• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup: Third Round| Arsenal vs Leeds United | Monday 6th January | KO: 19:56 | BBC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symbia

How bad were we in the first half? Missed the game and only watched highlights. It didn't look like Leeds had that many really good chances in the first half besides when they hit the cross bar. We also had some decent half chances. Second half we had quite a few plus the goal.
First half was terrible, so terrible that I was ashame of their show of horror.

Leeds basically pressed them to stand still and whenever they want to press Leeds, 3 Leeds players will run rings around them till our players either commit foul or the conceed a shot. Many misplaced passes and lost of possession in dangerous. If Leeds is half decent in front of goal we'll be done in the first half.

Second half improved with flashes of brilliance from Pepe and Nelson, Nelli later came in and gave them something to think about.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
After todays game i am convinced that Torreira (as a pure DM) is our most important player.

The two halves were such a contrast, I think it clearly proves that our issues go beyond personnel and tactics.

A more clinical team than Leeds would’ve obliterated us though. Holding was brutal.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Anyone else find it annoying how our wide players slow down so early looking to cut inside into crowded areas on their stronger foot when dribbling?

Pepe and Nelson would be so much more effective if they could go both inside and outside.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
How was that Philips guy? Could do with a solid back-up/rotation option with Torreira.

CJJ

Established Member
How was that Philips guy? Could do with a solid back-up/rotation option with Torreira.
Their best player on the pitch without a doubt. MOTM worthy if you look across both teams. Was the prime contributor together with Harrison why they dominated us in the first half. Lots of tackles and decisive passes.
Did obviously fade together with the rest of their team in the 2nd half, but overall he was quality.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Anyone else find it annoying how our wide players slow down so early looking to cut inside into crowded areas on their stronger foot when dribbling?

Pepe and Nelson would be so much more effective if they could go both inside and outside.
We still lack that truly explosive winger.

teamsoutheast

Leeds are a hard working industrial team. They press highly and agressively as most Bielsa teams like to play. They have a very good CB in Ben White and a decent CM in Kalvin Phillips both having good seasons with them. I think they will have a dilemma of who to play upfront as they previously rotated between Bamford and Nketiah. Now that Nketiah has returned would they risk Bamford as he seems their only striker option at the moment. Unless they play the highly rated Jack Clark who signedsfor Tottenham inithe summer or Tyler Roberts. I would like to see Saka Martinelli and Nelson play as our front 3. We may even see Tolaji Bola get a chance at LB. Holding and Mustafi should get an opportunity at CB with a midfield pivot of Guendouzi and Willock. It will be interesting to see if the squad players can replicate the feats of the first team players from a tactical perspective. If Bellerin and Ceballos are fit, they should also Zaplay.

I knew this wouldn't be easy. Leeds are a very good team. I was surprised Arteta went for such a strong team but it paid off in the end. I'm so happy for Reiss. His movement for the goal was very good.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
You’d rather be treated like an idiot than hear the truth? Strange
How often do other teams talk like that in post games? I liked Luiz as a one off but its like confession now.

The fans / media dont need these details so soon. We found out about Wengers teamtalks 15-20 years later in sitdown interviews not an hour later.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

How often do other teams talk like that in post games? I liked Luiz as a one off but its like confession now.

The fans / media dont need these details so soon. We found out about Wengers teamtalks 15-20 years later in sitdown interviews not an hour later.

The players are holding themselves accountable and what they disclosed is hardly sensitive information like an internal player conflict, it's just a manager doing his job by calling out a sub par team attitude for part of a game.

It's not Mourinho-esque where he throws individuals under the bus. That's very different. This about collective integrity and if anything, I think it is positive PR.

Manberg

Predator
The two halves were such a contrast, I think it clearly proves that our issues go beyond personnel and tactics.

A more clinical team than Leeds would’ve obliterated us though. Holding was brutal.

The contrast in the two halves showed that we have many players who think they can just turn up and not work hard to get a result, evidenced by the fact that they needed a grilling at half time.
The hard work factor is everything Arteta has kept going on about in press conferences and as it seems, many players still not listening.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The contrast in the two halves showed that we have many players who think they can just turn up and not work hard to get a result, evidenced by the fact that they needed a grilling at half time.
The hard work factor is everything Arteta has kept going on about in press conferences and as it seems, many players still not listening.

You're right and what I like about it is Arteta seems to be astute at gathering information about characters. It's a big focus of his which I feel his predecessors who were more focused on technical/tactical perfection overlooked.

Early days but I'm encouraged by what I'm seeing and hearing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We have too many soft players it's so clear tactics system won't fix that. Arteta kept same players same system formation at 2nd half but only one thing changed is thier attitude and discipline.

We all learn when things get comfertable at Arsenal these kind of displays are so expected was noticeable since wenger days Arteta have big job to change that.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
When the other team is well up for it and your team's not, you have to slow the game down and kill their momentum. Better than trying to match them, get exhausted and lose every 50-50. Xhaka got this really well and drew fouls. Clever play.

To be fair here, he wasn't the only one. It's clear that Arteta pushes hard for tactial fouling.

I mean I didn't see anyone mention this because we didn't score from them, but we had like 4? free kicks from deadly positions in that second half.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Actually wrote a quick complaint to the BBC about how ****e Danny Murphy is in the slight hope it makes him less likely to commentate on one of our games again.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
To be fair here, he wasn't the only one. It's clear that Arteta pushes hard for tactial fouling.

I mean I didn't see anyone mention this because we didn't score from them, but we had like 4? free kicks from deadly positions in that second half.
Arteta was a master of tactical fouling when he played DM for us so it is not surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom