• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Have to disagree here. I do rate Özil's skillset and achievements for the most part, but he's never been someone to control a game. He is vital in this process itself, as he is very good at finding pockets of space and keeping the ball circulating - you can see that every time he's on the pitch - but he's never been someone to actually dictate or control a game. He maybe has done it a couple of times for Germany or Arsenal when the opposition was completely backed into the their last third, but usually that's not his game.
Yeah, he doesn't have the personality to control matches IMO. His strength (and weakness) is the way he plays on the fringes of the game rather than being the centrepiece of the action.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He was so good in the end of season run in under Lampard last year for a teenager. Whenever I saw him he just looked so above the Championship.

Scored or assisted in all but like three games in some crazy high pressure games. He’s got an elite mentality and it’s mad how calm he is in advanced positions.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He was so good in the end of season run in under Lampard last year for a teenager. Whenever I saw him he just looked so above the Championship.

Scored or assisted in all but like three games in some crazy high pressure games. He’s got an elite mentality and it’s mad how calm he is in advanced positions.
I like the way he uses both the ball and space. His comfort in possession means we wouldn't lose much in him progressing play - so he can be used in a variety of ways at RB interestingly. How much you reckon he'd cost? I reckon £10m.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I like the way he uses both the ball and space. His comfort in possession means we wouldn't lose much in him progressing play - so he can be used in a variety of ways at RB interestingly. How much you reckon he'd cost? I reckon £10m.

Palace have been linked mate, and they’ve been quoted 10M.

I like Aarons but at 30M that’s way too much when I’d argue there’s not even a drop off to Bogle.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We're after Yan Couto apparently, younger and very technical but very small.

I know nothing about him, but I’m guessing it would be years until he’s ready to start.

Buying players who are so young is such a gamble because even massive prospects at 16 can not get to that top level.

For me, Bogle is delivering at that high level already, and while young he’s playing like a man.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I know nothing about him, but I’m guessing it would be years until he’s ready to start.

Buying players who are so young is such a gamble because even massive prospects at 16 can not get to that top level.

For me, Bogle is delivering at that high level already, and while young he’s playing like a man.
I agree. I don't think we need a super young prospect currently, more someone who's a bit more ready to contribute. We have an emerging RB who's 16 and doing quite well at the moment so I don't think Couto is quite as necessary unless he's Martinelli-status (i.e. can come in and impress right now). Besides, as I said, very small guy. Bogle at 19 looks like he can handle himself although he's not the biggest and he's one of the better players in a tough league over here. We should really be looking at players like Bogle but I'm not exactly sure what our recruitment team is looking for. They probably look at AMN and Bellerin and think that's the right pair.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I agree. I don't think we need a super young prospect currently, more someone who's a bit more ready to contribute. We have an emerging RB who's 16 and doing quite well at the moment so I don't think Couto is quite as necessary unless he's Martinelli-status (i.e. can come in and impress right now). Besides, as I said, very small guy. Bogle at 19 looks like he can handle himself although he's not the biggest and he's one of the better players in a tough league over here. We should really be looking at players like Bogle but I'm not exactly sure what our recruitment team is looking for. They probably look at AMN and Bellerin and think that's the right pair.

I feel it’d be an opportunity missed though if we passed him up.

AMN clearly isn’t going to be a RB long term even if he’s happier playing there under Arteta right now, and there’s no guarantee on Bellerin with his fitness.

We can always move AMN somewhere he’s happier like midfield. Lot of holes in this team anyway :lol:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I feel it’d be an opportunity missed though if we passed him up.

AMN clearly isn’t going to be a RB long term even if he’s happier playing there under Arteta right now, and there’s no guarantee on Bellerin with his fitness.

We can always move AMN somewhere he’s happier like midfield. Lot of holes in this team anyway :lol:

Sounds harsh and probably is but I would just write off Bellerin and sell him when the best opportunity arrives.

He just seems to be injured constantly at important times and his development doesnt seem to have progressed enough.

I imagine he probably has featured a lot more than I recall but its frustrating when you want a consistent sold back line and he appears to be out missing alot.

Could command a decent fee to reinvest too.

Wagwaan

I've been impressed from what I've seen from Bogle. Strong lad with pace. Although from what I've seen from Artetas short tenure I'm not sure he would be the ideal fit.

It looks as though Mikel favours the inverted type full back to the flying overlap type. Gives Pepe, Nelson and Auba the chance to offer the width. So I think a Branislav Ivanovic type full back would suit the style more, just to be clear, not Ivanovic just that type. A strong defensive player.

John Stones wont happen but I'm surprised to see so many against it. He would be a great addition.

Moah

Ziyech is great. He can replace Özil who is sh** on the ball, play like a Silva type of player. Gouiri is more like an Aguero who drops deep. There are not many skillful false 9 available in the market. If we want a young and relatively cheaper striker, this is the one we should go for.
Funny thing is he still has the same weaknesses stated.

Wagwaan

Get out. Elneny is absolute crap, sideways and backwards passing is all he does. We want to get back to CL, not Championship.

I wouldn't say he is crap. He is a player that keeps the team ticking without doing anything spectacular. Pretty much what Guendouzi does now. He isn't a bad squad player but wouldn't get in the first team ahead of Xhaka as Granit has a better range of passing.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I wouldn't say he is crap. He is a player that keeps the team ticking without doing anything spectacular. Pretty much what Guendouzi does now. He isn't a bad squad player but wouldn't get in the first team ahead of Xhaka as Granit has a better range of passing.

So if he wouldn't get in the team ahead of Xhaka, whom most want to replace.. why bother having him at all? We need much better. Squad players can be talents like Guendouzi and Willock.

Elneny is a poverty option to have as a top club.

#Davido

Why not get the new Ziyech, Mohamed Ihattaren from PSV instead? Great talent.

Shades of Mahrez about him too. Only 17, nippy, highly technical, versatile, can create and score, confident. Elite potential.

Wagwaan

So if he wouldn't get in the team ahead of Xhaka, whom most want to replace.. why bother having him at all? We need much better. Squad players can be talents like Guendouzi and Willock.

Elneny is a poverty option to have as a top club.

Never made an argument to bring him back, just made a point that he isn't crap.

I agree he isn't needed. Guendouzi and Willock are adequate back up plus David Luiz could do a job there if in need.

Dont think we can bring the calibre of CM we need in January.

Top Bottom