• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dries Mertens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

would be interesting signing for 1-2 years deal even at 33 he will get many goals. but With Nelson Saka Martinelli i don't think we would really needed unless Nelson not improved.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
...ok, not sure what to make of that

Another past his best star on presumably big money, I know exactly what to make of it...

thats_a_big_pile_of_crap.png

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
...ok, not sure what to make of that
Me too it could be weird signing but maybe we preparing to for life without Auba and Laca so getting Mertens for free make sense a good player and we'll have available funds to get replacements.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Another past his best star on presumably big money, I know exactly what to make of it...

thats_a_big_pile_of_crap.png
Napoli have few players over 100K a week i think only Insigne and Koulibaly earn over 100K lol i wouldnt be surprised if Mertens earn less than that.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If Auba &/or Laca off in the summer need to bring in some goals. Pepe looks streaky & the kids have **** all production combined at the mo in the league.

Underhill

I like this idea on getting him for free and on a short term. We need some experience in the team and i rather have someone that is actually good over someone who is just old.

Malky

Established Member
What the ****? Thought we had some new vision of youth at Arsenal, where we would only sign players below a certain age?
Even on a free this would be a pretty poor signing, all things considered.

Underhill

What the ****? Thought we had some new vision of youth at Arsenal, where we would only sign players below a certain age?
Even on a free this would be a pretty poor signing, all things considered.
What gave you that idea? We signed Luiz this summer.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This is a rubbish rumour, and I hope it’s false.

pikey2000

On the one hand Dries on a free is not bad as long as its on a short contract as others have said, he will get goals and is technically of a good level so able to fit in and play ball.

Martinelli, Pepe, Nelson all young players so Mertens adds some consistency and experience.

On the other hand if he comes here on anywhere near the wage that Mhki is on currently then you've just brought one experienced player in in place of the other which seems a bit pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom