• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I agree with everything you said until the end, Torreira is part of the problem like the rest he shouldn't be absolved of blame because he runs around a lot and is a fan favourite.

Torreira lacks physicality and stamina, our midfield gets bypassed a lot because he gets out of position trying to chase a tackle. Our whole team has chemistry issues.

I said he can be upgraded on but he shouldn't be the first to be upgraded. Put some pace in midfield with him and forwards who can receive the ball to feet back to goal, or run behind and Torreira instantly looks better.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I said he can be upgraded on but he shouldn't be the first to be upgraded. Put some pace in midfield with him and forwards who can receive the ball to feet back to goal, or run behind and Torreira instantly looks better.

People don't seem to be able to prioritise our issues with the squad.

Last edited:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

People still reject the idea he is ball winner midfielder not creative playmaker. Do people realize the times he won the ball back? Or the amount of times he won the ball back in our box or protecting the defense? That what he does.
He wins the ball FAR more than any other player on this team and that's obvious.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Lucas Torreira is the least of our worries in our midfield. Since Arteta has come in and has played him in a position and in a setup that works for him he has been very solid. Can think of several other positions that need addressing before we start thinking about moving him.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Lucas Torreira is the least of our worries in our midfield. Since Arteta has come in and has played him in a position and in a setup that works for him he has been very solid. Can think of several other positions that need addressing before we start thinking about moving him.

Most people agree that at Arsenal our midfield is the biggest problem, guess who's part of that midfield? You guessed it Lucas Torreira, so how is he the least of our worries if he's part of our biggest issue?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Most people agree that at Arsenal our midfield is the biggest problem, guess who's part of that midfield? You guessed it Lucas Torreira, so how is he the least of our worries if he's part of our biggest issue?
As I wrote, “Lucas Torreira is the least of our worries in our midfield”. Not sure what is unclear. Of all our midfield players he is the one I have the least issues with. I understand you do not rate him. I rate him highly. So we disagree on that player.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
As I wrote, “Lucas Torreira is the least of our worries in our midfield”. Not sure what is unclear. Of all our midfield players he is the one I have the least issues with. I understand you do not rate him. I rate him highly. So we disagree on that player.
Stop engaging him. He clearly has an agenda because he picks and chooses the part of the sentence he wants to reply to.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Better? In what world? He didn't step up for their goal. Torreira handled the Chelsea midfield by himself until Guendouzi came on.

His work on the ball was very impressive also.
I think he had a better game considering the circumstances. Playing in CB with ten men against waves of constant Chelsea pressure.

That’s why he’s getting the plaudits, because they were deserved.

bandaid

i dont want to prejudge a player. Santi too was small and people said he wasnt good enough for a top side. Lets see how Lucas does. Guy has gotten so far on merit, which speaks a lot to his good qualities.

Hopefully AMN or Willock or a new buy provides us some options and cover for xhaka/torreira.

GunnerShy

I slated him off, but he's been very good since Arteta come in. Far from flawless but one of the first names on the team sheet and the first in midfield.

MikeVinna

Established Member
No comments?!

Hope he gets better soon but that looked like a huge amount of pain. Lets hope its nothing career-threatening.

Not sure getting the ball warrants making such a risky two-legged challenge either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom