• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
If he develops to Become half the player nasri was for us, I'll be very happy. But I don't see it.

At least, with Walcott, you see that defenders were afraid to get near him because he could burn them with pace.

Wilshere at 17 was already dominating some of the best midfielders in the world.

Ramsey, Ashley Cole, etc

These were youth players that had defining qualities that you could work with, but with nelson I just don't see it. He's not good enough to play in the wing because his dribbling is below average. We cannot play him in No 10 position when we have players like ESR who are more suited to that role even though we don't if ESR will turn out to be a good player
Alot of great players didn't have outstanding qualities when they were young. Doesn't say anything really.

Reis got a great touch and good dribbling and good pace. Good shot on him as well. Give him time.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Why are people so quick to throw our young players under the bus? One bad performance and it’s
‘he’s not going to make it here, we should sell him to Everton’.

People said Gnabry was **** and look at him now.

I think more patience and support is needed from the fans.

It goes both ways. Hyping everyone that has a few good games as well.

Pepes blue pill

Why are people so quick to throw our young players under the bus? One bad performance and it’s

Their main go to arguement seems to be to compare them to players like cesc who were amazing at a young age, they just ignore the fact players like cesc are rare

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

I never said Gnabry was bad, I always thought he was an amazing talent. His passing, dribbling, skills, decision making, movement was already top class when he was playing for us.

But Nelson never show it in a single match.

It’s not about having one or two poor performance. It’s the ability that he has is not up to standard.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

He will prove them wrong, dont worry.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Walcott was sh**. One of the sh**est footballer I have ever seen in a top team.
He scored over 100 goals and almost 60 assist.

If Nelson has that impact for us, I'll be very glad.

You're right Nelson is the better dribbler. But Walcott has other qualities that can hurt teams. His pace and movement is nightmare for defemders

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I'm not saying Nelson is sh*t or anything, I'm only saying that based on what I've seen from him, I don't think he really has the quality to make it here. I may be wrong, but if I am on this occasion, I'll be the happiest here.

There are plenty of players that were beasts at age 20.

Naggelsmann couldn't get the best out him. It remains to be seen how Arteta can.

Sane at 19 was already destroying teams like Madrid

Sterling at 19 was one of the main attacking threat in a title challenging team.

I'm not comparing him to these guys. I'm just saying that I've not actually seen anything in Nelson to suggest he'll be a top player.

I'll gladly keep him as a squad player if he develops into an Iwobi-type or a Walcott-type player

Last edited:

Afro Mugo

People are making excuses for Nelson by saying he's not developed physically. Sterling and Sane has the physical attribute as Nelson, but they're able to maximize theirs. Meanwhile, when a defender is within five yards of Nelson, he panics.

Nasri and Hleb were not Strongest physically, but they could use their superior technique to get past opponents.

Infact, all the qualities that they says he possesses, he has never shown it in an arsenal shirt.

Arteta is only playing for tactical reason, not for any special quality he brings to the team
Hleb at age 20 was a nobody in world football and I can create a list of world-class footballers who at that age were nowhere to be seen including the front 3 of the current best team in the premier League. I judge Reiss from what I've seen in youth football because he hasn't played enough games in top flight football to determine whether he'll be a top player or not. If he was Lingards age then all these Reiss isn't good enough comments would be justifiable but he's still so young and played little top flight football to come up with that conclusion

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

People are seriously underestimating his talent level and potential. If he ever reaches it remains to be seen(I feel he's very close to getting his proper breakthrough now tbh), but it's worth persisting with him.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Hleb at age 20 was a nobody in world football and I can create a list of world-class footballers who at that age were nowhere to be seen including the front 3 of the current best team in the premier League. I judge Reiss from what I've seen in youth football because he hasn't played enough games in top flight football to determine whether he'll be a top player or not. If he was Lingards age then all these Reiss isn't good enough comments would be justifiable but he's still so young and played little top flight football to come up with that conclusion
Only mane was actually not known then.

Firminho and Salah at 20 were billed as great talents.

Anyway, like I said I'm not a football person. So it's impossible to tell if he'll be a top player. But from where I'm standing it doesn't look likely.

If I end up being wrong I'll still be Happy at end

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

People are seriously underestimating his talent level and potential. If he ever reaches it remains to be seen(I feel he's very close to getting his proper breakthrough now tbh), but it's worth persisting with him.

Just clicked the link to the but article, but as always it's just a few lines at the beginning that are readable.

Would love to read this :(

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Those world class players at a young age might be nowhere to be seen for whatever reason. But IF we have a chance to see them play at whatever level they were at, you can observe how they run, how they control the ball, how they dribble past players......to judge their ability based on their playing performance on the field regardless of which league they were in/how good their teammates were......

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Who remembers when this lil mofo was regarded as the 'best finisher' in the club... while invincibles were still knocking about.

Arturo_Lupoli_573933.jpg

Afro Mugo

Only mane was actually not known then.

Firminho and Salah at 20 were billed as great talents.

Anyway, like I said I'm not a football person. So it's impossible to tell if he'll be a top player. But from where I'm standing it doesn't look likely.

If I end up being wrong I'll still be Happy at end
Common man. Salah at Reiss age was playing for small club in Egypt . He hadn't even joined Basel and Firmino wasn't anywhere close to the top 19 years olds of the time in world football. And I can create a list . In 2011 Phil Jones had just joined United after a breakthrough season in the PL for Blackburn . He was labelled as the next Captain of United on the not too distant future. In the same year Van Dijk was struggling for game time for a mid table Dutch side after being released . The point is just be patient with players . You can't tell who'll make it or not at that age. Liverpool's midfield are peaking at the age of 29 . Look where they were at age 20/19 or rather when they were still establishibg themselves in top flight football.

Afro Mugo

Those world class players at a young age might be nowhere to be seen for whatever reason. But IF we have a chance to see them play at whatever level they were at, you can observe how they run, how they control the ball, how they dribble past players......to judge their ability based on their playing performance on the field regardless of which league they were in/how good their teammates were......
Reiss showcased his abilities in the run he got in the Bundesliga. Reiss is playing in the Premier League , of course if you drop any level player down a level of football he'll be able to showcase his abilities. It's unfair to use the argument. There are many players currently tearing up lower levels of football but can't translate their skills to a higher level against better players and more rigid tactical systems. The fact that Reiss is even trusted at the age in the PL is a plus.

Afro Mugo

Belso
I know this guy’s decision making and final delivery isn’t that good.
But if Nelson can watch this video, learn from it, then come back and prove me wrong, I’d be more than happy.
Nelson's attributes are not like Saint Maximin . They are two different players just like Nasri was no Pires and Fabregas was no Vieira but they all played in similar positions with different attributes with the same effect

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Common man. Salah at Reiss age was playing for small club in Egypt. He hadn't even joined Basel and Firmino wasn't anywhere close to the top 19 years olds of the time in world football. And I can create a list . In 2011 Phil Jones had just joined United after a breakthrough season in the PL for Blackburn . He was labelled as the next Captain of United on the not too distant future. In the same year Van Dijk was struggling for game time for a mid table Dutch side after being released . The point is just be patient with players . You can't tell who'll make it or not at that age. Liverpool's midfield are peaking at the age of 29 . Look where they were at age 20/19 or rather when they were still establishibg themselves in top flight football.

That's not true.
He was playing for Basel at 19. He joined Chelsea in 2014 at age 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom