• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, but to be honest, is there anybody that does not like and rate Cazorla and Nacho ?

Would be worrying stuff - those guys should be kept an eye on by the mods :lol:

Majority on here who wanted to keep Cazorla even if they knew he wasn't handling the league well with injuries. People rather watch him keep getting injured instead like I wanted for him to move back to Spain and play in the sun and in team that refs actually protect the players! I would count such thing as hate. :)

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I've seen it all now. Laca is faster than Mane and Salah.

Imagine the "lets laugh at Arsenal thread" in other fan forum when they read this ****:lol:

Hey hey your perception of reality is what's wrong here. Camus has undeniable statistics. We're the fools not him.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
What this I hear about issues with his girlfriend?

Oh I missed this. Cheers. It the classic format: he dated me for a few weeks, then I found out he had a long term girlfriend, then I stayed with him anyway, then he wouldn’t leave her, then I called the Sun for some £££

Is there a footballer out there without this story or similar?

Man is man. And 28 year old millionaires are doubly so.

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If ever we needed a player to step up its this guy tonight. If he fails tonight that should end any argument about signing a new contract and confirm his exit from the club in the summer. The balls in your court Laca, step up or step out!

MikeVinna

Established Member
Wish he would just finish some of his chances already. Used to think of him as one of the most confident shot takers.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
You're arguing against demonstrable facts here. Numbers aren't the problem, it's your clearly incorrect visual interpretation of pace.

Demonstrable facts. :lol:

Those numbers are useless on a football pitch, open your eyes. Lacazette turns like a boat ffs.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Did you ever play football?
I have done tests myself. Multiple "slow" players who never stood a chance against me on the pitch(pace wise) completely DESTROYED me over 100m due to way superior high speed.
In a game that however was meaningless, accleration is what it is about.
You'll excuse me if I don't take your anecdotal "tests" as seriously as Arsenal and Opta.

Demonstrable facts. :lol:

Those numbers are useless on a football pitch, open your eyes. Lacazette turns like a boat ffs.
Are you disputing that they are facts? Those numbers were literally measured on football pitches.

I made a comment regarding my own subjective perception of Lacazettes pace. You and others disagreed and chimed in with your own subjective perceptions. In such an impasse I've managed to back up my views with independent objective data. All you and others have done is strawman my original point and get upset at the numbers and go "uhhh they're wrong because I say so" :lol:

Hey hey your perception of reality is what's wrong here. Camus has undeniable statistics. We're the fools not him.
Maybe you could reply to me directly if you have a comment to make instead of playground antics like this. Are you up to that?

Last edited:

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

No we don't. We have Auba?

If anything you downgrade and get somebody younger who's not as good but has potential to match/eclipse him.

A lot of Laca's criticism is that he's not as good as Auba, which is weird because we have Auba.

This reply was ages ago but yes we do.. if he wasn’t starting as much then maybe that would be a fair argument. But he plays many games and isn’t good enough so therefore we need to upgrade.
The only players that should be bought for this club are upgrades in pretty much every position

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This reply was ages ago but yes we do.. if he wasn’t starting as much then maybe that would be a fair argument. But he plays many games and isn’t good enough so therefore we need to upgrade.
The only players that should be bought for this club are upgrades in pretty much every position
I'm assuming you mean move Auba to CF and then upgrade Laca to a left winger?

Otherwise I don't know why we'd upgrade on Laca and continue to have Auba playing out of position.

Kysus

Camus if you really can't see how top speed is almost meaningless in a sport where it is all about the first 5 yards then we can't help you.
Misinterpretations of stats like that have made them a laughing stock for years which is unfortunate.
The stats are not at fault, it is people not being able to bring them into context.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I'm assuming you mean move Auba to CF and then upgrade Laca to a left winger?

Otherwise I don't know why we'd upgrade on Laca and continue to have Auba playing out of position.
Oh yes that’s what I mean of course..Thought it was obvious sorry

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You'll excuse me if I don't take your anecdotal "tests" as seriously as Arsenal and Opta.

Are you disputing that they are facts? Those numbers were literally measured on football pitches.

I made a comment regarding my own subjective perception of Lacazettes pace. You and others disagreed and chimed in with your own subjective perceptions. In such an impasse I've managed to back up my views with independent objective data. All you and others have done is strawman my original point and get upset at the numbers and go "uhhh they're wrong because I say so" :lol:

Maybe you could reply to me directly if you have a comment to make instead of playground antics like this. Are you up to that?

Just because you have objective numbers doesn't mean you're applying them correctly.

It is clear from watching the many matches Lacazette plays that he never runs away from defenders. He doesn't make runs in behind nor do his team mates play balls in behind in expectation of him doing so.

It's nice that you've got a top speed number but that's all it is: a number. Numbers and statistics are not totems of fact but have to be interpreted in context.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Hadn't even looked at the data you provided until now... knew it was bollocks.

Laca's speed measured is in a training speed test... whilst your other rubbish source doesn't even state how they measured the Liverpool players' speed? Sounds like it's data from actual matches, where you rarely if ever hit absolute top speed.

"dEmOsTrAbLe FaCtS" :lol: use your eyes dude. If Laca was any quick, he'd score goals like Salah and Mane by running in behind or running with the ball at high speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom