• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Wish he had ran more at Shaw. He stopped too often. If he had taken on Shaw more Shaw would have had a meltdown.
Yeah. I want him to receive the ball and then square up the full back much higher up the pitch. Right now he receives the ball a bit too deep, and he's immediately doubled- or tripled-up on. He doesn't seem to have the power to blow past players over longer distances.

Maybe it'll come.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Yeah, I have no idea why United fans feel so threatened by Pepe. It's so weird because they don't have a player to compare him stylistically but there seems to be so much one-sided animosity. Was Pepe linked with them in the summer or something? Did they really think James was a better signing than Pepe? I have no idea what they are smoking in Manchester.
They were desperate for a good right winger all summer with Pepe being one of the players their fans wanted the most. They eventually ended up with the cheap, not as exciting, Daniel James while “installments FC” bought the guy (or the caliber of player) they so much wanted out of nowhere. It’s just pure jealousy lol

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
This thread makes for some good reading.... @Taylor Gang Gunners might have to do a nobody is safe if Pepe continues to play like this.

He does need to work on his fitness though, as does the whole team, but not having a break like most leagues does affect a lot of players coming in from a league that has it.

As others said, feel he'll be our main man once Auba is gone.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I thought Arteta took him off at the right time. He was starting to look tired and hasn't played much. Shame we only had Nelson to bring on!
Agree, he was very good in the first half, was threatening and created some chances. Liked how he combined at the edge of the box to ultimately reach Auba. Could still show more I feel, but hope he continues to get better. His fitness level is quite poor.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
This thread makes for some good reading.... @Taylor Gang Gunners might have to do a nobody is safe if Pepe continues to play like this.

He does need to work on his fitness though, as does the whole team, but not having a break like most leagues does affect a lot of players coming in from a league that has it.

He had the African Cup to deal with in the summer as well which I dont think has helped, he was pretty poor in that tournament which is now pretty telling, think he just needed a rest from it all.

Mentally as well, big move and step up.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
6 goals/ assists across the seven league games his started isn’t too bad, for a player that hasn’t even got going yet.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Arteta is starting to realise that sometimes you can defend in other ways. Not necessarily in need of a wide player working his arse off. Pepe discourages the full back from attacking. Shaw was petrified and wouldn't cross the half way line out of fear. Pepe has a presence that is only going to get stronger.

A lot has been made of his happiness. I think it was the same for when Lacazette came. They were big players in their previous club and struggled to come in with the same aura.

This is the first time we have seen Pepes saluting celebration. Speaks volumes in my opinion.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Pepe made the difference in our attacking play got the goal and the assist (i think) he had a shot agains the post, played the through ball to laca to turn Maguire.

He gives us that X factor, haven't had anyone like him since Sanchez.We need to get him fully fit, integrated and starting ASAP.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Is it worthy of a #nobodyissafe ? Granted he hasn’t performed up to the expected standards but even when he wasn’t playing well his naturally ability just was pouring out of him. It just wouldn’t click for him but when it would it would be magical. Surely everyone could see that? I don’t think I ever worried about him besides maybe a matchday emotional reaction.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Is it worthy of a #nobodyissafe ? Granted he hasn’t performed up to the expected standards but even when he wasn’t playing well his naturally ability just was pouring out of him. It just wouldn’t click for him but when it would it would be magical. Surely everyone could see that? I don’t think I ever worried about him besides maybe a matchday emotional reaction.

Well, we do have plenty of agenda merchants around, but outside of the obvious trolls, a lot of people were willing to write him off.

I think that our current season form played into that by a good margin, because people (understandingly) wanted him to contribute more due to his price tag and the expectation that comes with it. Plus, people were never going to be patient with him given the circumstances surrounding the club.

He's by no way, shape or form out of the woods, but you can see he's a special player.

Pires took a season to explode, let's hope Pepe is the same. Hopefully Arteta (and the player himself) have bought him enough time.

Manberg

Predator
I think Arteta is starting to realise that sometimes you can defend in other ways. Not necessarily in need of a wide player working his arse off. Pepe discourages the full back from attacking. Shaw was petrified and wouldn't cross the half way line out of fear. Pepe has a presence that is only going to get stronger.

A lot has been made of his happiness. I think it was the same for when Lacazette came. They were big players in their previous club and struggled to come in with the same aura.

This is the first time we have seen Pepes saluting celebration. Speaks volumes in my opinion.

Not sure I agree. Against Utd, Pepe was pressing hard and in unit with his teammates in those triangles, he was working hard off the ball. Granted there's still a lot of improvement to be made but it's clear Arteta has been slowly coaching him. Arteta demands this intensive off the ball work from everybody in the team, including Pepe.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Well, we do have plenty of agenda merchants around, but outside of the obvious trolls, a lot of people were willing to write him off.

I think that our current season form played into that by a good margin, because people (understandingly) wanted him to contribute more due to his price tag and the expectation that comes with it. Plus, people were never going to be patient with him given the circumstances surrounding the club.

He's by no way, shape or form out of the woods, but you can see he's a special player.

Pires took a season to explode, let's hope Pepe is the same. Hopefully Arteta (and the player himself) have bought him enough time.
I love him man he has that dancing dribbling style and no fear! Haven’t had a winger like that in so long, he is gonna be a crowd favorite

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
They were desperate for a good right winger all summer with Pepe being one of the players their fans wanted the most. They eventually ended up with the cheap, not as exciting, Daniel James while “installments FC” bought the guy (or the caliber of player) they so much wanted out of nowhere. It’s just pure jealousy lol

Tbf James looks like a great prospect but he's one for the future and very young, not really sure ManUre needed more potential.

In isolation, both the Pepe and James deals were good deals for us and them, but they really needed some star quality to replace Lukaku and haven't really done that since he left, especially when you consider how hard Sanchez has flopped.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

One of the most gifted players I've ever seen.
We are going to have one hell of a player under Arteta - you just love to watch him.

:lol::lol::lol: FFS why do people do this.

You can say Pepe is a good player and an asset to us without making statements like this. Its the sort of thing that ends up in an "Arsenal fans are deluded idiots" thread on other forums.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Pepe made the difference in our attacking play got the goal and the assist (i think) he had a shot agains the post, played the through ball to laca to turn Maguire.

He gives us that X factor, haven't had anyone like him since Sanchez.We need to get him fully fit, integrated and starting ASAP.

No it was Laca's header that De Gay saved, rebounded to our Greek philosopher who smashed it home. I think its Laca's assist as he was the previous Arsenal player to touch it before a GKs save.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

I mean these are clips from a young player in a new tougher league playing for a team going through it's worst season in like 20 years.

So so exited to see what's to come.
is 24 young now? cmon.

Not worth the 85 mil yet. He's starting to look better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom