• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 121,264
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
what seemed like a marriage of convenience on both sides when he came here seems to be turning into a genuine love affair

which is great

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Always liked him and have thought he’s not the clown everyone thinks he is.

Think my judgement is clouded by his distribution but I’ve never thought he’s as bad as is made out to be.

I mean he’s still a clown in the sense that he can be hilarious.

tenor.gif

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Always liked him and have thought he’s not the clown everyone thinks he is.

Think my judgement is clouded by his distribution but I’ve never thought he’s as bad as is made out to be.

He still is clownish, but Emery's tactics did get the worst out of him.

I'll admit that me being Brazilian and the 7-1 thing does cloud my opinion of him and will do so for the rest of his career.

BUT having said that, fair play as he's been immense the last couple of games, but you can't just trust him to play like that for longer periods of time.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Don't rate him as a CB, but he did very well in the last two matches. He does really flourish in a positive 'warrior' atmosphere where everyone is fighting for the ball. Brings the best out of him. Hope he can continue the good form. Definitely needs a killer CB alongside him who can focus on 1on1's with the striker though, he's always suspect in those situations (tracking back, giving way too much time and space).

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He’s finally given us his annual Lucio performance :lol:.

One thing about David Luiz, he was always capable of having colossal performances for no apparent reason. Last season in the Europa League final he was unbelievable for Chelski.

He’s been fantastic for two games now. He was a real vocal presence against Man Utd which was nice to see. With Chambers’ injury and Holding still finding fitness, we need him and Sokratis to step up.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s a clown let’s be honest, and this is why this season will continue to be horrible. Next game he’ll switch off or do something rash and we’ll concede, that’s Luiz.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He’s a clown let’s be honest, and this is why this season will continue to be horrible. Next game he’ll switch off or do something rash and we’ll concede, that’s Luiz.

That's Luiz in periods. He also can play outstandingly good for long periods. Let's see what happens, seem to click with Arteters so im hopeful

GDeep™

League is very weak
That's Luiz in periods. He also can play outstandingly good for long periods. Let's see what happens, seem to click with Arteters so im hopeful
He’s quality when playing well. Think he’s a decent character too, could thrive with that aspect under Arteta. You feel under that bum Unai all these guys mentally and physically downed tools.

UpTheGunnerz

Brandi Lov....Branding David Luiz a clown seems like a lazy narrative to me. Solid career for splendid teams, with seasons where he has been one of the best in the world (16/17 under Conte i.e). Sure, he makes his mistakes but imo in that regard he is not so much difference from other good defenders. Everyone slips up. Excited how he will continue to look under Mikel.

UpTheGunnerz

He’s quality when playing well. Think he’s a decent character too, could thrive with that aspect under Arteta. You feel under that bum Unai all these guys mentally and physically downed tools.

Yeah, under Emery everyone including himself was deprived of confidence. Wrong fit, i was wrong to hold on hope for such a long time. A massive L, if you will.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
Watched a behind-the-scenes video of the Man Utd game.

In the tunnel before the game he was pulling players aside and giving them instructions. There was a moment where he was really in deep conversation with Torreira and AMN.

Seems like a real leader in the squad and he's only been here a few months.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Better ball retention and a functioning midfield means he'll be asked to do less as a CB, but those moments of stupidity wont disappear like magic; he's done it everywhere he's been. Just as case of making more use of what he's good at. He was always an excellent footballer, so there will always be great assists and goals. If you go overboard on him you'll only be disappointed. You have to love how he speaks though. He's probably very influential in the dressing room.

Kysus

Luiz has an aura of calmness and confidence around him(like van dijk) and in the right structured and organized environment he is top-class.

Only in a "headless chicken" team without clear instructions(emery) he is subpar as his decision making drops off when there are too many variables leaving him either overcommiting or dropping off in the wrong moments.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

but those moments of stupidity wont disappear like magic; he's done it everywhere he's been.
They’ve been increasingly rare in recent years and virtually disappeared entirely in his final two Chelsea seasons.

Don’t think he’ll be a problem if we dominate games like we should. He’s good enough for a team trying to finish top 4.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

His ability to play vertical passes through the lines will prove invaluable to the game Arteta wants to play. Enhance his strenghts, cover his weaknesses and we have a quality centreback.
Does this apply to Mus.... nvm.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Brandi Lov....Branding David Luiz a clown seems like a lazy narrative to me. Solid career for splendid teams, with seasons where he has been one of the best in the world (16/17 under Conte i.e). Sure, he makes his mistakes but imo in that regard he is not so much difference from other good defenders. Everyone slips up. Excited how he will continue to look under Mikel.
Why does that seem familiar?:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom