• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nathan Ake

Newchange

All these comments about Ake’s height but he’s actually very good in the hair one of his strengths and often pops up with a goal from set peices.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Well the other scenario I’ve seen is that Chelsea exercise the clause then sell him onto City for a big profit.

I think in this case Chelsea hold all the cards, and if City really want him then a bidding war will kick in and we’ll get squeezed out. Possible blessing in disguise.

Definitely it's all up to Chelsea. Personally, I just expect them to exercise their option and keep him.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
All these comments about Ake’s height but he’s actually very good in the hair one of his strengths and often pops up with a goal from set peices.

Excellent hair game

253515.jpg

ArsenalFever

Identifying the right candidate is key when considering a potential transfer from abroad.
Thomas Vermaelen is a good example of a defender who hit the ground running.

Newchange

Definitely it's all up to Chelsea. Personally, I just expect them to exercise their option and keep him.

It’s a strange one. He was at Chelsea offered no game time went out on loan had a really good spell at Bournemouth came back to Chelsea but struggled for game time again then they sold him back to bourenmouth and added a buyback clause. If Ake has anything about him he would reject going back to Chelsea and pursue other interested clubs.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Out of the CBs we have been linked to in Ake, Koulibaly, Upamecano, Rugani and Boateng - Ake is the clear best and stand out CB amongst them.

Newchange

Out of the CBs we have been linked to in Ake, Koulibaly, Upamecano, Rugani and Boateng - Ake is the clear best and stand out CB amongst them.
Koulibaly is the clear best hands down I would even put upamecano slightly ahead of Ake due to the level he is playing with RB

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
It’s a strange one. He was at Chelsea offered no game time went out on loan had a really good spell at Bournemouth came back to Chelsea but struggled for game time again then they sold him back to bourenmouth and added a buyback clause. If Ake has anything about him he would reject going back to Chelsea and pursue other interested clubs.

Beat me too it, if two similar clubs come in one being Chelsea I reckon he could reject them, I actually think Chelsea could be the least favourite to sign him, he's been there before and cast off twice, would he really want to go back?

They are also a project like us, Utd, Tottenham, if Arteta carries on we look interesting.

Gunner-Union

If we d

He def is but the snobbery May mean we won’t go for a player from a lower prem team

say yes

forum master baiter
Over ambitious target, with Chelsea's clause and interest from City.
City will get him if they really want him but I don’t see how Chelsea’s clause affects us that much?

If anything, it will lower Bournemouth’s asking price (to c.£40m) because they’re already bound to accept that fee from another club (if Chelsea use the clause).

Think we’re actually more likely to get Ake if it’s a straight choice between us and Chelsea at £40m, as opposed to us being the only club interested and Bournemouth quoting us £60m.

Reactions: A_G

say yes

forum master baiter
This woulD be a fantastic signing if we could get him for £40m btw. However I agree with @Rex Banter that he’s likely to cost mUch more thaN that, so probably better options on the marKet.

Wryer

Young, proven PL experience, pacy, good distribution. Surely gonna cost more than 40m.

And I would take him over Upa, if we are talking about the same price.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I'd rather go for Dunk if Chelsea are gonna complicate things. We dont have time to waste on a transfer saga.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Don’t know why this club isn’t identifying talent anymore. Demirel before he joined Juventus, Soyuncu before he went to Leicester etc.

You can sign these guys for 20M. For us signing established performers is pushing the whole of our transfer budget.
Didnt we supposedly get a top scout from from Leicester after they won the title?

Top Bottom