before approaching the club. Imagine going through the hassle of agreeing a fee with a club through the various intermediaries and negotiations, only to fail to agree to personal terms with the player.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Formally, you have to ask the club for permission to talk to its players. I reckon that happened here as well.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Nobody going ask clubs for permission you contact his agent first to check about his client availability then present him the contract (of course he won't sign that paper until all things agreed with club).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom