• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merih Demiral

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Shame he's right-footed, how good is he on the ball? Defensively he seems to have the right attributes at least.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Juve just spent big on Kulusevski, might need to raise money now.
50mil would make them consider it hard, knowing he ain't their starting CB

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's probably the most likely purchase we can make but 50m for a player that has hardly played this season is so steep.
Upamecano wont be allowed to leave imo with Leipzig having a realistic chance of winning the German league.

Why

Always Me ?
After the press conference and the news on Chambers, certainly sounds like we are in the market for a CB. Demiral seems to be the most promising rumour.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He's probably the most likely purchase we can make but 50m for a player that has hardly played this season is so steep.
Upamecano wont be allowed to leave imo with Leipzig having a realistic chance of winning the German league.
And why do you think Juve would let Demiral leave after his recent performances? If anything, it's the opposite, this is far too farfetched where as Upamecano is approaching a year left on his deal and no indication to resign.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
And why do you think Juve would let Demiral leave after his recent performances? If anything, it's the opposite, this is far too farfetched where as Upamecano is approaching a year left on his deal and no indication to resign.
Upamecano is a starter CB for a Leipzig side currently at the top of the table, yes his contract is expiring but I doubt Liepzig will let him go just because they can get a few more million for him in January when they have a good chance to win the league if they keep him.

Demiral on the other hand is a 3rd choice CB and will be fourth choice when Chilleni comes back from injury.

They are both unlikely but Demiral is more likely of the two for me and it might be if we throw crazy sum at them then they might sell, they will still have a backup in Rugani.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This move won't happen with Chiellini out for while and they don't trust Rugani

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Upamecano is a starter CB for a Leipzig side currently at the top of the table, yes his contract is expiring but I doubt Liepzig will let him go just because they can get a few more million for him in January when they have a good chance to win the league if they keep him.

Demiral on the other hand is a 3rd choice CB and will be fourth choice when Chilleni comes back from injury.

They are both unlikely but Demiral is more likely of the two for me and it might be if we throw crazy sum at them then they might sell, they will still have a backup in Rugani.
I agree re: Leipzig and which is why I think both are unattainable in January, but Demiral for me is untouchable. Chiellini is 35 and injured, while Bonucci is also getting up there in age. Some Juve fans rate Demiral more than De Ligt which is why I can't see them moving him on, he's very highly rated.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
not sure who else we can get then especially in January.
I thought Demiral was the only one linked to us that was actually good enough to improve us defensively and possible since he wasnt starting for Juve.
Hopefully our scouts can unearth a gem.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Juve just spent big on Kulusevski, might need to raise money now.
50mil would make them consider it hard, knowing he ain't their starting CB

He started over De Ligt in their last four matches. According to Juve fans, has been more impressive than De Ligt this season.

Regardless, they see him as a long-term partner for De Ligt so they won't sell him anyway.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
He started over De Ligt in their last four matches. According to Juve fans, has been more impressive than De Ligt this season.

Regardless, they see him as a long-term partner for De Ligt so they won't sell him anyway.

I know, said it myself months ago how highly rated he is there, before he even started to play more.
At the same time, you never know. They like money over there, and good offer could make them think twice, cause you just know they would go on and find another CB gem for 10 mil

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I know, said it myself months ago how highly rated he is there, before he even started to play more.
At the same time, you never know. They like money over there, and good offer could make them think twice, cause you just know they would go on and find another CB gem for 10 mil

In that case why don't we just take their chief scout :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Dortmund and Leicester made and juve didn't respond yet Dortmund offer is 40m euros Leicester more than 30M.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Dortmund and Leicester made and juve didn't respond yet Dortmund offer is 40m euros Leicester more than 30M.

****, I could live with Dortmund as it would seriously heat up the title race, hopefully ending up with Bayern not getting it for once.

Leicester would be cruel - that team they are building looks frightening - they could cement their place up top 4 for several years, if they keep on managing like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Rather Ake, they'll go for similar prices.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom