• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | Tuesday, January 21 | KO: 20:15 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
LAND_16_9_4389146.jpg

Chelsea are looking to complete the Premier League double against Arsenal for the fifth time, having done so in 2005/06, 2009/10, 2012/13 and 2015/16. Only Liverpool and Man Utd have done this against the Gunners on five occasions.

Frank Lampard is looking to become the first English Chelsea manager to do the league double against Arsenal since Dave Sexton in 1969/70.

No team has won more Premier League away matches at Stamford Bridge than Arsenal's seven.

Only Norwich City, with 6,245, have given more Premier League minutes to players aged 21 or younger this season than Chelsea's 5,736 and Arsenal's 4,091.

Referee: Stuart Atwell

Team News
Arsenal: Chambers, Tierney, Nelson out; Aubameyang suspended; Kolasinac, Sokratis to be assessed

Chelsea: Loftus-Cheek, Pulisic, Van Ginkel, Alonso, James out

Untitled.jpg

Not sure what else to do with the team. Maybe Ceballos/Guendouzi get a game instead of Özil? Arteta's hands are tied really.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We tend to play better in big games but we're rubbish away from home. Can't really see us taking this one, I see another draw if I'm being optimistic.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Chelski aren’t great at home. They struggle to control and see out games. We have nothing to fear against these lot and should have our last defeat against them fresh in our memories.

No Auba is jarring. Like against Sheffield Utd, need Pepe and Laca to come to the fore. Martinelli seems to have the bit between his teeth.

Fitness permitting, I’d go;

Leno
AMN Sokratis Luiz Kolasinac
Torreira Xhaka
Pepe Özil Martinelli
Lacazette

Subs: Martinez, Bellerin, Holding, Guendouzi, Willock, Saka, Nketiah.

Think it’ll be a draw but if we’re clinical we should win. We’ve gone close a few times at Stamford Beach recently, we’re due a victory. COYG!!

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Van Ginkel is still at Chelsea? They bought him like 10 years ago.

Was just about to say that. And people think we were too lenient in keeping Diaby on the books :lol:

In any case, I'm going against my head & say that, since this is away & Chelsea, bizarrely enough, are atrocious this season at The Bridge, we might actually get away with a point if not all 3.

Would've never suggested such a thing under the previous incumbent.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes its either 12th draw of season or close lose can't see us winning. We'll play with same team against Sheffield hopefully kola can be fit i want bellerin to get back to team he added too much offensively i think he won't be ready
Leno
AMN Sokratis Luiz Kola
Torreira Xhaka
Pepe Özil Martinelli
Laca

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Chelsea don't look good lately specially at home but they struggle more against team who park the bus not against attacking team

GoonerJay24

Leno
Niles Holding Luiz Kolasinac
Xhaka Torreria
Pepe Willock Martinelli
Lacazette

I don't want to see Niles playing in an inverted role, would work much better for this team overlapping Pepe so he can cut inside.

I read that Kolasinac is fit for this, if not we'll have to start Saka again.

Rest Özil and start Willock because I feel we need something different in that position plus Mesut could do with a rest

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...in honour of Lauren's birthday today, here is a lovely goal from him at the Bridge, in an FA Cup win from 2003!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Think we'll draw 0-0, but a win and top 4 is maybe back on.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...Bergkamp’s pass is amazing, but a central midfielder playing for Arsenal who has the physical capabilities to run at high speed towards the opponents net...so they can exist!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's actually unbelievable how we're still with some sort of chance of still catching Chelsea. But winning this with Lacardi B up front seems like a tall ask.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I truly think we will put up a good fight and win this. I am confident Arteta will want to show he's the better "younger" manager lol. I am going to say 2-1 to us. Ill be rushing home from class to watch this then go back to school for my night class lol so please Arsenal make it a good day for us! Hoping Martinelli scores 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom