• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but didn’t have a mad strike rate in the Eredivisie and he had a good World Cup in 2010? Thought it was a gamble at the time tbf though.

I mean Fernandes could well be class but 60M seems a big outlay for a 25 year old who’s relatively unproven. When you’re paying that much, you’re not far off affording Maddison surely.

I mean in theory the same could be said with signing Pepe over Sancho but deals are more complex than that. Leicester are relatively wealthy, they are in a much better position than we are, selling to a rival is never going to be straight forward, especially not in January.

I think this is a very specific case where a player who shouldn't be available has become available. Sporting have reported that they are going through severe financial issues and when Sp**s bid 60m last Summer, that was laughed at, now it's different, he's become available for the same price. Our scouts seem to think hes worth it, I hope they are right.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I mean in theory the same could be said with signing Pepe over Sancho but deals are more complex than that.

I think this is a very specific case where a player who shouldn't be available has become available. Sporting have reported that they are going through severe financial issues and when Sp**s bid 60m last Summer, that was laughed at, now it's different, he's become available for the same price. Our scouts seem to think hes worth it, I hope they are right.

Definitely true. He may well rip it up and prove me to be a mug but I just felt like Maddison to your lot was inevitable.

Felt like he’d have fitted like a glove with Rashford and Greenwood ahead of him, obviously Fernandes must have something about him but it seems a bit more of a punt.

Also, seen you’re after Bellingham from Birmingham City. Sickening stuff, he’s an unreal talent.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Definitely true. He may well rip it up and prove me to be a mug but I just felt like Maddison to your lot was inevitable.

Felt like he’d have fitted like a glove with Rashford and Greenwood ahead of him, obviously Fernandes must have something about him but it seems a bit more of a punt.

Also, seen you’re after Bellingham from Birmingham City. Sickening stuff, he’s an unreal talent.

Definitely more of a punt, Maddison does seem more of a sure thing, we'd know what we'd be getting if we paid 80m for him. You're right, Bruno may well be a flop. I'm curious to see what he can do.

I won't lie though, I think I'd prefer Grealish over Maddison if it came to it. I really hope the Bellingham rumours are true.

I guess there is some sort of logic to it if we are buying both Bruno and Bellingham, the age gap would suit Bellingham more than signing someone like Maddison or Grealish.

LG10

Fernandes is gonna be another hyped up foreign player to flop. Elite ball striker but thats about it, europa league caliber player.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Fernandes is gonna be another hyped up foreign player to flop. Elite ball striker but thats about it, europa league caliber player.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see. At the end of the day I'm just glad I'll barely see Lingard start a game for us now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom