• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nathan Ake

StefanB

Can’t see it.

This guy seems destined to head back to Chelsea. He’s decent, though at 5’11 his height isn’t ideal for a centre-back in the PL.

Kolo was 5'10 and he did alright.

Not saying Ake would be ideal in any way, but you don't really notice his height disadvantage. Playing next to say someone like Saliba who's 6'4 would also help.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Height thing is a non starter for me because he’s good in the air, a unit and he’s pretty quick.

He’s not Van Dijk as he can still make errors and isn’t overly great on the ball but I’d be happy with him if we got him for around 40M.

Homegrown as well which is a massive plus.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Cant find fault in this link at all. Left sided, good age, adapted and so much better than Upamecano. I'd like Zagadou though.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Being PL proven is more important than anything these days.

A lot of less glamorous signings from mid table clubs like your Mane’s and Robertson seem to turn out better than your more fancy foreign imports.

I don’t know Upemacano’s game at all but I find the bundesliga unimpressive, somebody like Ake immediately has a good chance of being a more successful signing.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not sure we have the clout for this transfer anyway.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

A lot of less glamorous signings from mid table clubs like your Mane’s and Robertson seem to turn out better than your more fancy foreign imports.

I don’t know Upemacano’s game at all but I find the bundesliga unimpressive, somebody like Ake immediately has a very good chance of being a more successful signing.
When's the last time we bought a PL proven defender?

EDIT: I meant before Luiz of course. Should've mentioned. However I also didn't mean a veteran player that was discarded by his club, but an actual proper defender in the prime of his career.

Last edited:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Silvestre :lol:

And well David Luiz this past summer of course.
Silvestre. How could I forget.

However both him and Luiz were kinda rejects from our competitors.

Ake would be a signing that showed ambition. However I don't think he's special enough to flunk 60+ for.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Don't think he is a bad player by any means, but whenever i have seen him i have not understood why he is so hyped. What makes him a 50m player?

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

I don’t know Upemacano’s game at all but I find the bundesliga unimpressive, somebody like Ake immediately has a good chance of being a more successful signing.
But I can tell you, if you bring Koulibaly to PL he would do it great.

I am not the best analyst with CB because I don’t know much about movement or defending as CB. I have only played as midfielder or attacker. But when I see Napoli, he always do great at defending.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool have made these signings look very attractive over the past few years. Would he choose us over a Chelsea return though?

Keplaz

Liverpool have made these signings look very attractive over the past few years. Would he choose us over a Chelsea return though?
They have Rudiger, Christensen, Zouma and Tomori. We have Luiz, Sokratis, Holding, Chambers and Mustafi. I know where I'd think I have a better chance to start...

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
When's the last time we bought a PL proven defender?

EDIT: I meant before Luiz of course. Should've mentioned. However I also didn't mean a veteran player that was discarded by his club, but an actual proper defender in the prime of his career.

Haven’t had the best of luck signing defenders within the league in PL era.

Luiz
Chambers
Silvestre
Gallas
Campbell

Would love Ake though.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom