• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
@Makingtrax @EmeryCouldnt

Top 6 mini-league from Klopp's season. That's what I mean by showing that their ceiling was high.

Season 16/17 :

1. Liverpool (5/5/0 - 20 points) (7) (4th)

2. Chelsea (5/1/4 - 16 points) (2) (1st)

3. Tottenham (4/3/4 - 15 points) (3) (2nd)

4. Man City (2/4/4 - 10 points) (-4) (3rd)

5. Man Utd (2/4/4 - 10 points) (-5) (6th)

6. Arsenal (2/3/5 - 9 points) (-3) (5th)
Yeah, they did better than I thought, but I'm still not sure what your point is. Klopp is an excellent manager but he still lacked consistency until he got his squad fixed, particularly in defence. Then he moved up a level.

My point is that Arteta will be the same. He can only get so far with this squad however good he is. To move up to be title contenders will will need some smarter buying, like Liverpool have done.

Not sure what's contentious about that.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Exactly. I think we (and Arteta) needs more games to say he is tactically creative or not.

But at the very least, it's very clear he has ability to get into the heads of the players. That is an incredibly difficult skill. You can't teach or learn that. That's what im really pleased with so far.
Spot on. Second half he was forcing that back line to squeeze the midfield, by constant gesticulating and encouragement. And it paid off.

If the manager sees a problem and fixes it, it's a big step in the right direction.

That was a hard game and we won.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
My main concern is that we back Arteta in the off season, I know its early doors but he is showing a level of quality that we can really invest in.

If all goes well, this could be the decade where we re-establish ourselves as an elite side again.

To quote our sister @Rimaal..... fingers crossed.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Nah nah, A-M told me Arteta was gonna be a yes man, a push over, someone who couldn't get the players to respect him.

Only like 2 people on AM said anything negative about Arteta otherwise it's been a constant arse licking fest here.

My main concern is that we back Arteta in the off season, I know its early doors but he is showing a level of quality that we can really invest in.

If all goes well, this could be the decade where we re-establish ourselves as an elite side again.

To quote our sister @Rimaal..... fingers crossed.

Seriously? After a 1-0 win against a Championship side?

BigPoppaPump

Learn about football my man, it would be in your interest to do so.

I'm trying to learn but I think you're counting your chickens way before they hatch. I'm seeing a lot of excitment but it's been a couple decent results, we still only play well for one half even under Arteta.

He's got a lot to fix and a lot of work to do, you're predicting us to be an elite side again based on blind optimism. It's a bit childish tbh, you come across as a simpleton.

BigPoppaPump

AM told me that Arteta is already a Top 3 manager in the world.

Remember when they got gassed over Don Raul and he was gonna be the one to save the world, just to turn on him a few months later. Arsenal fans get way too excited then turn crazy when things don't go how they want, better to just be patient and wait rather than kneejerk reactions.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I thought we dominated the entire second half tbh.
First half was just atrocious but I feel it was players underestimating how hard working and technically gifted Leeds are.
In the second half, we showed our quality and dominated them technically.

We did, that's why I said the first half was poor and that Arteta's talk turned the game around!

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Exactly. I think we (and Arteta) needs more games to say he is tactically creative or not.

But at the very least, it's very clear he has ability to get into the heads of the players. That is an incredibly difficult skill. You can't teach or learn that. That's what im really pleased with so far.
Emery just got on their tits

Wagwaan

Mikels energy is encouraging. I've been impressed with what I've seen from him.

In the Chelsea & Man Utd game I liked the play he played AMN as an inverted RB. It played to his strengths and gave the likes of Pepe and Nelson the chance to hold their width.
With Kolasinac and Saka still playing as a wider fullback on the other side.

The Leeds game was the first time the team has underperformed in the first half. He got the reaction we needed. Inspirational. Didn't throw his gameplan out the window, stuck to his guns and just reiterated his plan and the levels needed. The same set of players looked a world better.

All the signs of a great man manager and also showing tactical nous.

Wryer

Good signs, but the real acid test is when we have Arteta's first run of bad and/or unlucky results. Emery never recovered from his first real crisis. He got deeper and deeper into the abyss and couldn't get out of the rut.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I see. I was focused on 2015/2016 since you mentioned "immediate impact". Looks like he definitely had them rolling in 16/17 though, I'll give you that.
Oh fair enough, I should have specified his first full season, I've edited it now to state that.

Think it's harsh to judge any manager coming in and working with a group of players that wasn't his without a full pre season to even implement his ideas.

That's why I left out his 15/16 season, although I did have a brief look and they were pretty good against the top 6 in that season too.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, they did better than I thought, but I'm still not sure what your point is. Klopp is an excellent manager but he still lacked consistency until he got his squad fixed, particularly in defence. Then he moved up a level.

My point is that Arteta will be the same. He can only get so far with this squad however good he is. To move up to be title contenders will will need some smarter buying, like Liverpool have done.

Not sure what's contentious about that.
Yeah I agree with you in that fixing the squad and defence grants that consistency.

My point is that before we say Arteta will be the same, he has to show that ceiling that Klopp did.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I do worry having read the post match comments. It could well be that this group of players simply aren’t good/mentally strong enough.
After the past 12 months of dire/poor results do these players seriously think that they’re good enough just to turn up and win? Its reported that Arteta watched leeds lots and warned them about how tough it was going to be. What do they do? Ignore what the manager tells them and turn up arrogantly expecting to win. Honestly I do fear that no matter the manager and initial impact they may have it wont be long before the team decide to not be up for w game

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I'm trying to learn but I think you're counting your chickens way before they hatch. I'm seeing a lot of excitment but it's been a couple decent results, we still only play well for one half even under Arteta.

He's got a lot to fix and a lot of work to do, you're predicting us to be an elite side again based on blind optimism. It's a bit childish tbh, you come across as a simpleton.

Of course there is a lot to do, I am one of the first people who would say that.

What Im referring to is the nature of the changes made so far. The imprint on the team is clear and our structure, without any reinforcements, is already better. Can you imagine what would happen if there is consistent motivation, building and financial support for the team. This is why I am in such a good space when it comes to the man.

But I take your point as well, lets give it 15 games and chat about this again.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I do worry having read the post match comments. It could well be that this group of players simply aren’t good/mentally strong enough.
After the past 12 months of dire/poor results do these players seriously think that they’re good enough just to turn up and win? Its reported that Arteta watched leeds lots and warned them about how tough it was going to be. What do they do? Ignore what the manager tells them and turn up arrogantly expecting to win. Honestly I do fear that no matter the manager and initial impact they may have it wont be long before the team decide to not be up for w game
That the mentality this club has since moved to Emirates wenger didn't try to change it and Emery too.

Goonger

Last night was the perfect game for Arteta to reflect back on with the players & say to them, there's what happens when you are arrogant, complacent & don't put the effort in, in comparison to showing the level of aggression & intensity expected of you every game.

The next few months should be used by Arteta to see what players want to buy into this, & who would rather try & coast. If you don't buy into it, ship them out.

As much as last nights was a strong team, there's also the fall back that you would imagine at least 4 of the back 5 that played last night won't be first choice next year. Throw in Torreira, & perhaps Aubameyang, that gives you over half a team of changes without any transfers.

Top Bottom