• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bruno Guimarães

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
To be fair, the club was founded as Athletico, not Atletico. They just went back to their original name. But what's in an h?

Eh, if you lived in Curitiba like I did you know that that H has a lot to do with how they want to be perceived and how the south here Brazil is.

It goes deeper.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Need to hijack the deal.

Gazeta is a local paper and are reliable. Benfica has a fee agreed, but we came in at the last second, since as APs president said, we wanted to deal in June.

Atletico want a 20% to 30% sell on, on top of the 25m euro mentioned. Maybe the pound being expensive as **** in BRL can tip the balance to our favor, but that is one huge ass sell on.

We'd likely have to pay more to get him with better clauses.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Gazeta is a local paper and are reliable. Benfica has a fee agreed, but we came in at the last second, since as APs president said, we wanted to deal in June.

Atletico want a 20% to 30% sell on, on top of the 25m euro mentioned. Maybe the pound being expensive as **** in BRL can tip the balance to our favor, but that is one huge ass sell on.

We'd likely have to pay more to get him with better clauses.
20% sell on doesn't sound alot to be fair but think our main problem is with 3rd party partnership

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Not to impressed by his comps on youtube that's saying a lot since youtube is supposed to show your best, He looks frail, no shot, let benfica have him surely we must have better targets than this lined up. And where's our bloody defender ?, tired of being linked to midfielders especially ones like this.

blrgooner

Established Member
Not sure about how good the player is but I am happy with the profile. I actually hope we are looking at our midfield as an area to strengthen

Last edited:

Vantastico

You would think if its between Benfica and us for the same fee, Benfica seems like a more reliable outlet for a Brazilian club to do business with. We'll only have interest in their gems and haggle over prices down to the penny, whereas Benfica will buy their players in bunches hoping one of them pans out and they can sell on to some shady agent-linked club for 45m.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Yet another midfielder. We need a DEFENCE!

Also, his stats leave a lot to be desired.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Mod Edit: you've wish harm on Arsenal players enough now, one more and it's a ban

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloodbather

Established Member

Can't say the prospects of this move excites me. Doesn't seem like a player that will move the needle for us in midfield. His highlight videos reminded me of Xhaka, seems similarly slow on the ball with good passing and decent defensive contribution.

Let Benfica have him. There are better midfield prospects to look at in the summer.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Quite a few people saying he is like Xhaka after watching his youtube clip. Not sure what you are watching, but from the clip, he can spray the ball, find an incisive pass, play throughballs, turn on a six pence, drive into space and tackle. Not bad traits to have in the centre of the pitch. Hard to judge how fast he is, but he runs past and away from people, so he isn't slow.

I thought Arteta's answer to Kessie was interesting. 'Not at the moment', where as everyone else had a flat out no.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Quite a few people saying he is like Xhaka after watching his youtube clip. Not sure what you are watching, but from the clip, he can spray the ball, find an incisive pass, play throughballs, turn on a six pence, drive into space and tackle. Not bad traits to have in the centre of the pitch. Hard to judge how fast he is, but he runs past and away from people, so he isn't slow.

I thought Arteta's answer to Kessie was interesting. 'Not at the moment', where as everyone else had a flat out no.

Yeah I don't really get the Xhaka comparisons.

Gunner-Union

Kessié is an interesting one and I think there is a good player there and imo he suits the pl. not sure what he would cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom