• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | Saturday 11th January | KO: 12:30pm | BT Sport

Result?

• Crystal Palace Win

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 59 76.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We won't finish top 4 we can't get into any momentum we throw lead easily and can't finish game off where needed

Giroud12

Funny how VAR is always for and always against certain teams. Liverpool even get the wrong decision their way AFTER VAR has reviewed it :lol:

Luckily I dont think Arteta is as much of a gentleman as Wenger. He has learnt from the best and I think he will use those tricks to his advantage in the future. We should make it very clear that VAR is fecking us over, next time a decision has to be made it´ll go our way.

ScotsGooner89

I really don’t see how the Auba red is debatable. That’s as clear a red card as you can get, luckily the palace player didn’t break his ankle..

It is debatable, the ref in the studio also said he thought it was a yellow after reviewing it? You are allowed to mis-time a tackle as long as it’s a genuine attempt for the ball. If he was given a red for it I would say it’s soft but accept it, the fact the ref seen it and gave a yellow but VAR overturned it when it was clearly debatable is a complete joke.

darkgunner

Tbh don't really give a **** anyway, we're not getting top 4 in the league unless the stars align. It's the EL or nothing now.

Arteta has to fix that midfield though. Today showed how Torreira's recent form has been carrying us. He does 60% of the work in midfield with Özil and Xhaka splitting the rest between them.

Xhaka barely has a brain cell in him and Özil is past it, so no wonder we lost control once Torreira came off.

We desperately need a new CM and CAM between the two we have starting are just not good enough. Arteta should really have taken the chance and forced Xhaka out to Berlin. Would have removed some of the work for summer.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The auba red was absolutely correct decision it was ankle breaker he shouldn't even tackle in that position. But i think frustration got him

Check

The red card was 100% a red card. What is frustating for me, is that Liverpool for example, probably would've got away with it. I just want the VAR to be more consistent.

Overall it wasn't good enough today after the first twenty minutes. Laca should've got us the win. Interesting to see how our attack looks like against Sheffield since Auba and Laca both won't be available.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Tbh don't really give a **** anyway, we're not getting top 4 in the league unless the stars align. It's the EL or nothing now.

Arteta has to fix that midfield though. Today showed how Torreira's recent form has been carrying us. He does 60% of the work in midfield with Özil and Xhaka splitting the rest between them.

Xhaka barely has a brain cell in him and Özil is past it, so no wonder we lost control once Torreira came off.

We desperately need a new CM and CAM between the two we have starting are just not good enough. Arteta should really have taken the chance and forced Xhaka out to Berlin. Would have removed some of the work for summer.

Yes, because Torreira/Guendouzi would work just as well.

Also neither Xhaka nor Özil were (individually) the reason we drew today.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just to clarify, yes I’m a Pepe fanboy but I’m an agenda-less poster.

He had a poor first ten mins when compared to the service he was getting. But he didn’t have a meaningful touch of the ball again until the end of the game (which he admittedly messed up:lol:)

Attackers are high risk players whose errors and losses of possession are always magnified when they don’t get enough service. You won’t ever catch me saying a forward had a bad game if he hasn’t had sufficient opportunities. If he scored that chance the tide would turn massively. Fine margins.

Those of you wanting your forwards to make something happen when their midfield is non existent need to go watch Lionel Messi or switch to basketball where one player can more effectively carry a team.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think they are inconsistent but not as bad as us, Sp**s and united. Also they came 3rd last season and they have a better winning culture than the other teams.

Although I think Sheffield and Wolves have just as much of a chance.

Winning culture means nothing when you arent consistent mate. Its about converting that culture into actual wins.

Have a look at their upcoming fixtures, and their current home and away record. I can promise you that they will be dragged back just like the rest of us. Lampard also doesnt seem as innovative to pull away... I think we gonna reel them in nicely.

Sheffield, Brighton and Wolves are doing well... and it will be interesting to see what happens if the group I mentioned before start to pick up the pace.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Unfortunately I can’t see us winning the Europa League too. Our team will fall short once again.

We need an Andrei Arshavin-esque signing.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Think that one season without Europe would be good for us.Maybe we won't get enough money for proper signings,but we can focus on EPL.
It doesn't really that matter the players we got usually got used to play every 3 days. I think the main problem we have that fatigue got to us quickly we can't seem preform for 90 minutes

darkgunner

Yes, because Torreira/Guendouzi would work just as well.

Also neither Xhaka nor Özil were the reason we drew today.

Guendouzi is young and inexperienced, it was up to Xhaka to step up and start regulating like Torreira did. He didn't and just stuck to playing his passive game.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Just to clarify, yes I’m a Pepe fanboy but I’m an agenda-less poster.

He had a poor first ten mins when compared to the service he was getting. But he didn’t have a meaningful touch of the ball again until the end of the game (which he admittedly messed up:lol:)

Attackers are high risk players whose errors and losses of possession are always magnified when they don’t get enough service. You won’t ever catch me saying a forward had a bad game if he hasn’t had sufficient opportunities. If he scored that chance the tide would turn massively. Fine margins.

Those of you wanting your forwards to make something happen when their midfield is non existent need to go watch Lionel Messi or switch to basketball where one player can more effectively carry a team.
On another day that shot he made kisses the post and nestles in the back of the net and he is considered the match winner.

Fine margins for forwards.

Manberg

Predator
Because the 4th official sent a message.

I think every big decision goes to VAR

The message I got at the start of the season was that it goes to VAR only if the referee makes a "clear and obvious error". That wouldn't have gone to VAR then. The referees must have had a sit down and changed their position in the middle of the season.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Unfortunately I can’t see us winning the Europa League too. Our team will fall short once again.

We need an Andrei Arshavin-esque signing.
I can see us do better in the EL than PL. The physical approach PL teams take against us doesn’t suit us at all, and EL teams offer less of that. Whether it’ll be enough to win it all, we’ll see but I can see us go far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom