• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Edu wants to sign Alexandre Pato I am hearing.

Yikes.

Should have signed him 10 years ago and kept him away from Berlusconi's daughter. That's when his career fell off the cliff.

pato_784x0.jpg

Kysus

We desperately need an attacker. Are we planning to play Özil and Laca every game nomatter what even without injuries?
Continuing like that we soon are forced to field a youngster only strikeforce when the few senior ones eventually break down.

Manberg

Predator
Why can’t we go out and sign a big player for big money? Liverpool signed Van Dijk in January for £75m from Southampton. Is it too much to ask for a similar impact of a January signing?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why can’t we go out and sign a big player for big money? Liverpool signed Van Dijk in January for £75m from Southampton. Is it too much to ask for a similar impact of a January signing?
Not possible after spent 130m in summer better wait until summer

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

The availability of such players in January is very rare. Hell, such players are rare. Although, to be fair, Arsenal fans would have crushed the club for spending that sort of money on a player who was recently off a long-term injury, in poor form and thought to maybe have a poor attitude in trying to force his way out of the club. Some (not all) would have liked to have him, of course, but most would have thought the club had lost its mind to pay that much. It's easier to see, of course, in retrospect, but at the time it was a gamble for Liverpool. They were confident in their scouting, though.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

We must get Wilf Zaha in before Chelsea do. A gooner who would love nothing more than to play for the club he supported growing up.

He might not score every week but he puts himself about & causes havoc to defences. Ruined Peps birthday yesterday & that alone is enough to recruit him if not for his all round ability :lol:

TornadoTed

Established Member
I hate the January window. Brings false hope every year. Wish it got abolished.

It's a lot easier if you expect nothing and then treat even the crumbiest of loans as a bonus, works for me!

I'm with you though, hardly any decent business gets done in January, it would be far better if it was scrapped altogether.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Have to agree with @GDeep™ and @yousif_arsenal. The players we are linked with arent exciting. Better to save what money we have and overhaul the squad in the summer but knowing our execs, they will blame the Euros on not being able to sign anyone. There's no point wasting money onwashed up players although Kurzawa has been good in the handful of games I've seen him play.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Have to agree with @GDeep™ and @yousif_arsenal. The players we are linked with arent exciting. Better to save what money we have and overhaul the squad in the summer but knowing our execs, they will blame the Euros on not being able to sign anyone. There's no point wasting money onwashed up players although Kurzawa has been good in the handful of games I've seen him play.
I think euros would make things difficult because the summer market close before season start so that's mean more less time to get things done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom