• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nathan Ake

Newchange

Bournemouth won’t sell to any club, guarantees relegation and for a club like that it could be the end for them as the championship is the toughest league in Europe.

I know Chelsea have a clause but they are not in need of a CB, not in January anyway with Zouma, Tomori, Rudiger and Christensen.

On the flip side Bournemouth could recoup say 40-50m on Ake and reinvest in goal scorers to keep them in the league. Wilson is on a Barron spell of 13 games no goals, Solanke has been a flop not scored all last year, and Fraser not hit the heights of last season. After all goals win you games. Would be a gamble but I could see them selling at the right price.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Law seems to think that because of Chelsea's buy-back clause, other clubs may be able to get him for around £45 million.

The fact Chelsea can re-sign Ake for £40m means that Bournemouth may be forced to listen to bids of £45m from rival clubs.

How it all might work out in the end, of course, remains to be seen.

Well the other scenario I’ve seen is that Chelsea exercise the clause then sell him onto City for a big profit.

I think in this case Chelsea hold all the cards, and if City really want him then a bidding war will kick in and we’ll get squeezed out. Possible blessing in disguise.

Gunner-Union

Him and saliba would transform us next season and throw in partey or someone similar like dacoure and we would be in the right direction

GDeep™

League is very weak
On the flip side Bournemouth could recoup say 40-50m on Ake and reinvest in goal scorers to keep in the league. Wilson is on a Barron spell of 13 games no goals, Solanke has been a flop not scored all last year, and Fraser not hit the heights of last season. Would be a gamble but I could see them selling at the right price.
I know what you mean, but this rarely happens in January. And anyway, doubt Bournemouth will be investing massive, fee or wages, into any player with relegation looking probable.

Think they’ll look to hold as they are and try to grind out a good home run to save them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Well the other scenario I’ve seen is that Chelsea exercise the clause then sell him onto City for a big profit.

I think in this case Chelsea hold all the cards, and if City really want him then a bidding war will kick in and we’ll get squeezed out. Possible blessing in disguise.

These things get mentioned but I have never seen in happen in the PL.

Plutarch

He's an outstanding defender, he'd be great for us. But I'd say it's most likely he'll end up back at Chelsea.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
From what I’ve read the buyback clause expires before the summer window so it’s now or never for Chelsea. As for Bournemouth I suppose they need to way up the pros and cons of selling him now or risk being relegated and getting a lower fee. They’re already going to lose Fraser for nothing.

Gunner-Union

I know what you mean, but this rarely happens in January. And anyway, doubt Bournemouth will be investing massive, fee or wages, into any player with relegation looking probable.

Think they’ll look to hold as they are and try to grind out a good home run to save them.

Bournemouth injury list makes us look healthy mate, they will be after an am and a forward imo

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s under 5’11 too ffs. The positive is that he’s versatile and could put in a shift in a few positions.

Not sure. 25 soon so not a young puppy.

Gunner-Union

As said he’s under 6 ft but is a very good defender and can play lb and dm and plays both very well. Bournemouth still have a good chance to stay up so they will be reluctant to sell. Maybe dunk ?

GDeep™

League is very weak
As said he’s under 6 ft but is a very good defender and can play lb and dm and plays both very well. Bournemouth still have a good chance to stay up so they will be reluctant to sell. Maybe dunk ?
Dunk is pushing 30, not really a good investment as he won’t be cheap.

Our model is probably centred around splashing on young talent or highlighting someone who is ready to step up.

ArsenalFever

I'm sure Bournemouth would consider bids taking everything into consideration, but seriously I could imagine roughly a 200% premium price, anything over 30m is over the odds imo and could look elsewhere for better value for money.

I get the whole prem experience is ideal scenario, but there are decent defenders in Spain and Italy you could pick up for half the price, I would personally recommend Armando Izzo from Torino for around 30m, ideal for a mid season transfer imo and could add real quality, then maybe in the summer re-evaluate the options.

Gunner-Union

Isn’t dunk 28 and cb seem to carry on longer but I get your point however we will have a young cb prospect in saliba so a good cb with experience might be what we need

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don’t know why this club isn’t identifying talent anymore. Demirel before he joined Juventus, Soyuncu before he went to Leicester etc.

You can sign these guys for 20M. For us signing established performers is pushing the whole of our transfer budget.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I'm sure Bournemouth would consider bids taking everything into consideration, but seriously I could imagine roughly a 200% premium price, anything over 30m is over the odds imo and could look elsewhere for better value for money.

I get the whole prem experience is ideal scenario, but there are decent defenders in Spain and Italy you could pick up for half the price, I would personally recommend Armando Izzo from Torino for around 30m, ideal for a mid season transfer imo and could add real quality, then maybe in the summer re-evaluate the options.

Ake gives you guarantees. He’s familiar with the league, already performing at a high level and doesn’t need time to adjust. Any signing from another league will have an adjustment period.

Top Bottom