• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dayot Upamecano

GDeep™

League is very weak
At his age you’ll think he’ll need 2-4 years to adjust to England. Even then he might not cut it. Saliba is 18/19. In the premier league CB’s simply don’t start and perform for top clubs at 18-23 type ages, so you’re asking these guys to break the rule, big ask.

When Utd signed Ferdinand he was 24 but he still had issues over his concentration, he would switch off in games at Leeds. He was the greatest ever.

Like @Furious said, looks a big project with these signings.

TornadoTed

Established Member
At his age you’ll think he’ll need 2-4 years to adjust to England. Even then he might not cut it. Saliba is 18/19. In the premier league CB’s simply don’t start and perform for top clubs at 18-23 type ages, so you’re asking these guys to break the rule, big ask.

When Utd signed Ferdinand he was 24 but he still had issues over his concentration, he would switch off in games at Leeds. He was the greatest ever.

Like @Furious said, looks a big project with these signings.

I agree, that is why I have said for a while that I would like us to sign a player in the 23-26 age group. They would hopefully have the consistency that comes with experience while still being young enough to have a 4-5 year partnership with Saliba further down the line. Easier said than done though!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’m not behind this because I still haven’t been overly impressed by him or Konate this year, I think there are a lot of great CB options on the market which you could get for a fraction of his price.

I’ve come round more to the idea of a Lewis Dunk than Upamecano, in recent months he’s impressed me with his on the ball skills despite his age and price.

When you could get three great potential leaders like Ben White, Nathan Ferguson and Ben Davies for probably less than Upamecano I think the club should be going in that direction.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I’m not behind this because I still haven’t been overly impressed by him or Konate this year, I think there are a lot of great CB options on the market which you could get for a fraction of his price.

I’ve come round more to the idea of a Lewis Dunk than Upamecano, in recent months he’s impressed me with his on the ball skills despite his age and price.

When you could get three great potential leaders like Ben White, Nathan Ferguson and Ben Davies for probably less than Upamecano I think the club should be going in that direction.

Dunk is my number 1 choice for central defence. He seems a good character, a leader, has plenty of experience, checks all the boxes.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
You can double that at least for Worrall. Have watched Forest a few times over the last 18 months and don't think he's good enough. Having a good season next to Dawson though.

Could be. I just based the figure on the £5.78 million Worrall is valued by Carteret Analytics, per the BBC.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I do, but I'm not sure that Upamecano is said defender. I'd blow our whole budget on Kouilabailly for example.

Now that'd be a defender I'd get behind spending serious transfer funds on.

Problem is, De Laurentis, being the nutjob that he is, will demand an extortionist fee.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is Dayot one for the future or what? I wonder. We need an experienced leader who’s ready now, preferably with premiership experienced. Without being alarmist, we’re in dangerous territory in terms of our relationship to the bottom 3. Having a young kid who’s going to take time to adjust is not the desired route we should be taking.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I do, but I'm not sure that Upamecano is said defender. I'd blow our whole budget on Kouilabailly for example.

If or when Koulibaly is sold it will be over £80m, possibly even £100m. I don't think Upamecano will be too much of a risk, he already has good experience and at 22 we would be set for years with him and Saliba, both French which will help.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You'd think at 28, someone would have gone for Koulibally by now? Not saying it's old but surely this summer he'll move.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You'd think at 28, someone would have gone for Koulibally by now? Not saying it's old but surely this summer he'll move.
He is available for right price. Napoli owner is difficult he'll demand like at least 80m

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Think they'll be a lot of teams interested in the summer. Plus, you would have to think he'd want out now. Hasn't won anything at Napoli.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Last I heard the Napoli owner was saying don’t bother coming for Koulibaly unless you’ve got over 100M to spend.

Issue for most clubs would be his age now. Can’t really invest such money in a guy pushing 30. Coming to England will need an adjustment period too.

Only thing I see for him is an Italian club doing one of those fruity player plus cash type swaps. Could end up at Inter or something like that.

Newchange

With Raul,Edu and Arteta at the helm I think the chances of us signing any epl/championship players are very slim now. They will be looking for a sexy name to appease the fans when in reality we need more solid, leaders to take us forward. Dayot won’t come here in January regardless of his contract RB won’t have any reason to sell. I see a loan defender in coming or Saliba being recalled

Latest posts+

Top Bottom