• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
I've said it before, it really is mind-boggling how Emery bought Torreira, made him into a very good player only to undo everything that made him a good player.

It wasn't as if there was a pushing need to play him at No. 10 :facepalm:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Lucas was always ball winner who sit deeo protect the defense and help them inside our box. I just don't understand what Emery was trying to playing him as attacking mid
I could see what he was trying, but there wasn't enough stability and cohesion for it to work it's best. It had no chance when the team was so rotten.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
aaah sah? did lickle raas ah terrorise dem today? the fight in fe dog ah bigger than fight in ah bigger man. i think im eat nuff ital stew. ah cow foot fe di strong back. stamina back! We are back. Jah rastafari selassie. each. and. every . day. give. thanks. are you rasta sah?

Sure love a bowl of mannish water at the weekend and you’ll often hear Fabians Prophecy cracking my car windows...

But, alas, although Ill willingly partake in a smoke of the blessed herb I have heavily fallen into the ways of Babylon. I man is no Rasta.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Think Torreira fits well with how Arteta wants to play. High intensity and with a compact setup. He isn't the fastest, but he is quick and active and will nick the ball from the opposition more often than not. He is also sure on the ball and can turn quickly. He also has a goal in him and was unlucky not to score the 3-0 to seal the game.

If the rumours are true that he wants out I hope Arteta can turn him around. He is a type of player we don't have enough of and we need one like him.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Torreira cramped up at 75 or so minutes but kept going. Was going to be changed but he signalled to the bench to get Lacazette off instead, who was also having cramps. What was in his drink? Some special vitamins?
Liked the way he continued despite the cramp. At the end he was still our most active defender. Big fight in the little dog!

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Think Torreira fits well with how Arteta wants to play. High intensity and with a compact setup. He isn't the fastest, but he is quick and active and will nick the ball from the opposition more often than not. He is also sure on the ball and can turn quickly. He also has a goal in him and was unlucky not to score the 3-0 to seal the game.

If the rumours are true that he wants out I hope Arteta can turn him around. He is a type of player we don't have enough of and we need one like him.

Completely agree the compactness of the team is bringing out the best in him. Fought like a warrior! Great signing from Sven!

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
aaah sah? did lickle raas ah terrorise dem today? the fight in fe dog ah bigger than fight in ah bigger man. i think im eat nuff ital stew. ah cow foot fe di strong back. stamina back! We are back. Jah rastafari selassie. each. and. every . day. give. thanks. are you rasta sah?

Really do love reading these posts.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Still think he is a bit light weight, but if it is working, don't break it ;)

He's so good in short spaces. As long as he has someone around him, he will be fine.

Pop Tart

Established Member
2019 he was non existent until the last game of the year, since then he has been a real presence. Hopefully he has turned a corner

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
He has been crapping himself with his performances for a year.

To be fair, no one can really knock the posters who pre-Arteta wanted any player to leave or had the opinion they wouldnt make it here, truth be told the majority of our squad were awful for a large chunk of time with minimal effort being put in, posters were just commenting on what was on show.

I never wanted Torreira gone and defended him BUT for some its black and white, if they aren't cutting it on the pitch you simply arent good enough.

I'm first to admit I strongly did not want Arteta here due to his 'C.V', I now appear to be wrong as he looks to be doing great BUT I don't disagree with my logic for thinking that prior to now.

A lot of our players weren't performing and deserved huge criticism, arguably they still do as they shouldn't have been that bad, some of them look like completely different players with questionable fitness, I dont think we should forget that just yet..

P.S - apologies for the negative-ish response, jus sayin' :lol:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I don't speak dreadlocks but whatever it is you said I love it

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He was great yesterday, like an angry Jack Russel snapping at everyone that came near him. Lucas Terrier!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
2019 he was non existent until the last game of the year, since then he has been a real presence. Hopefully he has turned a corner

Not a dig at you but these are cliché terms that don't really mean anything.

He was very existent but playing poorly in a role that both masked his strengths and exposed his weaknesses as part of a disjointed team.

There's still work to do physically but he's back where he excelled to begin with so it's not so much "turned a corner" but playing in his best position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom