• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I don't think you are (unlike some others in this thread) I'm just wondering what your expectations were/are if you expected him to come in and have such an effect on our team.

Think about wingers who can carry an attack. We're not talking about guys like Salah/Mane/Sterling....we're talking about guys like Neymar and Hazard, wingers who can actually carry an attack single handedly.

The question I have for you is did you really expect Pepe to be that good? What exactly were you expecting because our attack isn't good enough for anyone except the world's best to deliver right now.

I expect Pepe to be a massive upgrade from Iwobi, at the very least. Right now he's looking more like a marginal upgrade from Iwobi at best. Iwobi was our bright spark and the guy making things happen last season, yet that didn't stop fans from ****ting on him due to his dodgy end product. Some degree of double standards here that Pepe has dodgy end product yet it's his teammates fault for that.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not sure what people think 70 mil in instalments gets you these days. Zaha has similar stats to Pepe this season and he’s a fantastic player + our original target. He would have cost us more upfront, people just need to stop using the price tag as an excuse to bash a player.

Pepe isn’t going to dribble the length of the pitch and win us games single handedly, I’m not sure what to tell you guys.

Last edited:

DasBootist

If Pepe isn't a monster attacker and one of Arsenal's best players in a year's time, then it would be reasonable to be worried. Not 6 months into his Arsenal career ffs

Okay you clearly don’t like the player, that’s fine. I do remember you were never a fan of the signing even before it was confirmed and you’re now blaming him for being fouled. :lol:

I wanted a bigger impact initially but unlike yourself I’ve accepted that foreign imports immediately smashing it in the PL happens very rarely.

I’ll ignore your opinions on the lad in the meantime I suppose. I guess I’m just more patient.

Actually I dont blame him for being fouled. Its just we are Arsenal and I think we and Pepe get zero protection from the refs hence I think it would be wise of Pepe not provoking the brutes in other teams when he is dribbling in places and time where he doesnt have too.

I hope Pepe make it. Its always like that. But for me it just so many things that are yet to click and atm it feels hopeless! Hopefully Arteta can Sterling him and we are in for a better times where everyone tags me in matchday thread when he scores or assists!

Moah

Actually I dont blame him for being fouled. Its just we are Arsenal and I think we and Pepe get zero protection from the refs hence I think it would be wise of Pepe not provoking the brutes in other teams when he is dribbling in places and time where he doesnt have too.

I hope Pepe make it. Its always like that. But for me it just so many things that are yet to click and atm it feels hopeless! Hopefully Arteta can Sterling him and we are in for a better times where everyone tags me in matchday thread when he scores or assists!
Will him being as good as Sterling justify the 70m for you?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Pepe is 24 years old....... he is not 18 years old like Gabriel. Those expecting him to play vastly better next season compared to this season are expecting far too much from him.

People keep saying he's here for potential like he's suddenly gonna become world class at 25, by 24 he should be performing close to his prime.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Pepe is 24 years old....... he is not 18 years old like Gabriel. Those expecting him to play vastly better next season compared to this season are expecting far too much from him.
You’re confusing developing as a player with adapting to a new environment.

Or you’re just being deliberately obtuse as most of the critics on here seem to be.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can he play as a 10?

In our system we need a 10 who can press, has the speed to track, can shoot, can take up spaces between lines, dribble and pass.

Speed
Press
Track
Dribble
Between lines
Shoot
Pass

Pepe can do all of those things. You feel like having him in between the lines instead of Özil and buying someone like Traore to play on the right would make us stronger.

It has always been you hating him not about his performances

Nah his performances have been huge problem this season. Not a single good game. Maybe that game where he scored two free kicks against some team in EL but that was just free kicks. His overall game is lacking big time!

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
In our system we need a 10 who can press, has the speed to track, can shoot, can take up spaces between lines, dribble and pass.

Speed
Press
Track
Dribble
Between lines
Shoot
Pass

Pepe can do all of those things. You feel like having him in between the lines instead of Özil and buying someone like Traore to play on the right would make us stronger.

I would like to see it.

Özil is doing really nothing, Pepe can't be any worse than that and of course Traore would be a good buy too, but to be honest I just expect Özil starting all matches this season, he has so much weight in the squad that you can't drop him without consequences.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

People keep saying he's here for potential like he's suddenly gonna become world class at 25, by 24 he should be performing close to his prime.
We’ve seen numerous players hit their peaks at all different stages.
His Arsenal career isn’t over after 6 months however you slice it :lol:

We have certain dons starting today how have been **** for years, have some patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom