• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I agree, but you cannot put the burden of winning such important games to a 18 year-old. He definitely should be looked at as a classic striker, he isn't a winger, he wants to get behind the defenders and score. The conviction he plays with is frightening, he looks like the most mentally strong player in the squad. Still I think he needs time to adapt smoothly, we are in a situation where the pressure is so high that the higher profile players should take responsibility first.
Echoed my thoughts exactly.

We’ve got a gem on our hands but let’s not ruin him starting him unnecessarily.

boyinneedofhumor

I'm starting to form an opinion that in order to see the best of him,

a. he needs to start rather than subbed in.
b. have about 60mins each game.
c. consecutively for about 3-5 games.

The longer it takes for above, the more likely his form may "dip/regress" in terms of assists and goals.
To an extent where starting him no longer achieves the anticipated impact.

(Not meant as criticism of him, but just a hunch if he continues to be used in a substitute role/appearances manner from now to end of the season).

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Does anyone remember the name of the Brazilian left back we signed who dissapeared on loan and apparently got caught shagging the loan clubs owners daughter.....

nicky47

Established Member
We really need Martinelli to come into the team and start scoring, although its very unfair on him. We're unfortunately in a position where we need someone to start scoring. Hope its him...

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
We really need Martinelli to come into the team and start scoring, although its very unfair on him. We're unfortunately in a position where we need someone to start scoring. Hope its him...

But he is scoring goals, could be more if he start more PL matches tho... he usually just play the last 20-25 minutes of PL matches when Arsenal is normally struggling (compared to the first half, it is on average for the whole season), that decreases his average in the league.

In all competitions he is averaging 1 non-PKG or A per 90 minutes: https://fbref.com/en/squads/18bb7c10/Arsenal

Manberg

Predator
This, but to specify Id like to see him upfront. The season in the league is lost, so give him a run upfront now that PEA is out.

PEA’s been on the wing and I think that’s where Martin Nelly will play too. He’s been good on the wing so I don’t see the problem with making him a winger.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
This, but to specify Id like to see him upfront. The season in the league is lost, so give him a run upfront now that PEA is out.
He wont bench lacazette in place of Saka i think, And you can't really play laca on the wing

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I agree, but you cannot put the burden of winning such important games to a 18 year-old. He definitely should be looked at as a classic striker, he isn't a winger, he wants to get behind the defenders and score. The conviction he plays with is frightening, he looks like the most mentally strong player in the squad. Still I think he needs time to adapt smoothly, we are in a situation where the pressure is so high that the higher profile players should take responsibility first.
You can. The boy is fearless and if he is really going to be a crack he doesn't need all this molly-coddling lesser player needs.

Let's not waste a huge talent by wrapping him in cotton-wool so he is pristine when he leaves for Barcelona or Madrid.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
PEA’s been on the wing and I think that’s where Martin Nelly will play too. He’s been good on the wing so I don’t see the problem with making him a winger.

The problem is that he’s demonstrated as a centre forward, the kind of movement and natural finishing you see once a decade while on the wing he’s just chasing opposition full backs into our half every time they attack and running around with little purpose, conceding fouls.

He’s got 1 goal + 0 assists in 11 appearances on the wing and 7 goals + 3 assists in 7 games as a striker.

This doesn’t even take into account the highest number of passing combinations are between centre backs and the intensity of his pressing there helps us win the ball in far more dangerous positions.

You don’t just make someone a winger. Sign a proper one and watch this kid wreak havoc.

Auba shouldn’t be on the wing either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom