• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I hope he wears a suit like Emery, Wenger and Graham did before him. Not a fan of this smart casual nonsense he's got going on.
I don’t care about his press conference or how he dress. He could speak like a [stop using that word] in press conference or walk into the stadium on a match day holding a dildo in his hand. As long as he gets his tactics, his training, his video/stats analysis and the transfer right, I will support him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manberg

Predator
There’s no doubt Arteta’s tactical game plan is always spot on. I’m a big supporter of him and agree to give him time to rebuild the squad. But he has to polish on his in game tactical change.

During the Chelsea game, Lampard made a sub and a change in the formation to gain control in the midfield.

If we have Guardiola, he would have maybe tuck in a winger to counter Lampard’s tactical change, trying to gain back possession in the midfield area. But Arteta didn’t change anything, that’s why we play at home but we only have 42% possession at the end.

And later, Lampard was trying to create overload on their left side, and Arteta didn’t do anything.

Chelsea tried to press us high, we could have drop a midfielder to get more numbers at the back, so we can play out from the back not losing possession. But again, Arteta didn’t change anything, that’s why we are forced to play long ball and lost possession. It happened many times in the second half.

It didn’t cost us a goal directly, but tactically speaking, Lampard did better in his in game management despite not getting the game plan right at the start.

I can’t agree that any change was feasible. Due to tiredness the team was forced deep and conceded the midfield. Pepe is not at the level to do as you suggested he’d be confused.
Besides, even though we conceded possession, the team was actually defending very well until Leno’s error. Hence I think the “out-tacticed” talk was very harsh.

Arseshavin

I don’t care about his press conference or how he dress. He could speak like a ret**d in press conference or walk into the stadium on a match day with a dildo in his hand. As long as he gets his tactics, his training, his video/stats analysis and transfer right, I will support him.
14-57-13-833-Xk86ajx.jpg

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I'm really jealous tbh. Early days of course but Arteta just emanates class, the short term improvements already are seriously impressive given his experience level.

His press conferences are refreshingly honest and interesting. Doesn't bullshit around, talks about a team suffering together instead of individually which is something you don't usually hear managers say publicly because.. well, it's a terrible soundbite potentially, but it's a big part of football. Bad times are a lot less toxic when they're shared, and it builds friendships and mutual respect.

Easy to go overboard at the moment but there are so many reasons to be excited for you lot.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I'm really jealous tbh. Early days of course but Arteta just emanates class, the short term improvements already are seriously impressive given his experience level.

His press conferences are refreshingly honest and interesting. Doesn't bullshit around, talks about a team suffering together instead of individually which is something you don't usually hear managers say publicly because.. well, it's a terrible soundbite potentially, but it's a big part of football. Bad times are a lot less toxic when they're shared, and it builds friendships and mutual respect.

Easy to go overboard at the moment but there are so many reasons to be excited for you lot.

The same goes for your new manager.

:lol:

I'm sorry, couldn't resist.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

So very happy with him. It's kind of mad how things got under Emery though, genuinely would have got relegated under him. Really shows how important mentality is and how key a good coach is to that.

When Wenger was in his final season there was a bunch of people saying the manager can't make the players mentally strong but what has been proven is they can damn well make them weak.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

The man is very charming isn't he. Speaks relaxed and candid and knows how to get the players to buy into what he does. Clearly has massive love for the club too.

I know it goes for any manager that comes here but I really hope he does well here. Want to be starting 2030 with the guy too and a few league titles under his belt. Stuff of dreams

Last edited:

Wryer

What I'm loving is the consistency of his identity and philosophy in all the 3 games in charge. There is nothing left for second guessing. I remember 10 games into Emery'a reign, people were still wondering what he has brought into the team. Granted, the results were good, but that stamp of identity was not there. Nothing stood out in terms of tactics, communication or ideas.

9jagooner

The team has some serious fitness issues. In Emery's first few months, he tried playing the high intensity game too but the players were not fit enough to deliver all through 90 minutes. For those who remember, in those early months, we played only half of 90 minutes - the second half. First half, the opposition walked all over us and sometimes scored a goal or two. Second half, we play our game and win/draw the game. Looks like the current team will continue with that but this time in the reverse i.e. play well first half, hope to score a goal or two and defend in second half and hope to counter.

Not sure how we will sort this out now. I remember Emery's first pre-season, they had this massive fitness workouts but that didn't seem to help. Will like to see how Arteta solves this problem when he has his first pre-season.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I have been on that train long before it was even in fashion. :lol:
Yeah, some of us were on the Arteta train as soon as Wenger left. Shame we got laughed at. :lol:

So glad we didn't get moaning Mourinho, the guy the Spuds sacked or the old guard doing the rounds like West Ham went for. We've done so much better. Arteta ouzes class.

Wenger II.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Yeah, some of us were on the Arteta train as soon as Wenger left. Shame we got laughed at. :lol:

So glad we didn't get moaning Mourinho, the guy the Spuds sacked or the old guard doing the rounds like West Ham went for. We've done so much better. Arteta ouzes class.

Wenger II.

I couldn't believe some people genuinely wanted Mourinho here. That would be the end of this club.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom