• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dayot Upamecano

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Chambers could be out for awhile. Mavropanos should leave on loan. That would basically leave Sokratis, Luiz, Mustafi and Holding (once he's match ready). I would be surprised if Arsenal splashes out big money on a center back in January (big money ones are rarely available anyway), but I could certainly see a loan signing or forking out £6 million for Joe Worrall or somebody like that.

You can double that at least for Worrall. Have watched Forest a few times over the last 18 months and don't think he's good enough. Having a good season next to Dawson though.

LG10

Raul gonna overpay for someone once again. Saliba partnership with this guy is probably the plan, will be great in 10 years.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
On the flip side, this is a long project with Arteta. If we can get him now in what remains a trainwreck of a season, get him in to gain as much PL experience as possible. I guess.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think we'll wait until summer for this there no indication he signing new contract so if we can get him between 30_40M would be great deal

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
In summer it’s impossible we get him, so many clubs with CL will go for him. It’s January or never

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Linked to other clubs btw. You feel next summer could be an auction, so a sneaky January attempt even if we have to pay extra, might be an option,

Adapting to the PL has never been harder. At the same time signing players from within the league seems impossible.

We really need to do good business, and probably write off next season as well if we're going to sign guys like Upamecano.

Malky

Established Member
Seen a few weak rumours of City sniffing about with a potential bid for Upamecano, so if we really view him as our main CB target January might be our best and only chance at him.
Although with RB top of the Bundesliga and still in the Champions league it'll be incredibly difficult to see him leave mid-season.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Raul gonna overpay for someone once again. Saliba partnership with this guy is probably the plan, will be great in 10 years.

Upa is already the starting center-back of a team that topped its UCL group and currently are the league leaders in Bundesliga. Not like he's some project purchase. Saliba is younger and rawer, but that's where you rely on your rotational players.

Center-backs don't take as much time to hit prime-level football anymore. Ajax was minutes away from reaching the UCL Final with a 19-year old center-back as the anchor of their defense. I watched a partnership of 23-year old Çağlar Söyüncü and 21-year old Merih Demiral completely shut down a French national team with Griezmann, Mbappé and Pogba all playing with my very own eyes.

Not saying experience doesn't help, but it's not accurate to look at a potential Saliba-Upamecano partnership as something for the distant future.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Don't think RB will let him go.
They're top of Bundesliga are not in a hurry to sell. Plus Upamecano is probably not willing to risk his form/place for Euro 2020 by changing clubs in midseason.

truth_hurts

Do one of them pay now get him at the end of the season type deal like Chelsea did for Pulisic last season.

This would be ideal. We'd have to over pay to secure it though. Plus it gives us time to shift 2 or 3 of Luiz, Mustafi, Sokratis and Mavrapanos.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Only an idiot would leave the team at the top of the Bundesliga table to a team with no prospects save for sinking further down the table.

He's coming here if we pay over the odds for both him & RB Leipzig & I don't believe it would be wise to squander what meagre resources we have on one defender.

truth_hurts

Only an idiot would leave the team at the top of the Bundesliga table to a team with no prospects save for sinking further down the table.

He's coming here if we pay over the odds for both him & RB Leipzig & I don't believe it would be wise to squander what meagre resources we have on one defender.

I do, but I'm not sure that Upamecano is said defender. I'd blow our whole budget on Kouilabailly for example.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom