• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
:lol::lol::lol: FFS why do people do this.

You can say Pepe is a good player and an asset to us without making statements like this. Its the sort of thing that ends up in an "Arsenal fans are deluded idiots" thread on other forums.

What did I say exactly that isn' true ?
I've said he's one of the most talented players I've ever seen - that is not a prediction, but what you see just now.

There was no claim about him being the second coming of Henry, nobody knows that just now. But he's obviously got all the tools to become a worldclass striker here. Hardly anything bold or irrational :lol:

Why would I care about other team's fans anyways ? Most people I've seen from other clubs are something else in stupidity.

My claim is actually pretty rational.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I've said he's one of the most talented players I've ever seen - that is not a prediction, but what you see just now.

There was no claim about him being the second coming of Henry, nobody knows that just now. But he's obviously got all the tools to become a worldclass striker here. Hardly anything bold or irrational :lol:

Why would I care about other team's fans anyways ? Most people I've seen from other clubs are something else in stupidity.

Ok fine, let's get into it then.

What is the standard for being "one of the most gifted players you've ever seen". Is it in the top 10? 20? 50?

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade

These three sentences just don't go with each other

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

One of the most gifted players I've ever seen.
We are going to have one hell of a player under Arteta - you just love to watch him.

The way he goes past players as if they not even there. Not just some random bums too but some of the best in the league. The way he toyed with Robertson and Van Dijk in the Liverpool game was unbelievable.

He still needs to work on a few things and I still think we won't see the best of him till next season, but boy you can't help get super excited what this guy can do for us.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

One of the things that haven't been talked enough about is how good his set pieces delivery is. The corner we scored from against Man U was mainly due to his excellent delivery. I have read Man U fans scold their defence and De Gea, but much of it is caused by the high speed and flat trajectory of the ball as Laca flicks it on. That isn't that easy to deal with.

It's a big adjustment for the young man. Hopefully Arteta can guide him over the next couple of years and if he stays injury free we will have a star on our hands I am sure.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
16-22 is young. At 24 you are middle of the pack. 28+ is older. at 34-35 you are a dinosaur.
You say 28+ is older but thats when players are at their best. 24 is young as a player usually hasnt hit there golden years yet and will continue improving. If they become world class in the near future you get a world class player for half a decade.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
You say 28+ is older but thats when players are at their best. 24 is young as a player usually hasnt hit there golden years yet and will continue improving. If they become world class in the near future you get a world class player for half a decade.
Most player are older when they play at their best. Noone knows when a player is in their golden years, Are they young untill they start declining from their current form?

Are they young from 16-26? I mean thats most of their footballing life.

You can be younger than 30 and still not be young.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

One of the most exciting players we’ve had in a while tbh. Really has that random factor to him where he could have a bad game or pull off something sick and change the game around.

He’s essentially won us 3 games now which is a slow return admittedly but atleast he gives glimpses to show what he’s capable of to somewhat keep the wolves at bay.

I hope he settles in.

TheIceman85

Anyone else get a Kel from Kenan and Kel vibe from Pepe?

images

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

16-22 is young. At 24 you are middle of the pack. 28+ is older. at 34-35 you are a dinosaur.
You call 16-22 young, I think that’s a bit ridiculous as most players don’t even play regular first team football until they’re 20.

Anyway there’s no point in arguing over arbitrary stuff like this.

My point is that he’s a good 3 years away from his peak, which means there is more to come from him.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Biesla rates the talent.

Arsenal were right to smash their transfer record to sign Nicolas Pepe, insists Marcelo Bielsa

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/04/arse...as-pepe-marcelo-bielsa-leeds-united-12000973/

Pepe is a great player with big resources and is a goalscorer,’ said the Argentine ahead of a possible reunion with his former player with Leeds set to face Arsenal in the FA Cup at the Emirates on Monday evening. ‘And he’s a player who is able to unbalance a match. Obvious skills, then you have all of these skills in one player, the value is £72m. It’s just a matter of time and after show those skills.

‘He has showed them clearly and after the price has linked what he has shown on the pitch. ‘One thing is to have the skills, another is to have the skills and show it on the pitch. ‘He does both. He has clearly shown his skills and is at club he deserves to be.’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom