• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Manberg

Predator
I found players like Carrick, Giggs and Scholes to be very average and Rooney overrated. But that’s all subjective.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Nearly signed Carrick in 2004 too apparently, ffs...Fabregas coming through, rightfully made Arsène change his mind unfortunately, as we already had Vieira and Gilberto.

Still...him and Cesc would have been the perfect two to take over from Vieira and Giberto :(

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Nearly signed Carrick in 2004 too apparently, ffs...Fabregas coming through, rightfully made Arsène change his mind unfortunately, as we already had Vieira and Gilberto.

Still...him and Cesc would have been the perfect two to take over from Vieira and Giberto :(

Wenger trusted his French boy Flamini after some time.

Riou

Wenger trusted his French boy Flamini after some time.

tenor.gif

MikeVinna

Established Member
Why didnt he sub any more players? Couldve brought Ceballos or Guendouzi on to offer a different skillset and some fresh legs. Instead only Nketiah came on..

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
4 points dropped in a week, not to mention needless dropped points vs Chelsea. We actually should be going to Stamford Bridge as top 4 rivals.

Arteta gets a free pass this season as he inherited a mess, but I expect us to be showing much more next season.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
4 points dropped in a week, not to mention needless dropped points vs Chelsea. We actually should be going to Stamford Bridge as top 4 rivals.

Arteta gets a free pass this season as he inherited a mess, but I expect us to be showing much more next season.
We are just so poor in attack. No patterns, no go-to combinations, shocking execution of passes.

GunnerShy

They were very compact and organised. We scored the first. From there we did really well to hold them at arms length. Some inexplicably nervy defending led to a flukey equaliser after we were earlier robbed of a penalty. Nonetheless it was not long ago sides like this were coming to the Arsenal and having 20+ shots on goal and we were lucky to take a point. In that sense we've improved.

We've been had over by VAR this season and I'd like to think the club is throwing its weight around about it, I can accept human error on the pitch but not in the little VAR tv room. It's a disgrace and heads should roll.

My hope is we can pull things together in Europa and go deep and make things interesting. For me, really the only thing that's missing at the moment is the 2nd and third goal.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Remember when we nearly signed Alonso too?

Anyway the senior players in our current squad bar a couple are gash. We have no true goal threat outside of Auba and 0 creativity in midfield if Özil doesn't show up... and hes starting to go missing a bit again.

Riou

Remember when we nearly signed Alonso too?

Anyway the senior players in our current squad bar a couple are gash. We have no true goal threat outside of Auba and 0 creativity in midfield if Özil doesn't show up... and hes starting to go missing a bit again.

Another one that got away...our midfield from 2008 on could have been Alonso-Diaby/Song-Fabregas, bit of everything.

I can't believe I thought this team would get third at the start of the season, don't say football doesn't get you optimistic :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Our 2010-2011 team was much better than Utd’s that won the league and Wenger certainly failed that season.
:lol: Wenger assembled that squad on a shoestring. We had no right to even be in that position. One point we looked unbeatable and on course to potentially challenge for all four trophies. By mid-February, we were just one point behind United in second, in the final of the Carling Cup, had defeated Pep's Barca 2-1 in the first leg of their Champions League round of 16 tie and were still in the FA Cup.

But without Cesc and Theo for the Carling Cup final against Birmingham City, we had that crazy mix up between Szczesny and Kos which allowed Martins to score that injury time winner.

That defeat, more injuries and the involvement of poor players like Almunia, Squillaci, Djourou, ruined that season.

The only thing I blamed Wenger for was playing Kieran Gibbs ahead of Clichy in the United game. Fabio’s first goal came from Gibbs' position.

Manberg

Predator
:lol: Wenger assembled that squad on a shoestring. We had no right to even be in that position. One point we looked unbeatable and on course to potentially challenge for all four trophies. By mid-February, we were just one point behind United in second, in the final of the Carling Cup, had defeated Pep's Barca 2-1 in the first leg of their Champions League round of 16 tie and were still in the FA Cup.

But without Cesc and Theo for the Carling Cup final against Birmingham City, we had that crazy mix up between Szczesny and Kos which allowed Martins to score that injury time winner.

That defeat, more injuries and the involvement of poor players like Almunia, Squillaci, Djourou, ruined that season.

The only thing I blamed Wenger for was playing Kieran Gibbs ahead of Clichy in the United game. Fabio’s first goal came from Gibbs' position.

Squad cost doesn't matter. Even with a Koscielny and Djourou CB pairing (which was pretty good at the time), we had a better squad than Utd and despite being their main challengers for most of the season, we finished 4th. Epic bottlejob. Wenger out.

Riou

Big Johan was arguably our best defender that season, which probably shows why we weren't good enough to the win the league :lol:

People probably just get a little angry over the collapse that season, had we won the Carling Cup but still not the league, people would have been more understanding...the 10-11 team, while exciting, just didn't have a defence of league winners.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Squad cost doesn't matter. Even with a Koscielny and Djourou CB pairing (which was pretty good at the time), we had a better squad than Utd and despite being their main challengers for most of the season, we finished 4th. Epic bottlejob. Wenger out.
:lol: Heard all that nonsense before somewhere.

Top Bottom