• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
How does Aubameyang differ to Podolski?

Love both players, but cant see much difference between the two really. Very lethal in the area, but outside of it can be a liability.
That's an odd one... Apart from both strikers not exactly being the best at linking play of the last 20 years, that's where the comparisons end. Numbers wise, there's no comparison. You may as well say what's the difference between Heskey and Auba... Pod's use from outside the box was being able to break the net from 30 yards plus. Auba scores from outside the box too.

The most perplexing thing, for me, is why anyone would want to split hairs and have a problem them not being the most complete. Also, the exaggeration of the criticism, and where it comes from.

He's a striker who scores with his eyes shut. Job done. Why aren't we crying about fullbacks who can't cross a ball, or midfielders and creative players so bad at their jobs, that they get sucked off for weeks for winning a header or endless excuses made for them and their appalling creative contributions?

Pepes blue pill

Should appeal the red highlighting the robertson tackle against Sp**s and nothing being done regarding it, auba deserved the red but we should at least highlight how inconsistent they are being

Reactions: roz

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
We can hope, and even though Auba didn't mean any harm, I think 3 games is fair. He went in too late, missed the ball and the tackle ended up almost breaking Meyer's ankle.

jgirolami

I don’t think 3 games is fair. To look at still frame it looks bad but he was only really reaching out for the ball and the other players ankle kinda just got in the way which makes it look bad. You can tell there was no intent to go for the player. Unlike shawcross for example.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I don’t think 3 games is fair. To look at still frame it looks bad but he was only really reaching out for the ball and the other players ankle kinda just got in the way which makes it look bad. You can tell there was no intent to go for the player. Unlike shawcross for example.
:lol:

Intent doesn’t matter really, Sadio Mane got a 3 match suspension for kicking Emerson in the face despite him not even being in Mane’s sight.
sadio-mane.jpg

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
That's an odd one... Apart from both strikers not exactly being the best at linking play of the last 20 years, that's where the comparisons end. Numbers wise, there's no comparison. You may as well say what's the difference between Heskey and Auba... Pod's use from outside the box was being able to break the net from 30 yards plus. Auba scores from outside the box too.

The most perplexing thing, for me, is why anyone would want to split hairs and have a problem them not being the most complete. Also, the exaggeration of the criticism, and where it comes from.

He's a striker who scores with his eyes shut. Job done. Why aren't we crying about fullbacks who can't cross a ball, or midfielders and creative players so bad at their jobs, that they get sucked off for weeks for winning a header or endless excuses made for them and their appalling creative contributions?
Spot on. A striker's primary job is to score, if he is good at other stuff then it’s a bonus. Aubameyang is an elite goalscorer, he is the only genuine great thing we have & people somehow try nitpick at him while the rest of the team can get away with doing next to thing. The guy has basically got us all of our points & somehow there are people pointing finger at him of all people

jgirolami

:lol:

Intent doesn’t matter really, Sadio Mane got a 3 match suspension for kicking Emerson in the face despite him not even being in Mane’s sight.
sadio-mane.jpg
That might have something to do with his boot being in an unatural position maybe... Auba was clearly just trying to get the ball which was on the floor.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
That might have something to do with his boot being in an unatural position maybe... Auba was clearly just trying to get the ball which was on the floor.
So was Mane.
Going by the rule book:
‘Sending-off offences’: “A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play. A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.”

He didn’t use excessive force but he definitely endangered the safety of opponent. Sending off for serious foul play = 3 match ban.

jgirolami

So was Mane.
Going by the rule book:
‘Sending-off offences’: “A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play. A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.”

He didn’t use excessive force but he definitely endangered the safety of opponent. Sending off for serious foul play = 3 match ban.
So was Mane.
Going by the rule book:

But it wasn’t really a tackle. That’s what I am getting at. He wasn’t running full pelt with a flying leg. If that’s deemed a tackle then we won’t see any anymore in the game just in case I might touch someone in the wrong area. Ie ankle. Plus we all know a challenge when we see one and that was not a 3 game ban challenge. Valverde probs has only got a 3 game ban and u can’t put them in the same bracket.

Trigger

Dangerous tackle that deserved the red card and ban that comes with it. If Aubameyang was on the receiving end of that tackle we’d be going mad.

Not expecting any reduction to come from the appeal, just hope it’s used to highlight the inconsistency of these decisions because that’s the annoying part in all this.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The decision was correct and fair tbh just have to take it on the chin.

The inconsistency of when they decide to turn the VAR on is bloody infuriating though, I hope they scrap it come summer.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Robertson did a potential leg breaker and got away with it by rolling around. Extremely annoying but Auba's ban is deserved.

Arteta has had the unluckiest start to management I can think of. Roll the dice again and we'd have four wins on the bounce, really feel sorry for him.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I know when we hear other fans say “he’s not that type of player” after similar incidents and you think sure. But Auba is honestly not that kind of player! :lol:

Do you know what I think was worse? Zaha sneakily pushing Torreria when he was in mid air who then collided with Pepe. Exactly what did that have to do with football or fair play? What was his intent? It was all about injuring a player on the sly .... hate that particular sh1thousery manoeuvre, they were both wiped out if you remember :mad:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I know when we hear other fans say “he’s not that type of player” after similar incidents and you think sure. But Auba is honestly not that kind of player! :lol:

Do you know what I think was worse? Zaha sneakily pushing Torreria when he was in mid air who then collided with Pepe. Exactly what did that have to do with football or fair play? What was his intent? It was all about injuring a player on the sly .... hate that particular sh1thousery manoeuvre, they were both wiped out if you remember :mad:

Reminds me of few seasons ago when some thug from Norwich pushed Sanchez in the same way mid-air and threw him in the cameraman pit-hole behind the touchline.
That ****er didn't even get a warning from the ref, let alone a card.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

In nearly all physical games it's considered one of the lowest acts .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom