• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I never understood why people hate you so much :lol: you're not even that bad there's way worse guys on this forum.

Right now it's a bit different, but for a while there were a lot of posters who were just @GDeep™ wannabes.

It got really bad when he asked to get banned and there was a power vacuum of sorts and the wannabes really went at it and it got super cringe. More than it already was.

Some of them still post here and have had to try and develop another personality and even tak shots at him from time to time.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
5uaz9zbzbe841.jpg

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You're aware that Arteta is an unknown risk in a world full of known factors?

I'm not sure why you let get so prickled that people had the audacity to not want a rookie manager?
People just can't get their heads around the fact that there are no known factors in football. Apart from that the fact, the more you spend, the greater the chance of finishing higher up the table.

The football league is littered with experienced managers that dive and get sacked all the time. Some of the best managers in history happen to have been a complete gamble like Guardiola to Barcelona A, Ferguson to Manchester United, or that bloke Wenger that nobody had heard of.

Everybody who came in contact with Arteta had nothing but praise for him. It's not that big a gamble.

Everybody who came in contact with Arteta had nothing but praise for him. It's not that big a gamble.

Trilly told me he wanted the old Sp**s manager who never won anything in his life or that Ajax manager who could just be t he next Boer or Villa-Boas. These would have been just as much big gambles as the coach that is labelled as one of the best man manager in the game already by the greats like Wenger and Pep.

I feared for tactical side of Arteta and thought he would need to gain a little experience there but so far it has been very positive from him. I wanted Arteta before Emery because I knew he would not be "Safe and Boring" like majority on this forum seems to be craving. It is different vibes over Emirates with Arteta now, he is already on track of uniting the players and the fans and has just been here for few weeks.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
After only a couple of matches, it is clear that Arteta is the proper continuation of Wenger, and I think the clearest example is how Arteta views Xhaka.

Arteta's philosophy focuses on 3 P's -- pass, possession, and position -- and I think it would be fair to say that Wenger's philosophy only had 2 P's -- pass and possession. Without the ball, we were often caught out of position, and against top teams we would get punished. Top coaches would find the spaces that Wenger would neglect and just take us apart.

Wenger's fluid approach to positioning would expose our less mobile players like Xhaka. Without the ball, he could be a liability if he's in the wrong position. Also, in possession, he could be a liability if you allow teams to press him because he isn't quick or a great dribbler.

For Xhaka to excel, you need to ensure that he's in the right positions both offensively and defensively. If you don't do that it will be easy for him to be a liability.

Under Wenger, Xhaka was good because we used 2 P's, but he could still be a liability. Under Emery, who used a 0 P's philosophy, Xhaka was awful. Under Arteta it is clear that he can become a top, top player.

As a player who was educated in both the Basque and Catalan footballing traditions, Arteta knows how to maximize the quality of a DLP who isn't mobile. It is easy to imagine that players like Pep, Busquets, and even Xabi Alonso would not have become world-class players if they didn't play within systems that used the 3 P's. None of them are that mobile, and only Xabi Alonso is known for his incredible passing range.

In only a couple of matches, it is obvious that Arteta has found ways for Xhaka to have more time on the ball, and use his passing range to stretch defenses and launch attacks from deep.

Most people wanted Xhaka to leave, but under Arteta he's going to become one of our most important players. This might sound hyperbolic, but Torreira-Xhaka could be as good at Mascherano-Xabi Alonso.

Couldn't be more pleased with what I've seen from Arteta.

(Also, it is incredible to think how awful Emery was. Torreira and Xhaka were about to leave if he stayed as coach, and now they have the chance to form one of the best midfield partnerships in the league.)

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
(Also, it is incredible to think how awful Emery was. Torreira and Xhaka were about to leave if he stayed as coach, and now they have the chance to form one of the best midfield partnerships in the league.)

Its not the only thing Arteta has to do (imo). Even more important (and harder than that) is drilling Willock and Guendozi to either slot in seemlessly if one of Xhaka or Torreira isn't playing (be that through injury or fatique) or/and form a partnership of their own. Especially Guendozi needs positioning drilled in hard to be the player we know he can be.

If we do that and possibly secure another really good CM we have a top class midfield.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Its not the only thing Arteta has to do (imo). Even more important (and harder than that) is drilling Willock and Guendozi to either slot in seemlessly if one of Xhaka or Torreira isn't playing (be that through injury or fatique) or/and form a partnership of their own. Especially Guendozi needs positioning drilled in hard to be the player we know he can be.

If we do that and possibly secure another really good CM we have a top class midfield.

Arteta has a lot to do with the entire team, but sorting out the Xhaka situation clearly comes before addressing Willock and Douzi.

If Xhaka left then Willock or Douzi would be starting for us unless we signed a Xhaka replacement this month, and our team would be much, much worse.

It is easier to improve your backups if they're still backups and not the reason why we're dropping points.

If Xhaka started against Chelsea we may have won the match. Douzi lost a totally winnable header that lead to Abraham's goal.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Trilly told me he wanted the old Sp**s manager who never won anything in his life or that Ajax manager who could just be t he next Boer or Villa-Boas. These would have been just as much big gambles as the coach that is labelled as one of the best man manager in the game already by the greats like Wenger and Pep.

I feared for tactical side of Arteta and thought he would need to gain a little experience there but so far it has been very positive from him. I wanted Arteta before Emery because I knew he would not be "Safe and Boring" like majority on this forum seems to be craving. It is different vibes over Emirates with Arteta now, he is already on track of uniting the players and the fans and has just been here for few weeks.
Well said bro.

Can't believe anybody wanted a sacked Sp**s manager. Where's the pride?

musoke

Arteta seems to have given everyone a lift. Lets hope it is not the typical New manager syndrome where new managers give everyone a lift in their performces but then it wear off after a few months..
Even the likes of Xhaka, Sockratis, Luiz etc are looking good. While the likes of Özil, Pepe seem to have found some more fight and energy.

Toreira seems to have rediscovered his mojo like in the first half of last season..
Long may it continue :lol:

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Might be the Gelato but I couldn't even understand that drill, man talking about interior squares??

But I'm glad, I want my manager to have tactics that confuses an armchair manager like myself, shows that he's not just some bum basic manager.

Man you got gelato out here? In north London all these bums have nothing but stardog. That **** staaaaank

Latest posts

Top Bottom