• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Manberg

Predator
We're in January. There must have been players Arteta had been watching. It's up to the board to get the players this handsome man wants now!

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
ENO8OxuXUAEzNeF

Anyone know where his jacket is from?
You can bet it up there with Canada Goose and Stoney mate. Unless his nan got it for him for xmas off the shopping channel for £15. Looks too slick for that though.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

You can bet it up there with Canada Goose and Stoney mate. Unless his nan got it for him for xmas off the shopping channel for £15. Looks too slick for that though.

Nah it's Armani, only currently £270 on sale.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Alright back on topic fashionistas

How will Arteta solve our stamina issue? Tbh I feel like we were there for the taking in the second half, a better team could've salvaged a draw. I feel like away from home it's gonna bite us badly.

Whatever happened to that Brad Forsyth guy we got so hyped about? Was he another myth like Mislintat?

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Alright back on topic fashionista's

How will Arteta solve our stamina issue? Tbh I feel like we were there for the taking in the second half, a better team could've salvaged a draw. I feel like away from home it's gonna bite us badly.

Whatever happened to that Brad Forsyth guy we got so hyped about? Was he another myth like Mislintat?

Shad Forsyth is still there but Emery has his own fitness people so he probably took a back seat while Emery and his staff was here. As to your first point, it probably can’t be fixed now until preseason. That’s when they put in most of the fitness work. They might start to get used to it between now and the end of the season but I don’t think we’ll get 70-90 minutes of it until next season.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
As Mikel says at the end of that clip "we are all together". Might go and open another beer.....
who would have thought that being still in his thirties, and only recently retired as a player, would turn out to be such a positive plus

I'm so so glad we didn't get Ancelotti

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Drugs.

Now, where can I get that coat? Link please @OnlyOne

I hope we are using PEDs, would be stupid not to.

Shad Forsyth is still there but Emery has his own fitness people so he probably took a back seat while Emery and his staff was here. As to your first point, it probably can’t be fixed now until preseason. That’s when they put in most of the fitness work. They might start to get used to it between now and the end of the season but I don’t think we’ll get 70-90 minutes of it until next season.

Shad was meant to be our saviour, nothings changed tbh. Can't blame Emery for everything.

Last edited:

sykesy69

People might think it's tactics and stuff that he's learned from Pep, but I think Arteta was already astute and knowledgable about tactics. What I think he's learned from Pep most of all, is how to motivate players. That's the biggest ingredient to a winning formula. No hair dryer treatment or that middle aged Alex Ferguson stuff. Good old encouragement, belief and hugging works better.
This is beginning to irk me too, to think he didn't have his own ideas before he joined Pep and this is all down to working under Pep.

He had a different relationship with the players at City, being the No.2, which he seems to be using to get the squad onboard.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
We're in January. There must have been players Arteta had been watching. It's up to the board to get the players this handsome man wants now!
I'm beginning to think he's been watching everyone for the past year, and plotting how he would improve them - being manager of Arsenal has been part of the plan ever since he retired as a player, I suspect

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

On fitness - There were many games under Emery where we looked solid fitness wise throughout the whole 90 minutes. It's clear after the past few months the players were't working anywhere near as hard as they have these past 3 games.

We'll get fitter from here on out if we keep this level up.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom