• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | Saturday 11th January | KO: 12:30pm | BT Sport

Result?

• Crystal Palace Win

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 59 76.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I'd really like to see Martinelli start, but there's no rush I guess.

Laca is quietly picking up form but I do think that Martinelli Auba Pepe is our most direct attack and we should use it in tough away fixtures.
Completely disagree, Think Laca is at his best in tough away games due to his good work rate and ability/willingness to press from the front under Arteta.

Play any two of Pepe/Marty/Auba with him and you have a good front 3 for tough away games.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Completely disagree, Think Laca is at his best in tough away games due to his good work rate and ability/willingness to press from the front under Arteta.

Play any two of Pepe/Marty/Auba with him and you have a good front 3 for tough away games.
Laca has a history of going missing in some away games.

Also, we get more space to run into and his lack of pace can slow an attack down.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Laca has a history of going missing in some away games.

Also, we get more space to run into and his lack of pace can slow an attack down.

I really am not the biggest fan of Laca but I think he's doing enough right now to have earned that position. Agreed on his lack of pace, I guess if you want a pure counter attack set up then Martinelli/Auba/Pepe are all quicker and you'd want them all in the setup.

I guess I'd see it as a hybrid press/counter attack and I think Laca has a strong case based on current form/style to play.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I really am not the biggest fan of Laca but I think he's doing enough right now to have earned that position. Agreed on his lack of pace, I guess if you want a pure counter attack set up then Martinelli/Auba/Pepe are all quicker and you'd want them all in the setup.

I guess I'd see it as a hybrid press/counter attack and I think Laca has a strong case based on current form/style to play.
I really dont mind too much about if he plays or not tbh. I do see the positives in his game. But the Marti/Auba/Pepe front 3 just excites me for how direct and tricky it would be for the oppnent.

m-due

We are going from strength to strength. Bring it on Eagles.

Last edited:

Tomb Bombadil

They're without Townsend, Schlupp, Milivojevic, van Aanholt, Sakho, Dann, Ward, Benteke and Zaha, Camarasa Meyer and Riedewald are a doubt. So we should really beat this Palace because they're either missing their core players or they're not 100% fit.

I want to see a good display and a clear victory. Last time we had a clear victory in the league was almost a year ago against Bournemouth where we won 5-1. Since then no win with a +3 goal difference. Under Emery we just won three times with a +3 goal difference (Bournemouth + 2x Fullham).

But I will also take a 1-0 win :D

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I mean, from what I've seen of Laca lately, he's badly struggling with his balance, tripping over his feet and lacks the acceleration or strength to out-muscle or outpace some very average defenders. I was very surprised to see him get Motm last night.

He comes alive when there's space for him to peel into but he needs others to make room for him. I think he'd have been a perfect foil for someone like Giroud but he's not a lead-the line striker at all for me.

What he does have going for him is he is adept at dropping deep and linking up with the widemen.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If Zaha is out from this game i really think we'll win this one easily without Zaha they are so poor they can't attack even tho with Arsenal we can make a guy like Wickham score a hattrick. one of Martinelli or Nelson will have to take place of Laca here and play Auba upfront we not in position to waste too many chances Laca away from home is poor.

Leno
AMN Sok Luiz Kola
Torreira Xhaka
Pepe Özil Martinelli
Auba

Yep that would be my team too!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...our very useless scout, with a very useful goal in 1998!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

But play 3 out of 3 and you have a quicker attack. Last night the commentator said at one point that Laca was struggling to get up the pitch, its because he is slow! Those 3 all have pace so when we break one doesn't get left behind. We need our CF to be scoring goals, both Auba & Martinelli are good finishers, we need to play them both and Pepe has to play if we want him to improve.

Wagwaan

I think AMN keeps his place, has form and Bellerin needs to be eased in and get some minutes in before starting.

Would go for the same squad as the Utd game.
Laca needs a goal but his work rate and hold up play is far superior to Aubas and gives us a different dimension.

Would like to see Hector, Gabriel & Ceballos come on and get some minutes under their belt.

Going for a comprehensive win. 4-0. Auba 2, Laca & Pepe.

Pepes blue pill

A win here would be great not only because its away against a team we often struggle against but because afterwards is the first time the player will have had a rest for a while and the first time Arteta has a full week between games to go over things on the training pitch

Come on the Arsenal :Celebration::Celebration::Celebration:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Lately we preformed decent away from home Sheffield was last game we lost i guess. Against Norwich Westham Everton and Bourmemouth all we preformed very well. Unlucky not to win against Bournemouth too.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Kinda hate Palace, not gonna lie...from Simon Jordan to their players/fans, they all just kinda annoy me...like Roy though, would love a win here!

Expecting all their injuries to miraculously heal by Saturday tbf...

Reactions: A_G

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Crystal palace definitely won't have Benteke Townsend Schlupp Ward Sahko Dunn and Van Anholt. Mayer Riedewald Camarasa Zaha all likely to be fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom