• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think it’s more than fair to say that his been a disappointment, it could change next season of course.

For the fee we paid you expect him to lift himself above the issues around the club, like Auba or even Leno.

I’ve been patient with him but at times he just looks like a lost boy on the field, unable to even control the ball or know what he wants to do with it.

Part of the problem is likely due to the fact we overpaid for him, as was accepted at the time, but it is becoming evident that he’s not a 70m player.
What is a 70M player?

What is 70M when paying for potential vs when paying for current ability?

When Sancho moves for 100M this summer will he be expected to have a bigger impact than Van Dijk who moved for 70M?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Our only attacking threat recently in terms of piercing sides, what are you guys complaining about ?

I get it if you were saying it a few months ago but he has steadily been getting out of his shell recently. Was the difference vs United, fine margins vs Palace, was our most dangerous player at times vs Sheffield and was robbed of a pen to put the game away.

Why do we keep going back to his price tag. We have him now and he’s improving, let’s support him. There were worse players vs Sheffield like Laca Özil and Xhaka. Even Martinelli was poor outside of his goal (missed a couple chances Pepe set up)

Last edited:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
What is a 70M player?

What is 70M when paying for potential vs when paying for current ability?

When Sancho moves for 100M this summer will he be expected to have a bigger impact than Van Dijk who moved for 70M?
The fee reflects how much a club needs the player more than anything else these days, and we needed him.

What is a 70M player?

I think 70 M player is when we go out there and say "okay we are ready to splash the cash on a star player, a player that can take us to next level in the attack".

I don't think we should be looking at other transfers like Van Djik or Sancho and what they will mean for other teams. Pepe was signed by us and we signed him for money we have not spent on player before. It was a big step for us and I think we were hoping that these 70 M spent would have bigger influence this season.

I think it was bad business. He failed to deliver this season and with Africa national competition next year its another big L in his history with us. Other teams seems to get a free ride with their two foot tackles on him almost every game. Its a worrying signs, specially when Pepe him self like to show off and dribble in midfield for no reason.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I've been on about goals from the wings since we were trotting Ox out there and barely getting any f*cking output. We spent 70m and he still can't outperform Theo f*cking Walcott? Madness.

Kysus

Pepe is exactly what we needed, a player with world-class potential capable of creating and scoring from nothing for fun.

You guys with the pricetag are hilarious btw, You think in the day and age where a Harry Maguire costs 80mil you gonna get a ready made 24 year old world class attacker for the same price?LOL
We got what we paid for, a guy with massive potential.

We got 18 year old Brazilian for 7.5 M who has done more this season and plays with more maturity.

70 M wasted on Bebe.

Hopefully its lesson learned and we don't make the same mistake again.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I think 70 M player is when we go out there and say "okay we are ready to splash the cash on a star player, a player that can take us to next level in the attack".

I don't think we should be looking at other transfers like Van Djik or Sancho and what they will mean for other teams. Pepe was signed by us and we signed him for money we have not spent on player before. It was a big step for us and I think we were hoping that these 70 M spent would have bigger influence this season.

I think it was bad business. He failed to deliver this season and with Africa national competition next year its another big L in his history with us. Other teams seems to get a free ride with their two foot tackles on him almost every game. Its a worrying signs, specially when Pepe him self like to show off and dribble in midfield for no reason.
So because 70M means more to us than it means to a team like Liverpool we have to expect more and expect it quicker from a player?

Are you saying that because we broke our transfer record on a player he’s held to a higher standard?

What are you saying? You’re comparing the transfer fee to figures that other teams pay them go onto say that we shouldn’t look at what other teams do.

So because 70M means more to us than it means to a team like Liverpool we have to expect more and expect it quicker from a player?

Are you saying that because we broke our transfer record on a player he’s held to a higher standard?

What are you saying? You’re comparing the transfer fee to figures that other teams pay them go onto say that we shouldn’t look at what other teams do.

Yeah when we have less money than other teams and we decide to splash the cash the decision and the player we pick need to give us 100% worth the money. We can't afford to fail at these signings. We need them to work out to reach close to other teams around us.

We are team that pretends to have ambition to win the league, not in future far away but near future. We then say we don't have enough cash. So when we spend money it has to work out.

Are you really happy we spent 70 M on average player? What is it you are trying to say? Its okay we splash the cash on incapable players?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Are you really happy we spent 70 M on average player? What is it you are trying to say? Its okay we splash the cash on incapable players?
Too soon to call him average when he’s more of a potential signing than a finished product signing. Too soon to call him incapable. Even right now in this broken team he looks to be our most dangerous player at PL level.

He had just had his breakout season. You know this, I know this we all know this. Chelsea payed 60M for Pulisic and he hasn’t even had a breakout season, Callum Hudson-Odoi signed a 140kpw contract before he had even scored a premier league goal. :lol:

This is the market. I’m sorry that 70M doesn’t buy you ready made world class forwards anymore, I wish it did but it didn’t. Stop filling the players thread with nonsense just because he doesn’t meet nonsense criteria that you made up based on absolutely nothing.

Too soon to call him average when he’s more of a potential signing than a finished product signing. Too soon to call him incapable. Even right now in this broken team he looks to be our most dangerous player at PL level.

He had just had his breakout season. You know this, I know this we all know this. Chelsea payed 60M for Pulisic and he hasn’t even had a breakout season, Callum Hudson-Odoi signed a 140kpw contract before he had even scored a premier league goal. :lol:

This is the market. I’m sorry that 70M doesn’t buy you ready made world class forwards anymore, I wish it did but it didn’t. Stop filling the players thread with nonsense just because he doesn’t meet nonsense criteria that you made up based on absolutely nothing.

Mate I show your opinions respect. My opinions are not nonsense just because they trigger you and you disagree with them.

He is 24 year old player not some 18 year prodigy and you could already see in France was not all that good. Many goals from penalties. We still went on and spent insane money on him. He lacks a lot in football understanding to play in this league. And he doesn't look good at all in our attack. Our attack is one of the worst in the league and he is 1/3 of it. We barely create any chances. Tbf to Pepe he has good corners but that's it. Haven't seen him create much chances.

At best he is decent player but I think we need to sign star striker and left forward to carry him. He clearly is not 70 M player who carries attacks. I see big problem here.

He will be gone next season for major part of season playing in Africa but even then you have to start fear from him because refs and players in PL don't like it when he is trying some needless fancy stuff by the mid line. Fearing he will get two footed very soon if he keeps it up.

If 70 M don't get you ready made player and you are cheap team with weaknesses in almost every position we would do better trying to find more talents like Martinelli.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Mate I show your opinions respect. My opinions are not nonsense just because they trigger you and you disagree with them.

He is 24 year old player not some 18 year prodigy and you could already see in France was not all that good. Many goals from penalties. We still went on and spent insane money on him. He lacks a lot in football understanding to play in this league. And he doesn't look good at all in our attack. Our attack is one of the worst in the league and he is 1/3 of it. We barely create any chances. Tbf to Pepe he has good corners but that's it. Haven't seen him create much chances.

At best he is decent player but I think we need to sign star striker and left forward to carry him. He clearly is not 70 M player who carries attacks. I see big problem here.

He will be gone next season for major part of season playing in Africa but even then you have to start fear from him because refs and players in PL don't like it when he is trying some needless fancy stuff by the mid line. Fearing he will get two footed very soon if he keeps it up.

If 70 M don't get you ready made player and you are cheap team with weaknesses in almost every position we would do better trying to find more talents like Martinelli.

I disagree with nearly all of this but we're brothers so cba replying in depth!

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Okay you clearly don’t like the player, that’s fine. I do remember you were never a fan of the signing even before it was confirmed and you’re now blaming him for being fouled. :lol:

I wanted a bigger impact initially but unlike yourself I’ve accepted that foreign imports immediately smashing it in the PL happens very rarely.

I’ll ignore your opinions on the lad in the meantime I suppose. I guess I’m just more patient.

Smail

nicolas pepe's form has been loading since arrival and it almost is hitting 100%... soon we will see a new, inform pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom