• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

It's astonishing that Arteta believes we have any chance of attaining top 4 through the league.

Does the club's entire heirarchy run on a delusion laden beverage? :lol:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
It's astonishing that Arteta believes we have any chance of attaining top 4 through the league.

Does the club's entire heirarchy run on a delusion laden beverage? :lol:

Not really when you think about it. If Arsenal beats Chelsea, they'll be 7 points behind with 14 games to play. That's certainly not insurmountable. United and Sp**s have been just about as crappy as Arsenal. It's unlikely, but if Arteta can really get Arsenal on a roll they have a chance. But they need to not only win this game, but stop giving away points.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
if you give up on 10 points difference, 15 games to play then you shouldn't be in it in the first place.
true competitors would never

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Isn't there an interesting fullback (maybe for both sides) in the Championsship?

I mean it makes no sense to make an average signing just to have someone for the next months. Not expecting much in the league anyway.

"Sadly" we have some offensive talents in our academy, but nothing special defensively. Watched Osei-Tutu often for Bochum, but not even close to consider him for Arsenal.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Isn't there an interesting fullback (maybe for both sides) in the Championsship?

I mean it makes no sense to make an average signing just to have someone for the next months. Not expecting much in the league anyway.

"Sadly" we have some offensive talents in our academy, but nothing special defensively. Watched Osei-Tutu often for Bochum, but not even close to consider him for Arsenal.

I’ve gone on enough about Jayden Bogle as a potential RB. In terms of LB’s from the Championship I’d probably only consider @MutableEarth ’s boy Rico Henry.

Always seemed to be made out of glass but this year he’s been an ever present for Brentford although he’s not the best attacking full back, his crossing is pretty average.

Nathan Ferguson is a quality talent who can play in all three defensive positions but he’s naturally a CB imo who won’t offer much going forwards.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Not really when you think about it. If Arsenal beats Chelsea, they'll be 7 points behind with 14 games to play. That's certainly not insurmountable. United and Sp**s have been just about as crappy as Arsenal. It's unlikely, but if Arteta can really get Arsenal on a roll they have a chance. But they need to not only win this game, but stop giving away points.

Therein lies our problem. This is actually frighteningly similar to last season's top 4 battle where every participant (bar City & Liverpool) conspired to throw it away & the last 2 entrants ended up doing so by virtue of being less crap than the other 2 :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I’ve gone on enough about Jayden Bogle as a potential RB. In terms of LB’s from the Championship I’d probably only consider @MutableEarth ’s boy Rico Henry.

Always seemed to be made out of glass but this year he’s been an ever present for Brentford although he’s not the best attacking full back, his crossing is pretty average.

Nathan Ferguson is a quality talent who can play in all three defensive positions but he’s naturally a CB imo who won’t offer much going forwards.
It could end up being Bukayo Saka strangely enough - if he changes his mind that is.

Seconded on Jayden Bogle. A great pickup for any team bold enough to slap 10m on the table for him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It could end up being Bukayo Saka strangely enough - if he changes his mind that is.

Seconded on Jayden Bogle. A great pickup for any team bold enough to slap 10m on the table for him.

You think his long term future lies there? I must admit I’ve been watching him closely since he’s moved there.

A certain young Liverpool winger who’s found success at right back recently comes to mind :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You think his long term future lies there? I must admit I’ve been watching him closely since he’s moved there.

A certain young Liverpool winger who’s found success at right back recently comes to mind :lol:
I've long thought Saka could be a standout world class full back, and circumstance has shown us his promise there. He has much more of a case in favor of the position change than Ainsley does IMO (Ainsley needs the action in midfield, too idle to be a wide man) I also think he is humble and smart enough to see how awesome he could be as a full back.

Issue for me is, he still has massive potential as an attacker, so there will always be that question if he goes further back. But I wonder how much Trent regrets moving to RB, knowing hes been a midfielder for so long in his youth career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom