• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

This is just you servicing your 'rubbish window lol' agenda again, though. Can't even be arsed to list all the players, from young to experienced, who have shown big capabilities in both a terrible environment under Emery, and now a much better one. You'll never convince anyone it was crap, because it obviously wasn't. You're just taking opportunities to tell people the moon is made of cheese whenever they arise. It's a waste of time :lol:

Being on a football forum is a waste of time?

WAIT WHAT???

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
There's not one player I had a problem with signing or letting go.
I had a problem with Luiz, but when I heard it was for £8m, I thought, **** it, bring him in. He can offer something somewhere for that. Ive kicked the **** out of him since for some of his defending, as we all have, but I've always maintained he's an excellent footballer. The rest speak for themselves.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I had a problem with Luiz, but when I heard it was for £8m, I thought, **** it, bring him in. He can offer something somewhere for that. Ive kicked the **** out of him since for some of his defending, as we all have, but I've always maintained he's an excellent footballer. The rest speak for themselves.

He was a quick fix when Kos wanted out, we tried Upamecano but couldn't do it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's never going to reach Klopp levels of impact with this squad. We need to be smarter in the transfer market, and we've got to find a way of reducing the number of injuries, or at least have more cover.
Klopp immediately (correct me if I'm wrong) turned Liverpool into a team who could beat anybody on their day.

Their initial struggle was lack of consistency as the base level of their squad was relatively poor meaning they would often drop points in games that a top team should win relatively easily.

We need to get to the stage where we can beat anybody on our day first before we start talking about transfers and stuff. Because right now I don't see us beating a team like Liverpool, even if we played a blinder.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Klopp immediately (correct me if I'm wrong) turned Liverpool into a team who could beat anybody on their day.

Their initial struggle was lack of consistency as the base level of their squad was relatively poor meaning they would often drop points in games that a top team should win relatively easily.

We need to get to the stage where we can beat anybody on our day first before we start talking about transfers and stuff. Because right now I don't see us beating a team like Liverpool, even if we played a blinder.
Not sure how you come that conclusion. They were inconsistent until they got VVD, Alisson and Fabinho. Then when the remaining holes were plugged they had a defence to match the attack.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Yeah. Arteta's job is bigger and we shouldn't rest on this United win. That's one very small step in the right direction. Not that our squad is terrible, but finding the right balance is gonna take some time, especially when we consider switch from an old-ish team to a pretty young one. We're gonna have to sign some players close to peak age IMO (24-27) to flesh this out, and give Arteta more tools to lay his foundation.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not sure how you come that conclusion. They were inconsistent until they got VVD, Alisson and Fabinho. Then when the remaining holes were plugged they had a defence to match the attack.
You clearly didn't read my post, or failed to understand what I meant.

Liverpool had a season or two (think Coutinho era) where they could go toe to toe with the best of them during the big games. Klopp had that ability where if you bought into his game plan 100% then you could beat anybody.

That's a sign of a good manager and a system that works when everyone fully buys in. But ofc footballers are humans and Klopp wasn't able to extract that sort of fire from his players for a game like Bournemouth away and those are the kind of games they routinely dropped points in. But you could see from their big game performances that they did not have a ceiling.

My point being, Arteta has shown that he may have that same ceiling but I'd like to be sure of that before we start talking about smart recruitment.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You clearly didn't read my post, or failed to understand what I meant.

Liverpool had a season or two (think Coutinho era) where they could go toe to toe with the best of them during the big games. Klopp had that ability where if you bought into his game plan 100% then you could beat anybody.

That's a sign of a good manager and a system that works when everyone fully buys in. But ofc footballers are humans and Klopp wasn't able to extract that sort of fire from his players for a game like Bournemouth away and those are the kind of games they routinely dropped points in. But you could see from their big game performances that they did not have a ceiling.

My point being, Arteta has shown that he may have that same ceiling but I'd like to be sure of that before we start talking about smart recruitment.
Before they bought those three, they lost 5-0 to City, 4-1 to Sp**s, 2-1 to United, 1-0 to Chelsea. 38 goals against them. The following season they only conceded 22 and came 2nd with over 90 points. Their defence was much much better and so was their consistency.

Arteta can improve this squad for sure. But to do stuff like Klopp he'll need a lot of help in the transfer market with some smart dealing.

nick gould

Good test for Arteta this against one of the most respected football managers. Let's see what he comes up with at half time. So far he is scratching his head. They play like they have an extra player on the pitch.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Leeds going long now?

Are they tired perhaps...

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

I don't think this is true. Maybe the only evidence of that is their win against Man City (3-0) 5 months after he joined. But there were plenty enough losses and draws to say they weren't anything special at the time.

I remember the saying against them was to weather the storm for the first 20 minutes and then it was smooth sailing.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom