• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dries Mertens

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s a good player, would take on a 1 year deal.

Only issue is his age, 33 and coming to a more demanding league, you wonder if he’ll even make an impact or just struggle.

Underhill

While a "project youth" is exciting, and could work in FIFA or football manager 20, you also need some experience in the team. The idea of having mentors to young talent is worth contemplating. Even a team like Ajax have old geezers like Tadic.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
While a "project youth" is exciting, and could work in FIFA or football manager 20, you also need some experience in the team. The idea of having mentors to young talent is worth contemplating. Even a team like Ajax have old geezers like Tadic.

Though I agree with most of what you wrote, I think that for once AM fixation with age is a bit on point because of how dificult it might be to shift him.

Only way you take him is on a Lichsteiner type 1+1 deal on a resonable wage.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Quite the negative reaction to this news due to his age, but it'd be a pretty good short-term squad depth move. It's a free transfer after all.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I know people will say its serie a but Mertens in last 2 season he scored 41 goals and had 24 assists in all competitions what's good about him that he isn't injury prone. He also can play everywhere upfront but his best season came as striker with sarri he ended up with 34 goals in all competitions.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
What's his fitness like this season? With lich you could kinda see in his last season or two at juve that he was starting to slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom