• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
His ban has been upheld according to Sky, so he’s out for 3 games.

Just seen nobody has scored more PL goals than him since his arrival to England. Superb.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Good, the tackle deserves a three match ban.Don't see any redeeming circumstance, tbf. Live and learn, Auba, hopefully you come back wiser!

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Lucky we never got that extra ban they used to hand out for 'frivolous appeals'.

He did guy & then publicly apologized for doing so. ffs. :facepalm:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Reminds me of few seasons ago when some thug from Norwich pushed Sanchez in the same way mid-air and threw him in the cameraman pit-hole behind the touchline.
That ****er didn't even get a warning from the ref, let alone a card.
I think RvP got the same camera treatment and Debuchy's career with us was virtually ended when Arnautovic pushed him in the air.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
The ban was never getting overturned in a million years. I’m just pleased they didn’t extend the ban.

Still fuming about Ayew not getting booked though. Pepe’s yellow card was ridiculous as well. Zaha not being booked for a blatant dive...

Come to think of it we were victims of some shambolic refereeing. Proud of the boys for digging a point out. Could’ve nicked it at the end too.

Wryer

Bad decision to challenge. Embarrassing really, especially coming from a club who suffered from horrendous injuries from insane tackles like what Auba did.

Anyway, I see the tackle as a lazy one. The physical demands of Arteta is eating into the players because they are just not used to it. Hence a lazy, tired, poor tackle like this one. Auba has been putting in immense shifts on the wing over the last month. Was on the edge really.

Moah

Had they overturned decision, it would have created a big wave that never ends. Every red card would be appealed by every team in the league.

They did the right thing by standing with the decision and we did the right thing by appealing it so indirectly blocking an extension of the ban.

Manberg

Predator
On the back of that statement one would’ve assumed he would’ve signed that contract by now. Not hearing any talk about it at the moment and it expires next season. Don’t tell me he’s holding out for Özil wages that mistake shouldn’t be made again.

Reactions: roz

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Used the hearing to highlight major inconsistencies in decision making by var and the on field ref.
Did we actually?

Every club needs to be able to write to the referees, not as part of the appeal process but just for some kind of visibility.

Seems like refs are only accountable to themselves in this country. I’d really like to show a ref the penalty that Willian won two weeks ago vs the one that Pepe was denied and watch as they try to justify their blatant inconsistency.

In the NBA the officials are made to prepare reports of decisions they’ve made in clutch time of close games and will admit an incorrect decision in hindsight. It doesn’t change the result but it at least shows some kind of humility and desire to improve. Better than our useless arrogant piece of **** English referees who never want to overturn anything because they don’t want to undermine their fellow referee and never apologise for incorrect decisions. ****ing ****s.

/rant

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I had no idea how big his loyalty bonus and other bonuses were:

The details, for example, of Arsenal paying Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang £18.2 million on top of his £198,000-a-week salary when he signed from Borussia Dortmund, including a £15.15 million loyalty bonus and £50,000 every time he started a league match. Or, most remarkably, the “Champions League bonus” of £2.26 million, which the striker purportedly received even though Arsenal had failed to qualify

So basically he gets 198+77+50 a week =£320,000

More if we have a European game!

https://theathletic.com/1543476/2020/01/21/what-is-in-a-footballers-contract?source=shared-article

Manberg

Predator
Would you guys want to sign Auba to a new contract if, as is likely, he demands Özil type wages (or possibly even more)?

Interested to know what fellow posters think, because if he is demanding those types of sums I think we should cash in on him.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Would you guys want to sign Auba to a new contract if, as is likely, he demands Özil type wages (or possibly even more)?

Interested to know what fellow posters think, because if he is demanding those types of sums I think we should cash in on him.

If you look at my post you'll see he's already getting Özil type wages...

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Did we actually?

Every club needs to be able to write to the referees, not as part of the appeal process but just for some kind of visibility.

Seems like refs are only accountable to themselves in this country. I’d really like to show a ref the penalty that Willian won two weeks ago vs the one that Pepe was denied and watch as they try to justify their blatant inconsistency.

In the NBA the officials are made to prepare reports of decisions they’ve made in clutch time of close games and will admit an incorrect decision in hindsight. It doesn’t change the result but it at least shows some kind of humility and desire to improve. Better than our useless arrogant piece of **** English referees who never want to overturn anything because they don’t want to undermine their fellow referee and never apologise for incorrect decisions. ****ing ****s.

/rant
A million times this, nowhere else can you note such blatant influence from referees than in the PL.

There is absolutely no accountability. Something Arsène made note of as well as Mourinho - can't recall if it was specifically VAR related but I know these men absolutely hated how a ref can influence the game.

Still cant let go of that RVP red card (in Europe but point still stands, these lot need to be held accountable and investigated for some shoddy refereeing)

Camus

Trusted ⭐

He earns 200k a week base and gets 50k everytime he starts, which at times can be 2 times a week. So he's already on 300k a week or there abouts. Not to mention if he stays until his contract is up in 2021 he'll get a 15million loyalty bonus. Divide that over the length of his 4 year contract and he'll be earning around 370million, so already more than Özil as far as I'm aware.

We could probably afford to give him another 50 (pulling numbers out of my arse here) that would take him over 400k but I doubt still that he'd stay. Don't think any other club would be willing to better that so it's not really a money thing with Auba.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Did we actually?

/rant
Not even sure thats a rant mate. Just the cold hard truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom