• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

Grealish would be more cheaper if Villa got down. I wanted Grealish since villa got down few years ago he was clearly talented but now he improved so much

I like that Grealish has got a personality around him. He's got the technique, confidence and the leadership aura around him. A player that you build a team around, I suppose.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I expect Maddison to either go to United or stay at Leicester. Grealish probably ends up at United if they can't get Maddison.

Both would be good signings for us, but I doubt it happens. Grealish is definitely more likely than Maddison though.

Hakim Ziyech is the most likely attacking midfielder signing imo, and I'd be pretty happy with that.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Much appreciated.

It surprises me that the figures for recovery are quite low for all three players. Positional awareness and tactical awareness are twobattributes we desperately need in our next CB. Actually, for Luiz it doesnt surprise me as much. Perhaps its just a stat that's generally lower in this methodology.

Never really rated Stones, but haven't seen much of him this season. Stats look very good though and good age/experience to pair alongside Saliba next season. Arteta of course also has an obvious link so might make sense if at all possible.

I think the recovery figure does tend lower in this methodology. I just checked Van Dijk and his is "only" 62. Blows away these other guys, but it pales in comparison to his off-the-charts 93 in rigour.

Stones is certainly an imperfect player, but he's just entering his prime and nobody knows him better than Arteta. I guess we'll see if there's any actual interest in the summer.

Gunner-Union

Kessié what’s your guys opinion on him? I think his style would suit epl. grealish should be our number priority for cm as he picks the ball up and drives forward and we have no one like that he’s also a good passer and works hard.

billyf

Leaving AC Milan who are a total mess to join Arsenal who are also a mess... hmmm. Poor mr. Kessié, he's so desperate.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What is Kessie like?

I seem to remember everyone making a big deal before we played them then he did very little

Bloodbather

Established Member

Kessié was super hyped when he had that great season at Atalanta, but seems to have not lived up to expectations at Milan. Granted, Milan is a shambles.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Fingers crossed Kia can bring Talisca back to Europe.

I dont really mind the agent thing. We no longer have the draw at manager, no European football & only loans / cheap deals this window... Might need to get a bit dirty.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
All these names/links are disappointing as ****, but perhaps Sanllehi can surprise us again as he did in the summer, after all the talk of Praet, Fraser, Carrasco, we got Nicolas Pepe.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I’m not sure Kurzawa is being signed only because he’s a Kia player. I mean there’s obviously the link there but we’re in need of a LB and he’s cheap (possibly even free) and an OK backup to Tierney. Kolasinac is at the point where he needs an extension or to be sold. They’re obviously not going to give him an extension on his £100k wages to sit on the bench behind Tierney most weeks. They can sell him in the summer and make a profit whatever they get for him. Good for FFP in terms of keeping the losses down and lowering the wage bill, which are big problems.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I’m not sure Kurzawa is being signed only because he’s a Kia player. I mean there’s obviously the link there but we’re in need of a LB and he’s cheap (possibly even free) and an OK backup to Tierney. Kolasinac is at the point where he needs an extension or to be sold. They’re obviously not going to give him an extension on his £100k wages to sit on the bench behind Tierney most weeks. They can sell him in the summer and make a profit whatever they get for him. Good for FFP in terms of keeping the losses down and lowering the wage bill, which are big problems.

I'm sure there are other places we could be looking at. By accounts he's not been in good form and has had injury problems.

Doesn't sound like somebody who should be here to cover or take over after two injured left backs.

I’ll gladly eat humble pie if he’s a success, but I’m not really holding my breath here.

Wagwaan

Give Kola an extension. Absolute beast.
Kurzawa has been absolute garbage whenever I've seen him play. Gets away with it at PSG as they dont have to defend much and Thiago saves him most the time when hes caught out upfield.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

I fully expect Kolasinac to be moved in the summer, so I can see the logic in this deal, especially if they can bring him in now. They really need some immediate reinforcement while Tierney is out. Kurzawa proved capable of filling in at right back as well against Galatasaray in the Champions League, having one of his best games actually. So that's a bonus with Bellerin's health still being a bit dicey.

Of course fans are going to carry on about how he's not good enough because he's only a part-time starter for PSG, but when you're looking for a veteran presence to fill a backup roll it seems rather silly to think a part-time starter for PSG can't be a backup/part-time guy for Arsenal at the moment. As I've said before a time or two, not every player on your squad has to be world class. Sometimes you need good squad players. And actually this guy is really an excellent passer who can create opportunities for the goalscorers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom