• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

sykesy69

I've been impressed from what I've seen from Bogle. Strong lad with pace. Although from what I've seen from Artetas short tenure I'm not sure he would be the ideal fit.

It looks as though Mikel favours the inverted type full back to the flying overlap type. Gives Pepe, Nelson and Auba the chance to offer the width. So I think a Branislav Ivanovic type full back would suit the style more, just to be clear, not Ivanovic just that type. A strong defensive player.

John Stones wont happen but I'm surprised to see so many against it. He would be a great addition.

From his Arsenal interview before retiring:
Will you set your team up in a particular system, or do the players come first? I think you need to adapt. You can have an idea of a system, but you need to be able to transform it depending on the players you have – how much pace you have up front, how technical your team is, what types of risk you can take and whether your players are ready to take those risks. It’s important to analyse your players because you can’t always play the same way.

I think a lot of people are getting a bit carried away of how we're currently setting up thinking this will be us forever going forward.

The way I see it, we are setting up this way out of necessity rather than a desire.

I'm sure we'll see variations depending on the players available, so I wouldn't rule any good players out.

Chaoz_Enigma

Wagwaan

I think a lot of people are getting a bit carried away of how we're currently setting up thinking this will be us forever going forward.

The way I see it, we are setting up this way out of necessity rather than a desire.

I'm sure we'll see variations depending on the players available, so I wouldn't rule any good players out.

I see your point but Pepe isn't going anywhere. He is better if he's the player offering width rather than being overlapped.

Dont get me wrong, not saying it couldn't work. Pepe could go inside and let the full back fly on like Kola/Auba do on the left.

But my thinking is that you want balance.
We got Kola/Tierney/ Hector that all love an adventure, why not invest in a more defensive minded defender?.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Out: Özil, Bellerin
In: Atal, Maddison for the summer biz

Would make me a very happy semi-young man! Would make me consider popping a Don Perignon even!

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Arteta mentioned he has a wishlist of what players he wants - I would love to see that list

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Players on my wishlist:

RB:Max Aarons
CB: Lewis Dunk
CDM: Ibrahim Sangare
CM: Thomas Partey
CM: Sandro Tonali
CAM: Jack Grealish
CAM: Hakim Ziyech
LW: Wilfried Zaha

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
January:

In: Stones (loan with option to buy for 50m), Lemar (Atletico give us 20m and take Lacazette).

Out: El Nenny, Mustafi and Mkhi (35m)

That's 55m in the pot!

Summer:

In: Salibah, Ake/Dunk, Stones, Ceballos, Dacoure/Kondogbia/Partey. 160m

Out: Sokratis, Holding/Chambers, Özil, Xhaka. 70m,

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
----------------------------Leno
-------------Stones------------------Ake
--Bellerin---------------------------------------Tierney--
-------------Torreria----------Dacoure-------------------
-----Pepe--------------Ceballos-----------Lemar--------
---------------------Aubameyang--------------------------

You could easily drop one of Lemar/Ceballos and play Martin Nelly

sykesy69

I see your point but Pepe isn't going anywhere. He is better if he's the player offering width rather than being overlapped.

Dont get me wrong, not saying it couldn't work. Pepe could go inside and let the full back fly on like Kola/Auba do on the left.

But my thinking is that you want balance.
We got Kola/Tierney/ Hector that all love an adventure, why not invest in a more defensive minded defender?.
Main point of the game is to score goals, so I’d never think of buying a defensive player for a position we could attack from.

I think it’s all about having tactical intelligence, if we’re overloading one side, the other tucks. That way we’re dangerous from both sides and less predictable.

@MutableEarth you seen what’s happened with Derby County and FFP? They’re in serious trouble and will have to be selling on the cheap.

Just f*cking buy Bogle :lol:

Arent we doing the deal with the devil Kia so we can be able to get that Brazilian wonderkid at right back next summer?

Doubt we have scouts in the Championship anymore. Now we just have agents telling us what to buy.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Watched Schalke - Monchengladbach and Serdar picked up where he left before Christmas.

Guy is the perfect replacement for Ramsey, scored a cracking goal tonight but he’s so good in general at playing that box to box role.

For me, him and Bogle are at the top of my list. We’d be a different team overnight with those two.

WISH LIST JANUARY:

Layvin Kurzawa - I don't rate him, hes just another decent player we could add to our team and would be good backup. Plus it'll probably spell the end for Kolasinac, who we could get decent money for. Kurzawa would only be around £3m-£5m.

Djene Dakonam- SOLID centre back, would be better than all of our CB'S by far and is available for £22m. Experience at good league, underrated, undervalued and also isn't that old either. Would be a solid pick up.

Ibrahim Sangare - Don't think creativity in the midfield is main priority with Ceballos coming back, Xhaka and Özil. Sangare solid ball progresser whilst being a rock in defense. Would only be around £20m

Would Only Cost Around £40m-£50m.

Expecting: Boateng (loan), Kurzawa (free transfer - wait till summer because Arsenal dont want to cough up £5m)

Look. I know we don't need to prioritise but it has came out that Bruun Larsen is available for £3.4m. Hes 21, extremely promising and we need more wingers. I'd say hes past Bukayo Saka and Martinelli in quality and would be a steal. Should we do it?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Look. I know we don't need to prioritise but it has came out that Bruun Larsen is available for £3.4m. Hes 21, extremely promising and we need more wingers. I'd say hes past Bukayo Saka and Martinelli in quality and would be a steal. Should we do it?

Hi mate, please can you only post a new transfer thread when there is reports on him being linked with Arsenal. Otherwise keep it in the wish list.

Thanks,

OnlyOne - Moderator

Latest posts+

Top Bottom