• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

As much as I’d like grave misfortune to provoke drastic change, it just doesn’t happen that way with us.

We tend to just sit in our mess and not address it, so be careful what you wish for.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
As much as I’d like grave misfortune to provoke drastic change, it just doesn’t happen that way with us.

We tend to just sit in our mess and not address it, so be careful what you wish for.
It would take few years before things get right specially after having manager for 22 years and making alot of changers off the pitch too

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Now we've got much better organisation and structure, imagine what a genuine, proven and consistent world class potent player like an Alexis, could do for him? Just a splash of genuine potency. We've got the finisher, but to have someone buzzing around in the last third who's lethal from anywhere and everywhere... Priceless. We'd have won today, and we'd probably be at least ten points better off. They aren't cheap though, if you can even find them. Have to hope Pepe steps up and becomes a semblance of that.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
We look a lot more organized and structured after Arteta took and apart form the first half against Leeds we have actually defended pretty well in all the matches.

In that regard I`m impresed wth that Arteta has already implemented.

Going forward we still don`t as much as we should but out hopefully that will come.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Chelsea went from 10th to champions because of that exact reason. Same would happen to us!

Chelsea had a better squad.
Chelsea's true position was top 4 however the players downed tools and didnt put a drop of effort in under Mourinho.

Completely different. We are around mid table because that's our level with the current players we have and the talent coming through.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What important to me that we look so much better defensively 4 goals conceded in 4 games one of those goals was a mistake. We went from facing 20 shots every game to 10 or less.

The squad need few players who can add something different like ball playing cb very good mid and of course and winger

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Hopefully a blessing in disguise and an opportunity for the others to pick up goal scoring form. That's too positive though, I think. :(
Really, between Pepe, Laca and Özil, not to mention Martenelli, it should NOT be an issue..

"Should" being the operative word. :lol:

Hopefully this will be a wake up call for them to share in the responsibility to score.

Last edited:

GunnerUK

I wish we could finish outside of the europa league places. A full preseason and playing once a week with arteta would be fantastic. Feels like you have to finish about 12th for that to happen

I can see your point I’ve often thought the same myself but means less football for us to watch for a season and less money for the club. But a full season with no European interruptions could be very useful worked wonders for Liverpool the season they bottled the league with the Gerrard Slip against Chelsea.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I can see your point I’ve often thought the same myself but means less football for us to watch for a season and less money for the club. But a full season with no European interruptions could be very useful worked wonders for Liverpool the season they bottled the league with the Gerrard Slip against Chelsea.

And Leicester.. and Chelsea..
Tbh I know European football is probably better for the club overall when you weigh it up but it really wouldn’t be the worst thing ever. It’s not going to happen anyway. We’ll finish 6th I reckon.

GunnerUK

And Leicester.. and Chelsea..
Tbh I know European football is probably better for the club overall when you weigh it up but it really wouldn’t be the worst thing ever. It’s not going to happen anyway. We’ll finish 6th I reckon.

worse thing is Europa league is not worth watching until the 1/4 or 1/2 finals anyway. Wasted travel and playing time for a club of our size in my opinion.

benjamin86

Established Member
Better than I expected. He would of course immediatly be able to work together with Xhaka which is another plus, but of course its the premier league and that's way different than the national team.

Hmmmmm, possibly. Maybe my reluctance is really just because of only seeing him on the international stage. I would definitly give him a chance.
Yeah i've never been that impressed with him for Switzerland, but all the scouting reports etc i read on him for Monchengladbach are very impressive.

Impact

Established Member
Only so much impact a coach can have on players. Arteta has good ideas but needs better players to execute them. Guardiola and Klopp similarly had their own philosophies that was clear to see when they first started at their respective clubs. They got better players and achieved what they have done so far. We need to back our man.

Top Bottom