• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merih Demiral

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Not sure what he is like these days, but Juve fans seem not exactly keen on him anymore (But hey, Monaco fans hated Youri, so...)
Yeah, Youri was a head scratcher for sure. I remember when he appeared against us in the CL with Anderlecht at like 16 and the quality was apparent.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I really don’t see Juve selling him now. He’s starting ahead of De Light, as someone already mentioned.

De Ligt is injured, but there is pretty much zero chance they sell Demiral. Apparently we are looking at someone at Juve, such that a bid has gone in. No idea who, but probably Rugani.

Goonger

De Ligt is injured, but there is pretty much zero chance they sell Demiral. Apparently we are looking at someone at Juve, such that a bid has gone in. No idea who, but probably Rugani.

De Ligt has ben on the bench the past couple of games, Demiral is starting ahead of him legit just now. If anyone is leaving now it's Rugani unless someone bids silly money for Demiral.

De Ligt has ben on the bench the past couple of games, Demiral is starting ahead of him legit just now. If anyone is leaving now it's Rugani unless someone bids silly money for Demiral.

Ah, thought I read De Ligt was not quite back yet, but fair play. Also agree that Demiral is going nowhere, unlike Rugani.

Goonger

Ah, thought I read De Ligt was not quite back yet, but fair play. Also agree that Demiral is going nowhere, unlike Rugani.

Would be really interesting to see how Rugani would get on in our league. He was highly rated when he joined Juve, we've been linked with him from way back, even a good couple of years before Wenger left. Juve fans dont think he's kicked on as suspected mind you, & wouldn't miss him if he left.

To be fair to the lad mind you, their level of defender they are used to is certainly higher than what we've been used to at Arsenal. Leicester might prove to be a good fit for him, like Soyuncu, it might be one of those one's where we regret not taking a chance on him.

Would be really interesting to see how Rugani would get on in our league. He was highly rated when he joined Juve, we've been linked with him from way back, even a good couple of years before Wenger left. Juve fans dont think he's kicked on as suspected mind you, & wouldn't miss him if he left.

To be fair to the lad mind you, their level of defender they are used to is certainly higher than what we've been used to at Arsenal. Leicester might prove to be a good fit for him, like Soyuncu, it might be one of those one's where we regret not taking a chance on him.

Guessing Rugani will be going somewhere this window, not sure where.
People on foxestalk moan about him due to what the what the Juve fans say, but you could argue the same about Tielemans and the Monaco fans.

Every transfer is a punt to some degree, as we are two CBs down, I hope we give him a go.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Juventus fans not rating Rugani is a massive red flag. Not comparable to Youri either I think, one is a 21 year old midfielder still in the development phase of his career while the other is 25/26 year old CB who should be in his peak.

Demiral thread should be locked anyway, nothing to see here.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Saw Juve's last game against Calligari (I believe), Demiral looked very good.
Its only one game and it was relatively easy for Juve but he looks like a solid player.

Vantastico

Not a bad player at all, actually. I'd say bring him in tomorrow.

Reckon we could sign him with a cheeky top-quality bid, of let's say £6.5m + special bonuses up to around~750k if he plays at least 90 matches for 3 teams this season and we qualify for the World Cup for clubs within a 120 day-period of announcing him on our club's official Instagram account.

If for whatever strange reason that doesn't work, I want Beckenbauer to come out of retirement and help out our defense. Reckon he would do it too if we offered good enough wages and decent working conditions for him and all of his family members.

Our last resort option, but I really do hope it doesn't have to come to this: we could try and sign either one of Militao or Varane from Real (but not both because they have very high wages and that completely rules out Beckenbauer's singing altogether). That way, we can offer Varane/Militao on loan to Almería for Ivan Martos dude who I just looked up and it turns out he plays in defense for them.

PS. Win-win strategies only if I were in charge fam. No more buffoonery by some random Spanish guy like John Obi Arteta/Raul Meireles or whoever runs this club nowaways.

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus

Reckon we could sign him with a cheeky top-quality bid, of let's say £6.5m + special bonuses up to around~750k if he plays at least 90 matches for 3 teams this season and we qualify for the World Cup for clubs within a 120 day-period of announcing him on our club's official Instagram account.

If for whatever strange reason that doesn't work, I want Beckenbauer to come out of retirement and help out our defense. Reckon he would do it too if we offered good enough wages and decent working conditions for him and all of his family members.

Our last resort option, but I really do hope it doesn't have to come to this: we could try and sign either one of Militao or Varane from Real (but not both because they have very high wages and that completely rules out Beckenbauer's singing altogether). That way, we can offer Varane/Militao on loan to Almería for Ivan Martos dude who I just looked up and it turns out he plays in defense for them.

PS. Win-win strategies only if I were in charge fam. No more buffoonery by some random Spanish guy like John Obi Arteta/Raul Meireles or whoever runs this club nowaways.

You're trying too hard, bro.

LG10

Guy is an old school defender that just loves defending. Absolutely rapid as well, shoulda went for him when he was in turkey. Not good on the ball but his defending makes up for it.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Guy is an old school defender that just loves defending. Absolutely rapid as well, shoulda went for him when he was in turkey. Not good on the ball but his defending makes up for it.
if he's not good on the ball then I would pass on him, we are clearly trying to implement a similar system to what Pep has at city and for that we need CB that are comfortable on the ball.
They dont have to be amazing at it but they must be able to hold onto the ball and pass under pressure.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed

giphy.gif

Preacher

Always Crying

Juventus have confirmed that Merih Demiral suffered a serious anterior cruciate ligament injury against Roma on Sunday

Tough break for him, but we can lock this for now.

Reactions: A_G
Top Bottom