• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That's why when im saying Özil should create more space for himself he easily get targeted and that influence his game and make us struggle creating

musoke

If the transfer was a success why did they ship him off after three seasons?

Why was his contact not renewed? Why was he sold at his peak?
Why did the fans want him out? Why was he sold at a loss?

I feel like you don’t want to admit he wasn’t a success at Barcelona because you somehow think it validates Özil. This is nothing to do with Mes, leave your agenda at the door.

I mean, just google ‘Fàbregas Barcelona Flop’ and you’ll see the general opinion of the football word on that move. But you won’t. Because this is somehow about Özil and admitting things didn’t work at Barca for Cesc would somehow validate your nemesis. Pitiful stuff from you sir.
Cesc was my favourite player (He and Rosicky) during our transition from Highbury to The Emirates. That boy was exceptional for us from the moment he got into the first team at the age of 17 to the day he left in 2010. I was a and still remain a Cesc fanboy due to the memories.

But on the BOLD bit. Can’t that be said about Özil himself at Madrid? They both transferred to Madrid and Barcelona in 2010/11. The STATS Show that they both did okay for their respective clubs but then were deemed surplus to requirement at their peak. (Cesc at 28 years old while Özil at 25 years of age).

To me Cesc struggled because Barcelona’s style and midfield was just a freak of nature at that time. I don’t think Özil himself would have been a success in that Barcelona midfield/ team too. To me Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets were a once in a lifetime occurrence. Like our planet (earth) position in the solar system after the Big Bang. Just a little tweak and life on earth would have been impossible. Same as that Barcelona midfield.

To me the likes of Özil and Cesc are at that level below the likes of Xavi and Iniesta.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
To me Cesc struggled because Barcelona’s style and midfield was just a freak of nature at that time. I don’t think Özil himself would have been a success in that Barcelona midfield/ team too. To me Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets were a once in a lifetime occurrence. Like our planet (earth) position in the solar system after the Big Bang. Just a little tweak and life on earth would have been impossible. Same as that Barcelona midfield.

To me the likes of Özil and Cesc are at that level below the likes of Xavi and Iniesta.
At 27, his competition was a 34 year old Xavi who would go on and retire the next year, not peak Xavi and Iniesta ffs :lol:. He was so bad that they binned him (at a loss btw) and replaced Xavi with Rakitic instead of keeping the prodigal son. A flop by all accounts except for non la liga watching arsenal fans who still haven’t got his nuts out of their mouth’s it seems.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
At 27, his competition was a 34 year old Xavi who would go on and retire the next year, not peak Xavi and Iniesta ffs :lol:. He was so bad that they binned him (at a loss btw) and replaced Xavi with Rakitic instead of keeping the prodigal son. A flop by all accounts except for non la liga watching arsenal fans who still haven’t got his nuts out of their mouth’s it seems.
Lets be honest here for a just a moment and put all the silly slurs and Özil v Cecs bollocks to the side...

Cesc chose to leave against the wishes of the president, so he wasn't binned. What part of that makes difficult reading?

The fact that you choose to paint it the way you have, irrespective of all the objective analysis of the situation, facts and figures, points to posts like yours being mere projection. The fact that you react like that to @musoke's post is very telling.

The truth is Özil's balls are nearer your mouth, evidently, than Cesc's are to anyone else's posting in here, if we're going down that road.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Lets be honest here for a just a moment and put all the silly slurs and Özil v Cecs bollocks to the side...

Cesc chose to leave against the wishes of the president, so he wasn't binned. What part of that makes difficult reading?

The fact that you choose to paint it the way you have, irrespective of all the objective analysis of the situation, facts and figures, points to posts like yours being mere projection. The fact that you react like that to @musoke's post is very telling.

The truth is Özil's balls are nearer your mouth, evidently, than Cesc's are to anyone else's posting in here, if we're going down that road.
Whatever you say Jury.
Have a chat with a Barca fan and see what they think maybe

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I've heard ex footballers say that certain players are nowhere to be seen when the going gets tough in bad form or bad patches within games. Apparently its hard to see because a lot of the movements is done off camera but as a player you notice that some team mates have the character to go missing and not make themself available enough for the pass.

I don't think we are set up to suit Özil at all, we've always needed a Santi/Fabregas type midfielder who wants to get on the ball constantly and progress it. We simple arent good enough to carry someone with such a killer pass but doesnt do enough for the rest of the game. Cmon hes our attacking midfielder and hes hardly touching the ball, does that really suit a **** team like us? We struggle as it is. Özil is a luxury cherry on the top player who can be the difference, but I think we need to move on in the summer and get a player who actually contributes to our build up play.

We're a **** team with the arrogance of a good team right now (in terms of our lineup and type of players) and I think it needs to change. Id love a powerful box to box instead of Xhaka and a more effervescent AM like Ziyech in the place of Özil. Our midfield would take control of the game much better, more movement and mobility off the ball. I hope Arteta sees this, especially having been at a team like city.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Ziyech would be great to replace Özil. In my dreams we get Havertz but he might be ‘too big’ for us already.

But honestly it’s all about what Özil wants. I don’t imagine he sees any reason to leave before his big contract ends. He’ll be a free agent and can ease into his retirement in Turkey or the USA when he’s a free agent. And that means he’ll be here for next season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Debates around him are futile now, as this season is dead for us. He won’t get an extension to his deal, and his role next season will probably be off the bench with new signings most likely arriving in the summer.

So we’re looking at Özil as a bench option for 12 months before his departure.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Whatever you say Jury.
Have a chat with a Barca fan and see what they think maybe
Screw your weirdo Barca mates :lol: A Marca vote had 50% wanting him sold at the worst point of his 'flop' Barca career, yet it was Cesc who decided to leave. Madrid sold your boy. That hurts, I know, but that's a fact.

Manberg

Predator
Screw your weirdo Barca mates :lol: A Marca vote had 50% wanting him sold at the worst point of his 'flop' Barca career, yet it was Cesc who decided to leave. Madrid sold your boy. That hurts, I know, but that's a fact.

You’re not Jury. Jury once offered me a job.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Screw my “weirdo Barca mates” who watched every single minute of him in a Barca shirt because the truth hurts your feelings but I’m supposed to listen Jury Cramsalot, the most clueless troll on Arsenal Mania? :lol:

I love Özil but Fabregas was hardly a flop at Barcelona.

BMTwIpzCEAIekxa.png

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Screw my “weirdo Barca mates” who watched every single minute of him in a Barca shirt because the truth hurts your feelings but I’m supposed to listen Jury Cramsalot, the most clueless troll on Arsenal Mania? :lol:
What half of your chums wanted him gone, top or bottom?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I love Özil but Fabregas was hardly a flop at Barcelona.
Fabregas at Barcelona was a bit like Arshavin at Arsenal: he had the numbers, but there was something missing. He never really established himself in the team, and after the huge song & dance they made about signing him it doesn't reflect well that he was hounded out. It might seem harsh to call him a flop but when you sign a player of that calibre the expectations are high. He didn't live up to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom