• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jerome Boateng

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Last I heard, a 12M fee was mentioned. You would think Boateng on a multiple year contract alongside Luiz, Sokratis, Holding, Saliba etc prevents new CB.

I’m not even factoring in Mustafi and Chambers.

I've seen a number of figures thrown around, including a free transfer if Arsenal just takes his wages off Bayern's books. In any case, if Arsenal isn't going to allow them to run out their contracts, Sokratis and Mustafi will both be moved in the summer. Mavropanos needs to be sent out on loan or sold. So Saliba, Boateng and a new signing could replace Sokratis, Mustafi and Mavropanos. That's three in, three out.

Bloodbather

Established Member

If it's a loan with an option to buy, it's a good move. If we pay 13 mil straight up like it was rumoured, not a good move.

And I don't think Bayern will be open to the idea of loaning him, pointless for them really. I assume the goal is to cash in on him if they can.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Not too happy about this, just see it as a waste of time.

Sokratis, Luiz, Mustafi and Holding is enough for me, if its a 6month loan only then yeah I suppose but I really hope there is no fee involved.

If it is a 6month loan I also worry about Boateng just having a holiday here and be on our treatment table more than the pitch.

Bloodbather

Established Member

If it is a 6month loan I also worry about Boateng just having a holiday here and be on our treatment table more than the pitch.

That's why it has to be -if it has to be- a 6 month loan with the option to buy. Will give Boateng an incentive to play well if he wants to make a permanent move.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
That's why it has to be -if it has to be- a 6 month loan with the option to buy. Will give Boateng an incentive to play well if he wants to make a permanent move.

That's the thing though, does he want a permanent move; I know he's lived here before but he's German living in Germany, I assume he has young kids, a wife etc, is earning close to 200k (he better not get that here) and a contract ending in 2021.

If I was him I wouldn't be moving permanently or even on a 6month loan, I'd sit it out.

If he has the desire to play then ok, loan it is but still only 6months for me, player with his injury record might not even make it through the summer break where a players body can retire from the inactivity.

Think I, like most on here are just scarred from all the cheap quick fix options since the floodgates opened the day Silvestre came here..

Who was there? I remember; Silvestre, Benayoun, Kallstrom, Lichensteiner, Andre Santos, I'm going to add Denis Suarez and David Luiz as well, I'm sure we had more though from a while back :lol:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That's the thing though, does he want a permanent move; I know he's lived here before but he's German living in Germany, I assume he has young kids, a wife etc, is earning close to 200k (he better not get that here) and a contract ending in 2021.

If I was him I wouldn't be moving permanently or even on a 6month loan, I'd sit it out.

If he has the desire to play then ok, loan it is but still only 6months for me, player with his injury record might not even make it through the summer break where a players body can retire from the inactivity.

Think I, like most on here are just scarred from all the cheap quick fix options since the floodgates opened the day Silvestre came here..

Who was there? I remember; Silvestre, Benayoun, Kallstrom, Lichensteiner, Andre Santos, I'm going to add Denis Suarez and David Luiz as well, I'm sure we had more though from a while back :lol:

Yeah you're right, it's hard to know with individuals but if I were him I wouldn't be wanting to move away from where I'm settled for years and years.

Maybe he doesn't see retirement as round the corner

Sydney-Gooner

That's the only loan that turned out to be decent. Played an important part in getting us to third that season.

Vantastico

Honestly, I'm not completely opposed to signing him as some of you guys are, especially as a 6 month stop-gap or even on a 1+1 kind of contract. It has to be a on deal where we retain all of the leverage, though.

Simply because: on the off-chance he does pan out or brings a positive influence to the club (i.e. leadership, friendship with other players in the squad etc.) it could turn out to be excellent business at a relatively small cost.

Obviously he's fallen out of favour at Bayern which makes it seem like chances of him performing here are, well, slim to say the least.

But we have to look at other factors here at Arsenal. We do not have 4 world-class defenders in the squad, heck, or even four servicable and fit ones for that matter.

We have a German-speaking core of Prime Mustafi, Sokratis, Özil, Auba, all of whom are players he could be forming positive relationships with, at least, it seems like that to me looking at it from the outside.

Granted, if you're looking at all those names on that list thinking to yourself: all of them could or should be gone in the summer anyways, well, then you obviously don't want to do it.

To sum this up briefly: We either sign him because we like his profile and/or are tempted by his price-range, or, we don't, and ideally we bid large for someone BPL-proven like Dunk or Aké in the summer.

TinFish

Honestly, I'm not completely opposed to signing him as some of you guys are, especially as a 6 month stop-gap or even on a 1+1 kind of contract. It has to be a on deal where we retain all of the leverage, though.

Simply because: on the off-chance he does pan out or brings a positive influence to the club (i.e. leadership, friendship with other players in the squad etc.) it could turn out to be excellent business at a relatively small cost.

Obviously he's fallen out of favour at Bayern which makes it seem like chances of him performing here are, well, slim to say the least.

But we have to look at other factors here at Arsenal. We do not have 4 world-class defenders in the squad, heck, or even four servicable and fit ones for that matter.

We have a German-speaking core of Prime Mustafi, Sokratis, Özil, Auba, all of whom are players he could be forming positive relationships with, at least, it seems like that to me looking at it from the outside.

Granted, if you're looking at all those names on that list thinking to yourself: all of them could or should be gone in the summer anyways, well, then you obviously don't want to do it.

To sum this up briefly: We either sign him because we like his profile and/or are tempted by his price-range, or, we don't, and ideally we bid large for someone BPL-proven like Dunk or Aké in the summer.

This is bollocks. I read this post as a player who brings 'positive relationships' to the squad and can therefore start performing again because he makes the team/himself happier.

Our defence is full of washed up mercenaries, which is precisely the reason we have one of the worst defensive records in the league. What will Boateng bring? What is the key difference here between him and our other senior defenders.

If we sign this clown we will be the same old Arsenal at the back. Change the formula and bring someone half decent in now FFS. Ake is my number 1 choice, but knowing Arsenal we will sign Boateng.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom