• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsenal Mania always felt like the most respected football forum in the world to me, feels like a place with great "character", finally getting the recognition it deserves!

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
That match scarred me for life as an Arsenal fan. Can’t believe he had the cheek to start 5 defenders and 3 DMs at the Emirates against the worst team in the league. Truly disrespected the club with that team.

He needs jailtime, Ballague as well for doing propaganda for him.
Have you seen the latest Emery interview with his pal Balague? Nothing on the mismanagement of Özil, Torreira, Xhaka and other players, all good vibes.

Sanllehi still worries me, the man wanted to give Emery a new contract. ****ing hell, I guess it’s good that he can and was outruled.

musoke

The point is, a lot of people didn’t think they could do it. I’ve heard it a hundred times, justifying Emery’s decision on Özil/Pepe being benched because they can’t or won’t well together. Obviously, they can... if you adjust the rest of the team well.
But how come people kept going on about how Emery should not make our attacking players run about like headless chickens blah blah?
What he asking them to do was right but may be they did not respect him.
But all I remember is that people came up with catchphrases like "Such and such player should never be asked to track back, press, win back the ball, defend as part of a team etc". Instead we were told that so and so should just remain in the oppositon half waiting for others to fight and win the ball, then deliver it to him so that he can do find space and find defense splitting passes that no one else can pull off.

But lookng at that front 4 today and the previous 2 games, they have done exactly what Emery was being bashed for asking from them.. Hard work, attack and defend as a team.. And we are all happy.
Isn't it?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Arteta said the players aren't yet ready to keep up the intensity for 90 minutes, hopefully it's something that can be done with time. But it's good that we're adapting in the 2nd half because we know it'll be too difficult to play at the same intensity.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Its one or the biggest fan forums. Even YouTubers rip opinions straight from here at times :lol:

Can't lie, I feel like I saw a lot of people stealing my Lacazette jokes on twitter. I low key started the whole twerking Lacazette thing, I said it once here and the next week was all over twitter.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Have you seen the latest Emery interview with his pal Balague? Nothing on the mismanagement of Özil, Torreira, Xhaka and other players, all good vibes.

Sanllehi still worries me, the man wanted to give Emery a new contract. ****ing hell, I guess it’s good that he can and was outruled.

With Edu and Arteta at the helm, I have no doubt that they will keep Raul in line.

Raul is a hustler, left to his own devises he'll make decisions that are in the best interest of Raul. Channeling that hustle in the right direction, we can end up with signing coup players... i.e. Saliba, Pepe. We'd never be able to get themover the line without a bit of Raul wizardry.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Got a good 5 days till the next game. Will be great to see Arteta, having some time with the players on the training ground. He's changed the whole feeling of the Club. great win, what a way to start of 2020 by beating Utd!

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
But how come people kept going on about how Emery should not make our attacking players run about like headless chickens blah blah?
What he asking them to do was right but may be they did not respect him.
But all I remember is that people came up with catchphrases like "Such and such player should never be asked to track back, press, win back the ball, defend as part of a team etc". Instead we were told that so and so should just remain in the oppositon half waiting for others to fight and win the ball, then deliver it to him so that he can do find space and find defense splitting passes that no one else can pull off.

But lookng at that front 4 today and the previous 2 games, they have done exactly what Emery was being bashed for asking from them.. Hard work, attack and defend as a team.. And we are all happy.
Isn't it?
Emery wanted our attacking players to track back and score with fast counter attacks, absolutely not suitable for any of our attacking players, not even Aubameyang who has poor ball control when running with the ball.

On the other hand, Arteta wants us to defend from the front. I guarantee you that he will not be happy that were pushed to defend deep in the second half. He will continue his work and make this team dominate both halves without having to rely on last ditch defending. All while playing talented attacking players who won’t track back fullbacks for 90 mins.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Man, I hope this isn't another false dawn. My heart can't take another one.

Also can somebody post xG stats for this (and also for the Chelsea) game please?

Top Bottom