• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
1278.jpg

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mesut-Özil-over-moon-after-5797784

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I was really invested when Cesc was here, Cesc really carried the badge with passion.
My favourite Arsenal player ever at one point and then that went down the toilet, once he refused to train and shamefully forced his move.

Wryer

Cesc had the heart for the English game that gelled with his Spanish skills. He was a real prodigy and it would have been insanely romantic for him to stay with us throughout his career. On hindsight, from career perspective, the Barca move notched him down and he never recovered from there. Then had one good year in Chelsea before being dumped. I'm sure he regrets leaving us, from this perspective.

Anywayyyyy - for Özil, can't say I didn't see this reversion to a less physical mode coming. It's just not in his normal game to put in that shift every 3-4 days. Key thing is he picks himself up and go again. I remember AW used to pace players like Bergy and Pires because it's not their natural game to hustle.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Anywayyyyy - for Özil, can't say I didn't see this reversion to a less physical mode coming. It's just not in his normal game to put in that shift every 3-4 days. Key thing is he picks himself up and go again. I remember AW used to pace players like Bergy and Pires because it's not their natural game to hustle.

Bergkamp may have not been a hustler but my man had a reeeeal mean streak. Elbows and stamps on the QT were fully on the menu. Tough player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think Özil from 2013-2017 had an absolutely golden run. He’s fallen off the last couple of years but that shouldn’t cloud how he’s actually seen in terms of his time here.

He hasn’t lived up to his contract since extending but if you look at the time before that he was a genuinely world class player.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Still think it was a massive mistake not resigning him when we had the chance. He was pure electric for Chelsea at times.
This. Also massively agree with the notion the Cesc was undoubtedly far superior to Özil. Easily one of my top 10 favourite arsenal players ever.

If we'd have signed Fabregas for the 35million than sooo many dominions would have fallen differently. Chelsea wouldn't have won the league, we might have won the league, we wouldn't have spunked 35million on Xhaka, Özil wouldn't have fleeced us for 350k a week, Ramsey might still be here....All hypothetical of course but I believe God damn it.

Jae

This. Also massively agree with the notion the Cesc was undoubtedly far superior to Özil. Easily one of my top 10 favourite arsenal players ever.

If we'd have signed Fabregas for the 35million than sooo many dominions would have fallen differently. Chelsea wouldn't have won the league, we might have won the league, we wouldn't have spunked 35million on Xhaka, Özil wouldn't have fleeced us for 350k a week, Ramsey might still be here....All hypothetical of course but I believe God damn it.

100% mate. This is where it all started to go wrong for us in my opinion.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Think Özil from 2013-2017 had an absolutely golden run. He’s fallen off the last couple of years but that shouldn’t cloud how he’s actually seen in terms of his time here.

He hasn’t lived up to his contract since extending but if you look at the time before that he was a genuinely world class player.

He gave like 2 good seasons in his 6.5 years in the club....... if that is your standard of world class then that standard is low. Arteta has a bigger more justified claim to being world class than Özil does, based on the number of good games he has given us vs Özil's.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I hope we are active in the market to sell this lad. I've thought about it a lot, and there is a lot of moments i'm grateful for that we had Mesut. He has produced some fantastic moments and a lot of silky play which have been a pleasure to watch. However, these have been far too few when you consider that he has been here since 2013. Simply not good enough, good patches followed by dreadful play and invisibility on the pitch.
Consider the circumstances, i hold the view that the purchase of mes was one of the worst in the history of english transfers; not because the player lack quality but becuase it was not what we needed at the time. Especially at that price.

Özil has frustrated me so much during his time here, but he has also brought me a lot of joy. Especially during the autumn of 2015, when he was absolute electric. The fact of the matter remains that he will leave not really have made any everlasting impression on Arsenal FC or the league in general. In that regard he is a flop signing.
Sure, Arsenal FC has failed Mesut (and Sanchez) but not buying a top forward in 2015 but all things consider, Özil have failed Arsenal FC more.

The work to find him a new club should never stop, never take a break or never sleep. I hope Arteta recognizes this and have a plan for the summer for a new, younger ability in his position.

Thank you for a couple of memories Mez but you're best was not good enough.

Peace out, imma head out of this wee thread

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Arteta isn't looking to find Özil a new club before his contract. He's looking how to get a productive and motivated showing week in week out from one of his most talented players, knowing he's not going to see the big money to flood the team with talent for a few windows.

We need to back the team now, hope Özil is his best self for the remainder of his contract, and look to the long term.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta isn't looking to find Özil a new club before his contract. He's looking how to get a productive and motivated showing week in week out from one of his most talented players, knowing he's not going to see the big money to flood the team with talent for a few windows.

We need to back the team now, hope Özil is his best self for the remainder of his contract, and look to the long term.

We should be trying to phase him out. Out of possession he is basically a body just running around chasing shadows.

However, what bothers me most is Lacazette gets so much heat for not scoring, Pepe is being judged on his contribution to goals, Auba is analysed by his goals. Why does Özil get away with it?

He is a number 10 that doesn't shoot in modern football. He is so high up the pitch, yet will never come close to scoring. So one of our main offensive positions just won't contribute goals. How is that okay?

Oh wait he provides assists. No he doesn't! He isn't even doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom